[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest alert_bri

Thanks to Azurren above, for advice on calibrating battery... Although my understanding is that the utility deletes the previous battery data on each calibration - so not sure how the 'rinse, repeat' will help?

Anyhow, very happy now... Everything still seems to be running rock solid and will report back on battery life now mine is calibrate

Cheers

Brian

Guest mellojoe

### Feature Request - minor ###

One feature I would like to have at some point is a "Restart" or a "Reboot" option in the menu. Currently, long-pressing the power button gives three options 1) Silent Mode 2) Airplane Mode 3) Power Off. I would love to see a 4th added 4) Restart.

Just a thought.

Thanks for these AMAZING builds, you guys. Just brilliant work.

Is anyone having trouble going back to stock? When I try to do it just gets stuck on dell logo and i tried multiple stock releases. I have done everything as before and that is transfer the update.pkg to sd card flash appropriate stock recovery and flash it. However, it would go through the process and after it's done it would just be stuck at dell logo. Any pointers? Thanks

Guest Azurren

Thanks to Azurren above, for advice on calibrating battery... Although my understanding is that the utility deletes the previous battery data on each calibration - so not sure how the 'rinse, repeat' will help?

Anyhow, very happy now... Everything still seems to be running rock solid and will report back on battery life now mine is calibrate

Cheers

Brian

Most phones use a better method (Charge phone to full, turn off-charge phone to full, turn on/off again charge phone to full)

However the streak uses the same "battstatt" for both off and on charging. (So if it thinks its full you can't "trick" it by turning it on / off). Most other phones use voltage / capacity to check if the battery is full while charging (off).

Afaik.. Could have got the reasoning all wrong but this is the correct method for the streak ;)

So rinse and repeat just helps to boost it up to as-near full as possible.. Not ideal, I know, but really helps

Guest Azurren

Is anyone having trouble going back to stock? When I try to do it just gets stuck on dell logo and i tried multiple stock releases. I have done everything as before and that is transfer the update.pkg to sd card flash appropriate stock recovery and flash it. However, it would go through the process and after it's done it would just be stuck at dell logo. Any pointers? Thanks

Is/was your streak networked locked / branded?

Which rom are you trying to use?

Are you using the correct recovery image for your rom?

You need the recovery image for the firmware you are on not the firmware you are going to. Example: 254 rom needs 254 recovery flashed to update to 360 (Which it also updates the recovery)

Are you using a rebel sim / similar sim "unlock" tool?

Guest khoacoi

You need the recovery image for the firmware you are on not the firmware you are going to. Example: 254 rom needs 254 recovery flashed to update to 360 (Which it also updates the recovery)

Hi Azurren,

I'm facing the same issue with him, My streak stuck at Dell logo after installing stock rom.

My streak was pre-installed with Froyo 2.2.2 build 345 or 351, I guess, sorry I cant remember.

It's a unlock phone.

I've tried with some stock room, but unluckily I cannot.

Below are my steps to install a stock rom:

1. Flash stock-recovery,

2. Install update.pkg file

(recovery should match with update number, ex: flash recovery 351 to flash build 351, flash recovery 360 before installing build 360.)

Thanks,

Edited by khoacoi

well I was trying to update to 360, 354 and couple of others. coming from this rom with streak mod recovery but before i flashed the update.pkg i would flash appropriate recovery for example, i flashed 360 recovery then flashed the 360 update.pkg. It is an at&t locked dell streak and i am using it on at&t so no sim unlocking.

Thanks

Guest Azurren

Imo if your having trouble flashing a stock rom then chances are you'll get trouble with any other rom..

Perhaps its time to breakout the QDL tool? ;)

Edit: Note that after flashing the rom the streak will reboot and display a clockwork-esk screen while it processes the update, then will display a fastboot-esk screen and factory reset then it should boot.

Are you getting any of these steps?

Edited by Azurren

Guest khoacoi

Imo if your having trouble flashing a stock rom then chances are you'll get trouble with any other rom..

Perhaps its time to breakout the QDL tool? ;)

Edit: Note that after flashing the rom the streak will reboot and display a clockwork-esk screen while it processes the update, then will display a fastboot-esk screen and factory reset then it should boot.

Are you getting any of these steps?

Yes, I can install custom rom normally. I haven't tried with QDL tool yet.

After flashing the rom my streak will reboot and display Dell logo and it will be stuck in there forever :)

Guest not relevant

Thanks Steve + Fards for this ROM! I've been running it for about a day and stability and battery life seems pretty good. However,

I've have experienced a few issues:

- I've just had a random shutdown. I suspect this could be WiFi related because I'd just turned WiFi on to use Spotify + phone had been running continuously for approx 28 hours prior to that with WiFi off (including using Spotify over 3G)

- There's something weird about the browser's user agent - sites don't recognize it as mobile/Android, including Google Docs, which complains it's an 'unsupported browser'.

- Market occasionally Force Closes (not sure if this is actually specific to this ROM - latest Market is pretty flaky...)

