[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest dirlan2001

Thank you!

Do I need to format SD Card in some way when flashing by TPT method?

My OSF is Gen1 with OLED screen.

Thank you!

Hi,

No need for that... just follow the instructions on the 1st post that explain how to flash the TPT :) I use a dedicated 1 gig card just for flashing only. My other (16gig) is formatted via CWM before using that 1st time...

:D

Guest dirlan2001

It happens on a brand new Windows 7 install, so it's not a PC or OS problem.

Is there a solution for this?

Hmmm ... never had any issue with that :blink:

Guest DavieJG

Hi guys,

great ROM! Sooo smooth and slick.

However, i'm finding i seem to be struggling with battery usage compared to SS RLS4b. The battery use monitor only reports mobile standby (49%), phone idle (48%), display (2%). However, in 20hrs i've lost 75% of the battery life. I wiped battery stats after installing the ROM and have left it charging all night as recommended in a previous thread.

The only app ive installed is swype, everything else is as was.

Could something be stopping my phone from sleeping?

Guest PeaNut_HU

Hi guys,

great ROM! Sooo smooth and slick.

However, i'm finding i seem to be struggling with battery usage compared to SS RLS4b. The battery use monitor only reports mobile standby (49%), phone idle (48%), display (2%). However, in 20hrs i've lost 75% of the battery life. I wiped battery stats after installing the ROM and have left it charging all night as recommended in a previous thread.

The only app ive installed is swype, everything else is as was.

Could something be stopping my phone from sleeping?

Did you use the included "No frills CPU Control" to downclock the CPU when idle ? If not, you have not done everything to get best battery results. The best setup for me is so far: min freq 122, max freq 604, governor: smartassv2, scheduler: bfq

Try it if you haven't done already.

Thankyou so much !!!

I used the "All-in-one TPT" and was up and running without any problems in around 10 minutes :D

I`m so happy to get rid of all that orange rubbish on my phone :)

Thanks again !!!

Guest ak167777

Hi, i am using 2.2.x from "Gen1"

Just update your new rom to 2.3.5 by using TPT. Really nice.

Thanks a lot, nice work.

Btw, Just wanner confirm that my blade is equal to "Gen2" now?

Hmmm ... never had any issue with that :blink:

Glad it works for you :)

I've tried another USB cable and it still doesn't work. However if I connect my phone through the Recovery (5.0.2.0) mount USB menu, it works as it should.

Tried the default Windows drivers and the ZTE one too (ZTE Handset USB Driver 5.2066.1.11), but no change :(

Guest yosefr99

Hi

I installed this rom on a china Unicom zte u v-880.It is working ok except the camera.

When trying to operate the camera I get a massage that the camera is not connected.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi emotty or any other

I intend to do "All-in-one TPT" as you, coming from Gen 1 JJ9

Did you have any problem with proximity sensor?

Does the dialer have answer phone key?

Thank you all

Guest compact101

Did you use the included "No frills CPU Control" to downclock the CPU when idle ? If not, you have not done everything to get best battery results. The best setup for me is so far: min freq 122, max freq 604, governor: smartassv2, scheduler: bfq

Try it if you haven't done already.

Being a newbie, how do I do this?

What are the Governor settings do?

Does smarasv2 set the CPU to slow only when idle?

Cheers

Guest PeaNut_HU

Being a newbie, how do I do this?

What are the Governor settings do?

Does smarasv2 set the CPU to slow only when idle?

Cheers

Just run the program, it's in your app drawer. You'll see the option there.

Of course, the program's purpose is to change the CPU speed of your phone regarding the current needs, so it does set the cpu to low on idle/sleep and faster if used by the running programs.

Guest compact101

Being a little slow here but what does the new Battery Bar look like?

I currently have the circular, count-down style clock version (rather nice).

Looking at the two screenshots I couldn't actually see what the bar would look like (unless it was hidden).

Is it just the stock barrery icon/bar but with different colouring?

Being a little slow here but what does the new Battery Bar look like?

It's that green line on the top of the screen, above the date/clock/etc. It's lenght shows the battery level, plus at 35% it will turn to yellow, and at 15% it will turn to red.

