[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest DarkCrono

In Configurations> ROM Settings > ZTE Emode Helper > Chiper Test (chip info)..

Atheros AR_6002 it's real?

Thanks.

Same one here, but updated kernel from KonstaT doesn't work for me...

It fails to load wifi

----------------------

A little off topic question:

@KonstaT do you know how to chance manually in a xml, maybe, the option to show only contacts with phone numbers in contacts configuration?

I try to open the "display options", but it still loading forever, so I can't change the option by the normal method.

Edited by DarkCrono

Yep, had to flash it again. But the Music App keeps giving me FCs when I select some musics.

Is there any good music player around? I've heard good things about the CM7 Music App. Can I just copy the *.apk and install it right on mine?

You can do that, I keep it in the system/app folder and it works fine.

Guest KonstaT

No one is going to believe me anyway if I say that this is going to be the final release. ;) I'm pretty pleased with this one though. Added new screenshot to the first post. Quite a few add-ons updated, others just renamed.

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS9.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?8rw8bc4j3qt8z4o (mirror)

MD5:049B8B7D3905B2AE376C78CF802D8F59

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS9-TPT.zip (see TPT installation instructions in the first post)

http://www.mediafire.com/?24t5jn3y5q4l2z2

MD5:85D60535C68F82A99754D1B3D2E75162

RLS9 changelog:

-various tweaks to ROM settings

-new color picker for MIUI battery bar

-fixed brightness options in widget buttons menu

-translated 'ROM settings' to supported languages (just the settings menu item, not the whole menu ;))

-added USB Charging Commander (thanks to t0mm13b)

-added screenshot to power menu (thanks to Ceco for porting it to skate)

-removed ZTE Emode Helper

-updated Search and Streetview

-few other smaller tweaks

Vanilla version:

Same as above, except:

-no circle battery mod

-no notification power widget

-no miui battery bar

-no extra settings embedded into settings menu

-no power menu options

-no transparent notification area

-no CRT screen off animation

-default wallpaper

-zte alarm instead of deskclock (displays next alarm in lockscreen)

-zte emode helper

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS9-Vanilla.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?z8t8aump59r0bce

MD5:6C671E7C193D216E138926318DB55EC3

Battery Mods:

-M-MHMP-RLS9-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip (center clock, removes battery icon, rearranges statusbar icons - looks nice with the MIUI battery bar)

http://www.mediafire.com/?bx4vd9bcacv0rvk

MD5:FB9FF7CC93163191111C0A574ACB8ADF

-M-MHMP-RLS9-Stock-Battery-Icon.zip (stock gingerbread battery icon, keeps notification power widget and power menu options)

http://www.mediafire.com/?yb7xfr15yv41p5b

MD5:7F8C35C046AB2AC24567FF1D33AD859C

Optional kernels:

-M-MHMP-RLS9-Undervolt-Kernel-Gen2.zip (thanks to wbaw and burstlam, source)

http://www.mediafire.com/?fdieke4sgtir4n9

MD5:30082A193E6483C5473D58385E83EC90

-M-MHMP-RLS9-Swedish-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip (latest stock kernel with wifi driver)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ob7we5f7e9swp6b

MD5:CEC036E5DE02EB408EBE18757B81FD82

-M-MHMP-RLS9-Malaysian-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip (stock kernel with wifi driver)

http://www.mediafire.com/?5sa8w7suim1hb1j

MD5:B442394AD8864EAD01F240345B99CCA9

Guest davidnintendo

RLS9 changelog:

-translated 'ROM settings' to supported languages (just the settings menu item, not the whole menu ;))

If you ever need someone to translate something into Spanish, I'd be glad to help!

Guest daniel3ub

No one is going to believe me anyway if I say that this is going to be the final release. ;) I'm pretty pleased with this one though. Added new screenshot to the first post. Quite a few add-ons updated, others just renamed.

Thanks a lot for your work, KonstaT.

Is there a way to flash RLS9 over RLS8 and keep my current settings and apps? (well, I can dream, right?)

Thanks!

Guest daniel3ub

Ok then. This is for testing purposes only!

Complete source can by found on my github. wbaw's undervolting bits are included.

Can I revert to my previous kernel if something goes wrong or I just have to reflash the entire ROM?

Thanks!

Guest KonstaT

Yep, had to flash it again. But the Music App keeps giving me FCs when I select some musics.

Is there any good music player around? I've heard good things about the CM7 Music App. Can I just copy the *.apk and install it right on mine?

CM7 music app is already included in this ROM. This doesn't seem to be common problem. Make sure that you don't use any strange codecs in your music files. Also make sure that your sdcard isn't corrupted (might be even worth formatting sdcard).

I was using cat log and it does not appear to work on this rom. Removed and re downloaded from market but it just shows a circle as in its loading the logs but doesn't load them. Can someone confirm or recommend one that does work please.

Regarding Google search market update issues, I had this issue too but reading the market comments, the updated search bar apparently has issues anyway so may not be advisable to update.

I've used aLogcat. Most of the times I use 'adb logcat' though.

Same one here, but updated kernel from KonstaT doesn't work for me...

It fails to load wifi

@KonstaT do you know how to chance manually in a xml, maybe, the option to show only contacts with phone numbers in contacts configuration?

I try to open the "display options", but it still loading forever, so I can't change the option by the normal method.

The problem was actually with the wifi driver. Malaysian and Swedish stock kernels need different wifi driver. You installed my custom kernel after you had installed burslam's zip which had already replaced the driver. Install RLS9 and undervolted kernel and you should have working camera and wifi in your chinese blade.

Setting 'contacts -> display options -> only contacts with phones' works ok for me. :o

Thanks a lot for your work, KonstaT.