- Some stuff seems to be missing from Market that I've previously purchased while running stock 351 (e.g. EA Tetris). What is the device fingerprint for this ROM?

Guest Matt Bernius

### Upgrade Question ###

Some questions on moving from older 2.4 to newer 2.4:

1. Do I have to go all the way back to stock?

2. If not, can I flash over the top with a Dalvik wipe?

3. Or do I flash over the top, Dalvik wipe, AND Factory Reset from the Recovery (not StreakMod) menu?

Thanks in advance...

Guest Azurren

### Upgrade Question ###

3. Or do I flash over the top, Dalvik wipe, AND Factory Reset from the Recovery (not StreakMod) menu?

Thanks in advance...

I honestly think you could install it over the current rom without any issues ;)

If you do get issues you may need to wipe the dalvik cache

Guest Papi-jj
### Upgrade Question ###

Thanks in advance...

I installed right over 2.4 to 2.4 without any issues. I only did a wipe dalvic cache.

Guest Matt Bernius

I installed right over 2.4 to 2.4 without any issues. I only did a wipe dalvic cache.

That's what I found too.

For the ROM's Wiki page I included clearing the caches as part of the procedure just to be on the safeside.

Installed this ROM this weekend and it is running great. Much more stable than even stock was for me.

Besides the wifi bug, there is only one other issue I have. Is there a permanent way to change the user agent string? It is currently set to identify the streak as a tablet instead of a phone. (current UA string does not include the word "mobile") For most web pages this isn't a big deal, just means I see the desktop version. I do like the Google mobile sites such as the image search much better though. In addition, the Market is configured differently for tablets and phones. My market is upgraded to 3.1.3 and the My Apps page is almost useless due to the tablet configuration because it is designed for 7-10" screens.

I had been hoping that I could change it in build.prop, but I think it is actually coded in one of the apk files. Mainly want this for the Market since I can modify the UA String in the browser for the current session (or perm if using Dolphin).

If anyone knows how to make this change, it would be appreciated.

Guest alert_bri

I did have a problem with the last fards build regarding wifi losing connection, but with this version and sleep policy set to screen on... no issues so far.

Try different sleep policy in advanced options from the wifi section.

Brian

Guest jitin sharma

I think now is this build cant take loads . like wen ever i go a thing like games and all the phone just restart. Thats whats causing my random reboots.

(the flashing this build was correctly done, so no problem with that)

I am not complaining, just reporting answer to my posts regardinng reboots. Hoping that it will be resolved in next update

Guest Mirrdhyn

Ok, I unblocked my Streak using the streak flash tool :)

Thank you very much Steve ;)

Now, I am running this latest version on, and my Streak is running well (without any random reboot for the moment).

But, I am wondering how to change the language in the parameter to use my maternal language (in French, of course :) ).

Do you plan to add all languages support in your next build ?

Or do you have some tips to install my language ?

Because, I am not friendly with the QWERTY keyboard.

Another point, do you plan to add O/C Kernel feature (I guess 1,2GHz would be great) to add some smooth scrolling and smooth graphical effects ?

However, the boot screen is wonderful :)

Thank you in advance for your help, and thank you for this good release :)

Guest maxicet

Ok, I unblocked my Streak using the streak flash tool :)

Thank you very much Steve ;)

Now, I am running this latest version on, and my Streak is running well (without any random reboot for the moment).

But, I am wondering how to change the language in the parameter to use my maternal language (in French, of course :) ).

Do you plan to add all languages support in your next build ?

Or do you have some tips to install my language ?

Because, I am not friendly with the QWERTY keyboard.

Another point, do you plan to add O/C Kernel feature (I guess 1,2GHz would be great) to add some smooth scrolling and smooth graphical effects ?

However, the boot screen is wonderful :)

Thank you in advance for your help, and thank you for this good release :)

What you need is what I do B).... : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1304727

Simply flash over 2.4 and :

1 better way - DO A FACTORY RESET - or

2 fastest way - wipe cache partition and dalvik cache from streakmod recovery

3 enjoy

MULTILANGUAGE and other stuff : OK

OVERCLOCK : actually not, but works in progress

Edited by maxicet

I'm having trouble with my data connection. Has anyone else had this problem? I can nonnect ot wifi fine but when I get off wifi I loose my over the air data conection. The bars turn white instead of green. I followed the procedures to a tee. The data works fine right after I flash the rom....but if turn on wifi for a little while then when I turn it off I loose data and cant get it back....any help would be much apprciated.

Guest Mirrdhyn

What you need is what I do B).... : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1304727

Simply flash over 2.4 and :

1 better way - DO A FACTORY RESET - or

2 fastest way - wipe cache partition and dalvik cache from streakmod recovery

3 enjoy

MULTILANGUAGE and other stuff : OK

OVERCLOCK : actually not, but works in progress

Thank you :)

I will try that, but it would be great if DJSteve can add this feature directly in its build.