zte skate (orange monte carlo)

Guest russ80

Guest philmein

Yes!!! I have clockwork as well :)

Just a couple of idiot questions about flashing a ROM......

When I explore my phone with it connected to the PC, I can't see the SD card anywhere, so how do I direst the ROM to the card?

When I do the wipe in clockwork, will this delete the photos on my SD card, and my contacts?

Thanks,

Steve

point 1 take the card out and use a usb reader

point 2 when you wipe you do not loose the contents of your sd card

Guest mustang41

Just tried that and still the same.

I've got USB storage in use,clicked on "removable disc D". . . .opened it and got a list starting with .android_secure . . . would it be called SD card or something else?

Funny thing is that ringtones and photo's on the card are showing in other folders??

Guest mustang41

Sorry to sound really stupid but does that mean I just send the ROM to "Removable Disc D" ??

Can't see a folder saying clockwork. . ..but when i turn on with volume down it boots into clockwork so its on there.

Philmein. . .do you mean I need a USB reader to flash a ROM?????:blink:

Guest wrtease

so youacess clockwork.all you need to do is copy the rom to your sdcard,a card reader will allow you to add the rom to your sdcard then put it back in your mobile then access clockwork.

Guest philmein

Sorry to sound really stupid but does that mean I just send the ROM to "Removable Disc D" ??

Can't see a folder saying clockwork. . ..but when i turn on with volume down it boots into clockwork so its on there.

Philmein. . .do you mean I need a USB reader to flash a ROM?????:blink:

just put the rom to the root of your sd card use a usb reader or through your phone

Guest TouchyAndalou

Yeah, if I'm understanding you correctly, what you've got open is the contents of your SD card. It should have several different folders and files there. All you need to do now is download a custom rom, like Tillaz's Blue Monte, and drag the zip file you downloaded into your SD card directory (not in any specific folder, just drop it in) The zip should then show up there (size-wise, it'll be in excess of 100 MBs)

Disconnect your phone from the computer and making sure that your battery is fully charged either turn the power off or just pull out the battery.

Power on by holding the power button and the volume down button at the same time, and release when your phone vibrates for the second time. You should enter clockwork. If you don't, let it load normally, power off and try again.

Once in clockwork, using the volume up and down keys, navigate to advanced and select it with the home button. Navigate to wipe davlik cache, select it and confirm. Now back out using the back button.

Navigate to wipe data/factory reset and confirm. Do the same for wipe cache partition.

Now you're ready to install your rom. Scroll to install zip from SD card and then click on choose zip from SD card. Scroll to the zip you downloaded and select. It should take up to a minute to flash. Once it's done, back out to the main clockwork menu and select reboot system now.

Your first boot can take up to 5 minutes, so don't panic if you think you're stuck on the green android man or something. Once your new rom loads, it can be a bit choppy/laggy until after your first reboot. Have fun.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Guest mustang41

Thank you both for trying to help. . . .I really appreciate it.

I'm afraid I'm confused now... do i need to buy a USB card reader to do this or not?

If not, when you say put the ROM on the root of the SD card, do you mean send it to "Removable Disc D" or is there something else to do??

Sorry to be so dense about this ! :unsure:

Guest TouchyAndalou

Thank you both for trying to help. . . .I really appreciate it.

I'm afraid I'm confused now... do i need to buy a USB card reader to do this or not?

If not, when you say put the ROM on the root of the SD card, do you mean send it to "Removable Disc D" or is there something else to do??

Sorry to be so dense about this ! :unsure:

No problem, we've all been there. :)

Connect your phone to your computer via the USB.

Pull your status bar down and select "USB connected - select to copy blah blah" Turn on USB storage.

Removable disk D or something similar pops up on your computer and you then want to select "open folder to view files".

That directory that opens is the root of your SD card. It'll have folders called DCIM, .android_secure, and several others. That's where you have to drag your rom zip file (not in any specific folder, just in that general directory)

Good luck, mate.

Edited by TouchyAndalou