[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest niallmoran

just a wee update on my experience so far.....reflashed with proper dsp and amss and factory reset everthing to within an inch of its life and i was a little disheartened to find that the random wifi related sleep of death was still present. But after changing wifi to never sleep it's been rock solid, super smooth and no other bugs of note (had problems with the last 2.3 build with phone calls also causing sleep of death symptoms).

I've probably gone and jinxed it but this is a very usable everyday rom so a big thanks to fards and steve and if a numpty like me can get it running well then everybody else should be fine but make sure you read everything! :D

Guest andycqos

Thank you :)

I will try that, but it would be great if DJSteve can add this feature directly in its build.

Unless you really, really need a different language, I would stick with this ROM. Its far more stable and faster than the multi-language one

Guest maxicet

Unless you really, really need a different language, I would stick with this ROM. Its far more stable and faster than the multi-language one

Who are you, DjSteve's brother ? :lol:

before spitting sentences, things are going at least try ...

I think you've written without knowledge of the facts ...try it, and let me know just one problem that my rom has and 2.4 doesn't have.....

There are dozens of people who write to me the opposite, and have tried both, and I answer them that probably they are wrong....I think you're prejudiced..;)

Edited by maxicet

Guest andycqos

Who are you, DjSteve's brother ? :lol:

before spitting sentences, things are going at least try ...

I think you've written without knowledge of the facts ...try it, and let me know just one problem that my rom has and 2.4 doesn't have.....

There are dozens of people who write to me the opposite, and have tried both....I think you're prejudiced..;)

Maybe you should check things before jumping in :rolleyes:

I have tried it. I installed it after running FARDS Gingerbread ROM, as I was having problems with the browser and generally found it a little slow. Yours didnt correct any of the issues and was no faster or more stable.

Since moving to DJSteves ROM, Ive had no freezing or reboots using Opera and the whole ROM is faster and more responsive. Hence, my advice to stay with Steves ROM unless the poster really, really needs multi-language.

What is it with developers on here taking everything so personally? :huh:

Guest maxicet

Maybe you should check things before jumping in :rolleyes:

I have tried it. I installed it after running FARDS Gingerbread ROM, as I was having problems with the browser and generally found it a little slow. Yours didnt correct any of the issues and was no faster or more stable.

Since moving to DJSteves ROM, Ive had no freezing or reboots using Opera and the whole ROM is faster and more responsive. Hence, my advice to stay with Steves ROM unless the poster really, really needs multi-language.

What is it with developers on here taking everything so personally? :huh:

see I was right? you've compared 2.4 with the translation of 2.3.3 by fards (mine SD2.3.3 International rev.1)...

To make a true comparison, you must try the "Maxicetdroid 1.0 International", based on 2.4 kernel : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1304727

However, nothing personal...;)

Guest andycqos

see I was right? you've compared 2.4 with the translation of 2.3.3 by fards (mine SD2.3.3 International rev.1)...

To make a true comparison, you must try the "Maxicetdroid 1.0 International", based on 2.4 kernel : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1304727

However, nothing personal...;)

Fair enough. It wasnt clear that you'd made a new one based on 2.4

For some reason after installing the rom, the dsp1 and amss files, my Back button, Options button and the Home button keep flashing intermittently. What could be the cause and how can I fix this issue. Your release seems to be very decent.

update 15/10/2011

Minor update today folks, changelog below, the file to download is the same as i only changed like 1 file in it that i forgot in the first version

changelog:

added modded libsqlite to increase db performance a little :)

-------

evening all.

Im back after some personal issues and work elsewhere,

and before anyone comments yes me and fards are collaborating on streakdroids gingerstreak builds so all of this is parts of both our works

got a new version of 2.3.3 built and ready for a bit wider beta test :)

changelog

using the kernel from fards gs beta2

modified memory management,

edited lots of different things in the build itself

also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :P - any amount is appreciated

GBP Donate | USD Donate

a new amss and dsp1 are required for this build to work properly.

links:

amss:

http://mirror2.strea...m/beta/amss.mbn

dsp1:

http://mirror2.strea...m/beta/dsp1.mbn

flash these using fastboot which im sure you all know how to do

download link for rom:

http://mirror2.strea...rStreak-2.4.zip

also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :P - any amount is appreciated

GBP Donate | USD Donate

BE AWARE THIS ROM IS BETA SO MAY HAVE WEIRD AND WONDERFUL BUGS

For some reason after installing the rom, the dsp1 and amss files, my Back button, Options button and the Home button keep flashing intermittently. What could be the cause and how can I fix this issue. Your release seems to be very decent.

Decent? Him and Fards brought out a ROM not available to anyone else. Everyone else is just modifying his ROM and using his Kernel.

