[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest taannuk

• Turn the phone off
  • Turn it on while holding volume-
  • ClockworkMod Recovery will be loaded then.
  • Use volume button to go to ‘advanced’.
  • Then press home button.
  • Select ‘Partition SD Card’.
  • Select the EXT size that you want (128M, 256M, 512M, 1024M, 2048M or 4096M).
  • Select 0M as the Swap Size.
  • That’s all.

Thank you! I did exactly the same apart from the Swap Size...

But what about the programme to move applications to EXT on SD? Do I need to download any from the Market like Link2SD or RLS9 has it integrated?

Thank you!

Guest DarkCrono

Thank you! I did exactly the same apart from the Swap Size...

But what about the programme to move applications to EXT on SD? Do I need to download any from the Market like Link2SD or RLS9 has it integrated?

Thank you!

Open your terminal emulator

type su then press ENTER

You will gain root access level.

Now type a2sd reinstall

If you get any error, report here.

Guest radko92

Hi guys. Yesterday i've installed undervolted kernel, but there is no difference when i go to settings/ about phone. The kernel version has no changed. I calibrated the battery too, but i don't feel such a difference my battery is 86% since 12h.

Edited by radko92

Guest tkelly0727

i'm having a problem with the screen.

everything is smooth and fast. only then i put the phone to sleep it would come back one with out touching anything.

any suggestion

Guest Maxsas360

Hi guys. Yesterday i installed undervolted kernel, but there is no difference when i go to settings/ about phone. The kernel version has no changed. I calibrated the battery too, but i don't feel such a difference my battery is 86% since 12h.

The name does not change and you cannot judge the battery after 12hrs of calibration and do the full battery cycle after calibration. First check if your min cpu freq is 120mhz. And it's effective on standby time not active time.

Guest KonstaT

Hi guys. Yesterday i've installed undervolted kernel, but there is no difference when i go to settings/ about phone. The kernel version has no changed. I calibrated the battery too, but i don't feel such a difference my battery is 86% since 12h.

There is no real info about kernel in settings/about phone. You have to use some system info app to get that info or just run 'uname -a' in terminal. Undervolt kernel was built Jan 10th.

Guest haxxbaxx

my phone seems to be going into airplane mode sometimes when I aint used it for a while, i have the undervolt kernal installed and 122mhz underclock, any ideas?

Guest taannuk

type su then press ENTER

Now type a2sd reinstall

Thank you!

I did this - "su" ENTER -> "a2sd reinstall" ENTER and the phone rebooted.

When I open MENU -> SETTINGS -> APPLICATIONS -> MANAGE APPLICATIONS -> ON SD CARD then I can see on tapping an application in the list that there is an option to MOVE TO SD active, i.e. I still can move applications to SD card. Do I need to move them manually choosing this option? Or are they already on SD card and I do not to do anything?

Sorry, I am confused as previously I did not have my SD card partitioned and my applications were moved to SD on installation by App2SD Enabler programme or the way described above - from the application manager.

Could you kindly advise?

Thank you!

Guest KonstaT

I did this - "su" ENTER -> "a2sd reinstall" ENTER and the phone rebooted.

When I open MENU -> SETTINGS -> APPLICATIONS -> MANAGE APPLICATIONS -> ON SD CARD then I can see on tapping an application in the list that there is an option to MOVE TO SD active, i.e. I still can move applications to SD card. Do I need to move them manually choosing this option? Or are they already on SD card and I do not to do anything?

Sorry, I am confused as previously I did not have my SD card partitioned and my applications were moved to SD on installation by App2SD Enabler programme or the way described above - from the application manager.

It should be working now. Dt a2sd works in all or nothing principle and now all of your user apps should be now in your sd-ext. This is done with couple of simple symlinks between phones internal memory and sdcard. There are many ways to confirm this, e.g. simply browse to /system/sd and it should include your apps. Use 'df -h' in terminal to see how much of your partition is being used.

Android's native apps2sd is different. If you select 'move to sdcard' from android settings, they are moved to FAT partition in your sdcard into folder /.android_secure. Now that you are using a2sd, keep apps your apps in phones memory instead. Then they are symlinked to your EXT partition.

Guest taannuk

It should be working now. Dt a2sd works in all or nothing principle and now all of your user apps should be now in your sd-ext. This is done with couple of simple symlinks between phones internal memory and sdcard. There are many ways to confirm this, e.g. simply browse to /system/sd and it should include your apps. Use 'df -h' in terminal to see how much of your partition is being used.

Android's native apps2sd is different. If you select 'move to sdcard' from android settings, they are moved to FAT partition in your sdcard into folder /.android_secure. Now that you are using a2sd, keep apps your apps in phones memory instead. Then they are symlinked to your EXT partition.

Thank you KonstaT for your kind reply and great work!!!

So I do not need to use programme Link2sd? And nothing to worry about - just leave as it is and install programmes?

If I restore programmes from Titanium back up from my previous JJ9 ROM, do I need to do anything or just re-install Apps+Data and enjoy?

Thank you!!!

Guest KonstaT

Thank you KonstaT for your kind reply and great work!!!

So I do not need to use programme Link2sd? And nothing to worry about - just leave as it is and install programmes?

If I restore programmes from Titanium back up from my previous JJ9 ROM, do I need to do anything or just re-install Apps+Data and enjoy?

Thank you!!!

No apps needed. There is 'dt a2sd gui' (or something like that) in the market to do what you already did in the terminal. ;)

Btw, you should also see 'SD card (a2sd)' bar in the starting screen on Titanium Backup to show how much space you've used of your sd-ext. Remember that you can only restore your user apps+data. Never restore system apps or settings with titanium.