Took the plunge today using the All In One TPT method

No problem, thanks very much

I do not like circle battery mod.

Will installing M-MHMP-RLS7-No-Battery-Mod.zip remove the battery mod?

What's the best method to install this please?

Guest KonstaT

Took the plunge today using the All In One TPT method

No problem, thanks very much

I do not like circle battery mod.

Will installing M-MHMP-RLS7-No-Battery-Mod.zip remove the battery mod?

What's the best method to install this please?

Yep, that replaces the circle battery mod with the stock gingerbread battery icon.

Save M-MHMP-RLS7-No-Battery-Mod.zip to your sdcard. Hold volume down when you boot your phone and it'll boot into clockworkmod. Select install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> M-MHMP-RLS7-No-Battery-Mod.zip -> Reboot now.

So we don't need to wipe anything? we just reflash the original rom?

Also the ROM zip automatically wipes your dalvik cache so no wipes needed. So it's either that or restore nandroid backup, that you have made before you applied the battery bar, to revert.

Guest pardbeast

Hi, i'm new in this forum and i want to salute all of you. I've installed this ROM with no problem, but i'd like to know how to use the a2sd darktremor app, because i don't see in any place to be configured. Where is supposed to be the app to be configured?

Thank you.

Guest EazyDuz

Experiencing a new problem with this ROM. My data button/mobile internet toggle stops working. It is lit up now but doesnt work when i press it, and it isnt physically working either as the data inbound/outbound symbol isnt there.

Wasnt doing this when i first got the ROM, my old ROM seemed to decay over use as well and slow down. Any idea what could be the cause?

Experiencing a new problem with this ROM. My data button/mobile internet toggle stops working. It is lit up now but doesnt work when i press it, and it isnt physically working either as the data inbound/outbound symbol isnt there.

Wasnt doing this when i first got the ROM, my old ROM seemed to decay over use as well and slow down. Any idea what could be the cause?

EazyDuz,

It sounds as though you have the same problem I reported on November 29th:

'Is there a problem with the Data Connection on/off toggle in the power control on the notification screen in RLS7? I can toggle e.g. GPS and WiFi on and off at will, but the data connection toggle doesn't work properly for me. I normally keep my data connection disabled until I need to use it; this is what I am seeing:

- boot phone, power control correctly shows data connection is off

- tap Data Connection in power control and data connection is enabled and power control correctly changes appearance to reflect this - so far, so good...

- tap Data Connection in power control again and data connection is disabled but power control appearance does not change to reflect this

- any further taps on Data Connection in the power control have no effect on either the state of the data connection or the appearance of the power control'

Unfortunately there was no solution - KonstaT said it worked OK for him. The workaround is to press and hold the data toggle until the settings screen appears, then set/clear the appropriate checkbox as required. I suspect there is a minor bug in the power control that leads it to get out of step with the actual data on/off setting.

Thank you!

I've used this for a few weeks now. This ROM has fixed all my battery issues on my Finnish Blade. After going out from Finnish Fillyjonk 2.1 to any rom (Jellyfish, CM7, Swedish 2.2, Finnish official Saunalahti 2.2 roms etc.) ,

I've had horrible battery life of only max. 24 hours, with barely minimum use without calls or data usage. I've tried everything I could imagine to achieve better batt.life, even a new battery which gave me an extra hour or so.

Just to sum up results: Today, when I put my phone to charger running this, it had been 60 hours without charger, and at 25%. I don't know what has changed, but I have used SmartassV2 governor with this rom with these results. Just WOW! This rom saved my blade from a hammer wink.gif

Using All-in-one TPT image with a Fin-Blade Gen1-phone.

Have not found any issues at all. Thank you KonstaT, I salute you!

Guest Andrew1964

Finally took the plunge and installed my first rom on my Gen 1 OLED San Francisco using the TPT method.

Only found a couple of issues,

Sometimes after making a call the screen remains off and I have to pull out the battery.

Any ideas, is it a problem with the proximity calibration? It doesn't happen all the time though.

When playing videos in the ESPN goals app, I get an error dialog saying 'Sorry, video cannot be played'. However behind the dialog the video is playing fine. This was ok in the stock ROM.

Any ideas?

Thanks for great job in making this ROM available.