Is there a way to flash RLS9 over RLS8 and keep my current settings and apps? (well, I can dream, right?)

Thanks!

You should be fine updating from RLS8 without any wipes (dalvik cache is automatically wiped).

Can I revert to my previous kernel if something goes wrong or I just have to reflash the entire ROM?

Thanks!

Just re-flash the ROM. No wipes needed so nothing will happen to your apps/settings.

Edited by KonstaT

Konsta,

Yesterday I've flashed rls8 uvkernel and today I've noticed there is "usb_bus_active" process on top of Kernel Wakelocks. Also, phone is awake for longer time than screen is active.

Now, battery is at 89% after 15 hrs, where 8 is solid sleep (overnight) and 7 is light usage (two short calls, few messages, 10 mins wifi).

===================

General Information

===================

BetterBatteryStats version: 1.4.2.0

Creation Date: 2012-01-14 14:47:16

Statistic Type: (0) Since Charged

Since 14 h 58 m 20 s 

VERSION.RELEASE: 2.3.5

BRAND: ZTE

DEVICE: blade

MANUFACTURER: ZTE

MODEL: ZTE-BLADE

===========

Other Usage

===========

Awake (): 34 m 26 s  (2066 s) Ratio: 3.8%

Screen On (): 22 m 5 s  (1325 s) Ratio: 2.5%

Phone On (): 6 m 3 s  (363 s) Ratio: 0.7%

Wifi On (): 5 m 36 s  (336 s) Ratio: 0.6%

=========

Wakelocks

=========

PhoneApp (Dialer): 4 m 52 s  (292 s) Count:11 0.5%

GSM (Dialer): 1 m 6 s  (66 s) Count:4 0.1%

ActivityManager-Launch (Android System): 60 s  (60 s) Count:153 0.1%

================

Kernel Wakelocks

================

"usb_bus_active" (): 2 h 54 m 30 s  (10470 s) Cnt:(c/wc/ec)1/0/0 16.2%

"PowerManagerService" (): 6 m 25 s  (385 s) Cnt:(c/wc/ec)692/0/0 0.6%

"taos" (): 5 m 2 s  (302 s) Cnt:(c/wc/ec)4/0/0 0.5%

What's interesting, I've noticed the same usb_bus_active kernel wakelock on top of the list while using latest CM (checkout my sig).  What do you think?

Edited by C!chy

Guest KonstaT

Konsta,

Yesterday I've flashed rls8 uvkernel and today I've noticed there is "usb_bus_active" process on top of Kernel Wakelocks. Also, phone is awake for longer time then screen is active.

Now, battery is at 89% after 15 hrs, where 8 is solid sleep (overnight) and 7 is light usage (two short calls, few messages, 10 mins wifi).

What's interesting, I've noticed the same usb_bus_active kernel wakelock on top of the list while using latest CM (checkout my sig).  What do you think?

No wonder since the undervolted kernel should be almost identical to the one burstlam used in his KANG (I've forked it from burstlam and added undervolting patch from wbaw). Even if there is a kernel wakelock it doesn't seem to cause battery drain, so I'm not that concerned. You might be better off asking this from burstlam though. He might even know something about these things unlike me. :P

just installed this rom. was wondering is there any way to remove the original battery icon and completely replace it with the battery bar like in the pictures posted.

thanks for any help

Guest Telltale

just installed this rom. was wondering is there any way to remove the original battery icon and completely replace it with the battery bar like in the pictures posted.

thanks for any help

Scroll down to 'Battery Mods' in the first post and use -M-MHMP-RLS9-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip

Guest daniel3ub

The problem was actually with the wifi driver. Malaysian and Swedish stock kernels need different wifi driver. You installed my custom kernel after you had installed burslam's zip which had already replaced the driver. Install RLS9 and undervolted kernel and you should have working camera and wifi in your chinese blade.

Setting 'contacts -> display options -> only contacts with phones' works ok for me. :o

Works like a charm here in my Chinese V-880 after RLS9 and the undervolt kernel. With RLS8+uvk my wifi was dead, too.

Now, wifi ok, camera ok, GPS ok, sensors ok. Only contacts with phone works ok, too.

Thanks a lot, KonstaT!

Guest TheBrainKafka

Thx. Rls9 works great. Just did clear Cache before update from 8. Same some days ago from 7

Are you planing upgrading this Rom to 3.6 Or 3.7.

Keepon good works konstat

No wonder since the undervolted kernel should be almost identical to the one burstlam used in his KANG (I've forked it from burstlam and added undervolting patch from wbaw). Even if there is a kernel wakelock it doesn't seem to cause battery drain, so I'm not that concerned. You might be better off asking this from burstlam though. He might even know something about these things unlike me. :P

I see... that makes sense now. B)

I might ask burstlam, but he is rarely answering questions, especially such insignificant ;) ones... unlike you. :P

Is this rom better in 3D gaming, than CM7? It is the first time, i'm trying it, and I hope it is faster in every way, because CM7 is laggy with all of my build prop patches too.

Guest daniel3ub

Everything working smooth here in my Chinese ZTE V-880... except the Flickr app. It was used to worked before I flashed Moldovan.

The app works ok, but when I try to upload a pic to Flickr, it hangs up on the "processing" stage or on the sending itself and never finishes. The Flickr notification icon stays there, doing nothing.

What can be wrong, guys?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi!

I am on rls6 and i was wondering if you can tell me how to update to rls9.

I have an oled Gen1 blade, with an old clockworkmod flashed.

Can someone tell me step by step how to update to the new release?

Cache deleting, which zip to download, etc

Thank you very much, sorry for my english.