Guest eirlysbill1

No apps needed. There is 'dt a2sd gui' (or something like that) in the market to do what you already did in the terminal. ;)

Btw, you should also see 'SD card (a2sd)' bar in the starting screen on Titanium Backup to show how much space you've used of your sd-ext. Remember that you can only restore your user apps+data. Never restore system apps or settings with titanium.

Hi,

I have been following this discussion with taannuk regarding the ext partition on the SD card. Its something I always wanted to do, but hadn't tried before. So, I gave it a go, and I'm sure I understood it all, and I'm pretty sure I made the partition and reinstalled a2sd in the terminal window.

But, I think I made a fundamental error. I didn't back up the apps on the card before hand. I reckon that wasn't mentioned in this discussion cause taannuk was changing roms, which I assume means he was wiping everything anyway.

The result is that I can see the Icons (shortcuts) to my apps (that were on the SD card) but when I try to open them I get a message that says they aren't installed.

I'm guessing that I have wiped the card, by repartitioning it? Is the only way back for me to go to the Market and reinstall all these apps? (what does that mean for the paid ones?)

Or, is there something simple that I haven't done yet?

Thanks

Edited by eirlysbill1

type su then press ENTER

Now type a2sd reinstall

When i did this, the terminal emulator says: SD CARD not mounted, cannot reinstall applications to SD card.

What to do now?

Guest eirlysbill1

When i did this, the terminal emulator says: SD CARD not mounted, cannot reinstall applications to SD card.

What to do now?

That happened to me as well, and assumed that it meant that there was no ext partition to mount, as it wasn't made yet.

BUT, don't do what I did. Best to wait until some replies to either your post or mine, before you move forward.

Guest taannuk

Hi,

I have been following this discussion with taannuk regarding the ext partition on the SD card.

I'm guessing that I have wiped the card, by repartitioning it? Is the only way back for me to go to the Market and reinstall all these apps? (what does that mean for the paid ones?)

Or, is there something simple that I haven't done yet?

Thanks

Correct, repartitioning erases all information/data from SD Card (I experienced this), therefore backup on PC had been a must!

I guess you can install them from the Market if not saved in Titanium outside the SD Card repartitioned.

As for the paid applications, I can only guess all should be OK as long as you use the same google account as the one you initially installed and paid. But I did not try that myself - only theory :-)

Guest eirlysbill1

Correct, repartitioning erases all information/data from SD Card (I experienced this), therefore backup on PC had been a must!

I guess you can install them from the Market if not saved in Titanium outside the SD Card repartitioned.

As for the paid applications, I can only guess all should be OK as long as you use the same google account as the one you initially installed and paid. But I did not try that myself - only theory :-)

Thanks, mate. Stupido, no?

I was in a hurry and I plumb forgot that, until it was taking so long to repartition, then it hit me.

I'm wondering if I should just load KonstaT's new rom now, SS RLS1, since I have to reload all my apps. Do you, or anyone else know how to backup the goggle calendar entries. I know how to back up contacts, but not that.

Cheers

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest taannuk

Do you, or anyone else know how to backup the goggle calendar entries. I know how to back up contacts, but not that.

Cheers

I definitely have seen this in one of the ROMS. Should be an option to back up / synchronize calendar options as well. But I guess you need to upload / back up first to your Google account...

Guest gredawarha

KonstaT

Thank you for this ROM it's wonderful. I am on RLS7 and I am really happy with it but I am wondering if the undervolt kernel would make my battery life even better than it is?

My question is three fold. Is the undervolt kernel worth installing (will it really improve the battery much?)? If I install will it cause any side effects? And do I flash a kernel the same way as I flashed the ROM when installing RLS7?

Apologies if the anwer to my questions are elsewhere, I did look but did not get the answer I was after.

Thank you kindly.

Guest Maxsas360

I'm on RLS7 at the moment, is it possible go to go RLS9 directly?

Yes. Do a full wipe and flash the Rls9 or Swedish Snow. Swedish Snow is like MMHP Rls10. Well actually Swedish Snow started where MMHP left and MMHP is discontinued.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!

I am trying this one having been using a recent CM7 Kang for a couple of weeks. In Clockwork I have wiped Dalvik and cache, selected factory reset, then formatted system, cache, data and boot. I then installed just the Moldovan ROM (the full one, not the vanilla one).

On first boot I go through the usual logging into Google account and selecting various preferences about location and what-have-you. The desktop screen is the one I would expect from the screenshots on the original post and the icons are too. When I open the app drawer, though, it asks whether I want to use the stock launcher or Launcher Pro (!!??) In the app drawer itself are many of the user apps I installed in CM7. MMHMP appears to be restoring them either at installation or on first boot and I don't know how it is happening. The data is clearly on the SD card from my Nandroid backup of CM7 and from my various backups with Titanium, but how/why are these being installed in the new ROM by default?

Is there a step I have missed out when wiping, or am I going to have to shift everything off my SD card while I install again?

I wish to try to ensure a bug-free installation [as far as possible] by removing all remnants of my CM7 installation.

Can anybody advise?

Edited by Konstipated Kiwi

Guest thewild

Do you, or anyone else know how to backup the goggle calendar entries. I know how to back up contacts, but not that.

Note sure, but I believe MyPhoneExplorer would do that.

I used it to backup my Sony Ericsson dumphone, and the new versions work for Android.