[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

just flashed it looks very smooth and fast. few questions on cm7.1 i had good battery life do i need to do battery calibration now on this rom to get better battery life with it? I noticed that the longer u use the same rom the better battery life u get, like android learns how u use ur phone and use ur power whisly :D btw maybe more transperant natofication bar themes ? now find just one :>

Edited by mk89

Guest Maxsas360

just flashed it looks very smooth and fast. few questions on cm7.1 i had good battery life do i need to do battery calibration now on this rom to get better battery life with it? I noticed that the longer u use the same rom the better battery life u get, like android learns how u use ur phone and use ur power whisly :D btw maybe more transperant natofication bar themes ? now find just one :>

Android learns how your battery discharges and measures it's level more precisely. Calibration boosts the speed of learning by deleting dummy battery stats and making Android generate them by itself. Use Battery Calibration app and it's instructions and recommendations.

Edited by Maxsas360

Guest rwalton159

Which one are you using please?

I'm still on Blue Ginger and will change if its worth it.

Thank you

It looks like I will have a few free hours today to play with my Blade, going to try RLS9. I would like to use it with the ZTE Dialer, the CenterClock-NoBattery mod plus the undervolted kernel too.

Is there some way to put these into the Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS9.zip file?

If I copy the 3 apk files from the ZTE Dialer zip and also from the CenterClock (app+framework) into the RLS9 zip, will it work? I think it should work, but I'm unsure about the undervolted kernel update. Is it ok to rename the boot.img to boot-gen2.img and then copy it to RLS9.zip?

Guest KonstaT

It looks like I will have a few free hours today to play with my Blade, going to try RLS9. I would like to use it with the ZTE Dialer, the CenterClock-NoBattery mod plus the undervolted kernel too.

Is there some way to put these into the Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS9.zip file?

If I copy the 3 apk files from the ZTE Dialer zip and also from the CenterClock (app+framework) into the RLS9 zip, will it work? I think it should work, but I'm unsure about the undervolted kernel update. Is it ok to rename the boot.img to boot-gen2.img and then copy it to RLS9.zip?

That should work. Or just boot into clockworkmod and install RLS9 + those three add-ons at one go. That's easier if you ask me...

I'm on 8 now, thinking of going to 9, but is the undervolt kernel now standard in 9?

In my opinion this kernel is far better than the standard one, much longer batterylife....

Or can you give us this kernel also for 9?

Nevermind, checking the 1st post and see this kernel is mentioned. Flashing right now!

Edited by grox

Great ROM, very smooth on my brand new Blade (bought it yesterday). However, On the stock 2.2 android my camera worked fine, but on every other custom ROM (tried CM7 as well) the camera doesn't work anymore. I get the message 'Can't connect to camera device'). Looks like my phone has got the new camera chipset or something, I can't get it to work anymore...

Besides that very nice and smooth ROM, with phone on standby approx 2% drain per 12 hours, very nice.

Guest Cristian Gohl

Hello, I'm RLS8, to update, I perform the same procedure as before?

Reboot into recovery mode, and just intall from SD? I need wipe?

Thanks.

Guest ChipZ16

Hello, I'm RLS8, to update, I perform the same procedure as before?

Reboot into recovery mode, and just intall from SD? I need wipe?

Thanks.

Answered on previous page, no wipe needed.

Guest malfare

No one is going to believe me anyway if I say that this is going to be the final release. ;) I'm pretty pleased with this one though. Added new screenshot to the first post. Quite a few add-ons updated, others just renamed.

RLS9 changelog:

-removed ZTE Emode Helper

Why did you remove ZTE Emode Helper?

Is the only way, to get its functions back, the installation of the ZTE dialer with a full wipe?

Regards

Manfred

Guest KonstaT

Great ROM, very smooth on my brand new Blade (bought it yesterday). However, On the stock 2.2 android my camera worked fine, but on every other custom ROM (tried CM7 as well) the camera doesn't work anymore. I get the message 'Can't connect to camera device'). Looks like my phone has got the new camera chipset or something, I can't get it to work anymore...