Alright, I have disabled facebook contact sync and now phone apk does not crash if I try to add a new contact. Does anyone know of any possible fix? Thanks

Guest mellojoe

As has been stated in the thread previously, flashing home buttons typically means that the amss and dsp1 did not get flashed correctly. You might check to see if your download got corrupted. Try redownloading the amss and dsp1 and re-flash those. Make sure those files are in the same folder as your fastboot commands.

Guest Coxeroni

They keep flashing because it seems you didnt flash amss and dsp1 correctly. Try to redo it.

Guest jitin sharma

Guyz just asked AmyatDell and Dellcares on twitter for if there will b any official updates for streak 5 .. answer I got is THERE WILL B NO MORE UPDATES FOR STREAK5.

Edited by jitin sharma

Guest jitin sharma

##### RANDOM REBOOTS #####

Guyz m still having random reboot problem. M not even having ny xtra app installd this tym . Just browsing throughmy app drawer n setting up my launcher screens and boom got two reboot inline.

Please help out guyz.

Edited by jitin sharma

##### RANDOM REBOOTS #####

Guyz m still having random reboot problem. M not even having ny xtra app installd this tym . Just browsing throughmy app drawer n setting up my launcher screens and boom got two reboot inline.

Please help out guyz.

1.Try to flash stock 2.2.2 rom then flash two files from first post (amss and dsp1)

2. flash custom recovery then delete all caches

3. install this rom

4. hard reset on first dell screen

It should work fine because that is what I did and so far no problems that I could notice besides facebook and phone conflict. Most important no reboots going on two days now.

Guest Papi-jj

Yes the rom does not seem to suffer from random reboots. I had one reboot since last week. Going on 42 hrs without any reboots. The only reason I have rebooted was to flash theme and portrait mode. Other than that no need to reboot.

Guest Azurren

Yes the rom does not seem to suffer from random reboots. I had one reboot since last week. Going on 42 hrs without any reboots. The only reason I have rebooted was to flash theme and portrait mode. Other than that no need to reboot.

Yeah, as far as I can tell the rom is very stable. If your getting reboots you've done something wrong :P

Guest Matt Bernius

Just to confirm what others are saying, I had random reboots with Fard's XDA build. When I installed 2.4 I followed the procedure described in posts here (available on the ROM's wiki page: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/StreakDroid_GingerStreak_2.4_Beta )

Since then I have not had any reboot problems, including after upgrading to the latest version of 2.4.

Guest Azurren

Guyz just asked AmyatDell and Dellcares on twitter for if there will b any official updates for streak 5 .. answer I got is THERE WILL B NO MORE UPDATES FOR STREAK5.

;)

Donno if it's been mentioned before here but anyone getting massive battery drain from maps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1267449

I literally watched my battery drain away today over 2 hours of ideling :S

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok folks i am reading the thread incase anyones thinking im not. i do need 3 or 4 SKILLED users to test a new kernel for me.....they must have good fastboot n adb/root explorer skills cheers also i suspect theirs a sleep issue somewhere in the ril services that im still needing to investigate aswell

Guest zero410

I've seemed to have run into a problem.

Currently my streak is stuck at the dell logo. I've attempted to boot up into fastboot and also to clockwork to try and load the rom, but i cannot access any of these menus.

Here's what I did.

1. I downloaded the rom and put it onto my phone.

2. I went into fastboot and loaded the amss and dsp1 files downloaded from the first post on this thread.

3. I did > fastboot reboot (instead of fastboot -i 0x413 reboot) but it went and rebooted.

4. Now, it wont go past the dell logo after a long time.

As a side affect, I cannot enter into fastboot either. Holding down the camera key and starting the phone does something, as my screen does not start up at all and there are no lights, but I cannot repower my phone on without pull out the battery, so I believe something is happening.

When I reboot holding the volume buttons down, the dell logo still pops up and my phone fails to load into clockwork recovery. I currently am unable to get into a recoverable state. Can anyone help? It would be greatly appreciated.

I was upgrading from fard streak_beta 2.3 r2 with the portrait lock mode.

Thanks again.

Guest WakeRider89

ok folks i am reading the thread incase anyones thinking im not. i do need 3 or 4 SKILLED users to test a new kernel for me.....they must have good fastboot n adb/root explorer skills cheers also i suspect theirs a sleep issue somewhere in the ril services that im still needing to investigate aswell

haven't lost faith in over a year now! every build brings something new and keeps us in the loop!

keep up the great work bro!

Guest mellojoe

Teehee ... Steve, they just released the SDK for Ice Cream Sandwich ... feel like taking a crack at that? Only kidding. Just thinking back when you were cracking the Gingerbread SDK and Honeycomb SDK trying to cobble together the pieces of Dell's garbage. You guys do such great work.

I wish I could be a tester for you, but I have very few ADB skills.

Good luck. Keep up the brilliant work, mate.

Guest Tungsifu

sign me up!!!