Besides that very nice and smooth ROM, with phone on standby approx 2% drain per 12 hours, very nice.

Try installing the undervolted kernel. It's compiled from slightly newer source and should have support for that camera sensor.

You can also try installing one of the stock kernel. Installing a stock kernel also replaces wifi driver. If you want to go back to using custom kernel, you need to reflash the ROM zip to get the old wifi driver back first.

Can I flash this under volt kernel if I'm on cm7 or any other rom than mmhmp?

It won't work with CyanogenMod.

Why did you remove ZTE Emode Helper?

Is the only way, to get its functions back, the installation of the ZTE dialer with a full wipe?

Regards

Manfred

It was only inluded because it was easy to use for calibrating proximity sensor. I made calibrating proximity much easier by putting it directly into 'ROM settings' menu.

You can still install it as a normal app if you like. There is a link to it's original thread in the first post.

Guest malfare

It was only inluded because it was easy to use for calibrating proximity sensor. I made calibrating proximity much easier by putting it directly into 'ROM settings' menu.

You can still install it as a normal app if you like. There is a link to it's original thread in the first post.

I'll try.

BTW: It is still mentioned as a feature on page 1 of this thread.

Regards

Manfred

Guest KonstaT

I'll try.

BTW: It is still mentioned as a feature on page 1 of this thread.

Regards

Manfred

Well, it is still included in the vanilla version.

Edited the first post from your request. :P

Guest Shahmatt

Thank you for this. Beautiful ROM actually. Smooth and looks rock solid. I see similarities with the venerable Gingerbread Stir-fry (wbaw) which I used for a long while. That ROM had good design. Yours looks very nice too!

May I know what the "Hide on Change" option does under ROM settings?

Also, what CPU governor and I/O method would you recommend? I've historically used Smartass V2/noop. I see this ROM has the additional options: lagfree, minimax and SavageZen, which I am only now coming across for the first time.

Updated to undervolted kernel. Camera shows picture upside down, and when trying to take a picture it gives an error 'app Camera(proces com.android.camera) stopped unexpectadly.

I'm going to try using the official kernel, I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: nope, only in undervolted kernel the camera works partially. But since I can't get wifi to work in undervolt kernel I just use a different one for the time being, hopefully it gets fixed later on...

Edited by EcoR18

I came from RLS7 and later fish and chips.

I love RLS9 and ROM setings menu!!!

I also have same issue in both ROMS, I wan use timeriffic to disable 3g data at night and re-enable at morning.

Timeriffic+apndroid can disable, but don't enable data at morning.

Someone have same issue?

I make a full data+dalvik wipe, and format /cache /data /sd-ext

Thanks for RLS9.

Guest rwalton159

No idea what I am doing wrong but I cant get this to install.

Formatted sdcard - extracted files to it - booted up phone with volume up & menu button pressed - just get green android with no text

Can anyone help please?

I've previously upgraded to Gen 2 and Blue Ginger with no issues

Edited by rwalton159

Guest daniel3ub

No idea what I am doing wrong but I cant get this to install.

Formatted sdcard - extracted files to it - booted up phone with volume up & menu button pressed - just get green android with no text

Can anyone help please?

I've previously upgraded to Gen 2 and Blue Ginger with no issues

Follow this guides, step by step, but instead of using the Swedish Spring ROM, use this. Easy as pie :)

22/May [GUIDE] How to Install a Custom ROM on the ZTE Blade [GEN1] or this:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...or-gen2-device/

Guest Telltale

Is anyone else having an issue with calibrating the proximity sensor? When I click 'calib' it still says "X: Stop fail". Am I doing something wrong?

Also what are the benefits and disadvantages of the under volt kernel? How much does it actually increase battery life?

Cheers for any help

Guest Carlcass

Hello, fantastic smooth rom.

I'm just wondering if there's any way of customizing the launcher?

What I mean by that is settings for how many home screens you have etc.

Thanks