[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Papi-jj

Welcome back DJ Steve and Fards! My Streak thanks you too!!

Loving the rom so far, but still getting the unresponsive screen during phone call.

Edited by Papi-jj

I beleive USSD problem is a bit more complicated. I see Rejected from protocol layer error im my radio log when running USSD code.It most probably related to some bug in ril-qc-1 library.

First of all - IT`S REALLY A GREAT NEWS!!!

Dear Steve, in your twitter you told about a problems with your Streak5.

Dell Streak Club of Russia (http://4pda.ru/forum...howtopic=224056) has a device for experiments (with a small defect: 1 green pixel). If you don't object, we will be glad to make it a gift to you for experiments. If you agree, we would ask you to include the Russian in the next ROMs. If you specify on the first page about our initiative, we won't object too )

Edited by rm001

Guest Papi-jj

Battery drain seems pretty high compared to other 2.3 roms. I am OK with that as long as stability is here and so far going on 11 hours without a reboot. ;-)

Guest niallmoran

great work steve and fards - been using fards one for a couple of weeks and flashed this one over the top and all seems hunky dorey :D

Only things i've noticed that i don't think have been mentioned are the keys seem to do a wee rapid flash every so often and it doesn't seem to want to charge using my el-cheapo dealxtreme cradle or cable (cradle works fine in USB mode).

Was getting a few random reboots and sleep of deaths with fards that seemed to be worse with wifi on but too early to see if this rom is better in that respect.

Keep up the great work.....soon be time for an ice cream sandwich ROM :D

Guest pompeyboyz

Having a really weird problem where the phone app is FC. tried re-installing but nothing.

I tried Fards gingerstreak before and did fastboot amss or dsp1(don't think it was both) so would I need to do the 2 in the OP?

Having a really weird problem where the phone app is FC. tried re-installing but nothing.

I tried Fards gingerstreak before and did fastboot amss or dsp1(don't think it was both) so would I need to do the 2 in the OP?

SIgh.... it states VERY CLEARLY that you should flash both

Guest Coxeroni

Did you do a factory reset from the dell menu (the one BEFORE you enter recovery) after flashing? And did you clear dalvik cache?

Edited by Coxeroni

Guest RenkliArif

24 hours on 2.4 and I'm pretty fond of it. The issues I had are the following:

- ADBWireless crashes the streak and reboots.

- No USSD support

- boot takes a bit longer

- Where is streaklight, streak radio, and fm_hcitool? :P

None of these are annoyances, though. Me like :3

Everything is running very smooth compared to SD1.9.1! Go launcher transitions were very choppy, but now they look nice :D

Edited by RenkliArif

Guest Vikram Mohan

great work steve and fards - been using fards one for a couple of weeks and flashed this one over the top and all seems hunky dorey :D

Only things i've noticed that i don't think have been mentioned are the keys seem to do a wee rapid flash every so often and it doesn't seem to want to charge using my el-cheapo dealxtreme cradle or cable (cradle works fine in USB mode).

Was getting a few random reboots and sleep of deaths with fards that seemed to be worse with wifi on but too early to see if this rom is better in that respect.

Keep up the great work.....soon be time for an ice cream sandwich ROM :D

Great work to the Streak Duo: DJ Steve and Fards. Upgraded from Fards' 2.3.3 and so far pretty smooth.

Like observed earlier, the android keys keep flashing every now and again. Not a deal breaker but a bit annoying.

Also would love to have it locked to portrait.

I'm missing a feature matrix.

Multilanguage support: languages

USSD support

Voice in Google Talk

Video in Google Talk

DPI

WiFi 192.168.*.* bug

Stable WiFi?

Stable rotation?

Market hides some apps?

Market is updateable?

Guest Matt Bernius

First of all, huge thanks to bot Steve and Fards. This is a really unexpected and welcome surprise.

Second question for the testers, with Fard's 2.3 the biggest problem I've encountered other than occasional system hangs was the reset issue. This happened especially when using an audio app in the background (google music, mort player, or internet radio). From your experience, is this still a problem in the current build?

Also, as far as battery use, I seem to remember that with Steve's Roms, the first time through there was a faster rate of battery consumption and then things slowed down after the first full discharge/recharge.

Guest Papi-jj
First of all, huge thanks to bot Steve and Fards. This is a really unexpected and welcome surprise.

Second question for the testers, with Fard's 2.3 the biggest problem I've encountered other than occasional system hangs was the reset issue. This happened especially when using an audio app in the background (google music, mort player, or internet radio). From your experience, is this still a problem in the current build?

Also, as far as battery use, I seem to remember that with Steve's Roms, the first time through there was a faster rate of battery consumption and then things slowed down after the first full discharge/recharge.

I was good for about 20 hrs. Just finished using my GPS. Put the streak in my pocket. When I pulled it out after like a minute. It had rebooted on me. :'( That was the first reboot in 20 hrs.

Guest mrmrmrmr

Hi Steve & Fards,

First of all, thanks for returning to us and thanks for the new rom :)

I know the answer to my question is obvious but since there is no mention about it I'd like to ask anyway:

do we have the source for the kernel in this rom ?

Thanks.

Guest lordmorphous

Been running this for about 16 hours so far and it's been great! Thank you DJSteve and fards! I had one sleep of death this morning and had to do a battery pull. I restarted it and left it alone for 6.5 hours. When I woke it up, it showed wifi was still connected, but there was no data throughput and had to disable/enable wifi to get it back. On a positive note, I only lost 3% battery in those 6.5 hours. I've since installed Blade Wifi Fix from the market, but it hasn't been long enough to see if it works or not. Any ideas? Anything I can do to help troubleshoot?

Update: Blade Wifi Fix didn't do anything, so I uninstalled it. A workaround that seems to take care of it is to not set Wifi Sleep Mode to never. It reverts to mobile data when the screen is off which presumably uses more battery, but at least I get my notifications. From what I can tell, this seems to be a widespread problem with Android in general.

Edited by lordmorphous

Guest Tungsifu

Yo DJ, coming from beta2 is it necessary to flash amss and dsp1 again? I'm getting flashing lights, doesn't really bother me, I'll just flash n see what happens tonight...GPS doesn't seem to wanna turn off after using aps, or it might just be icon stays on in notification bar, out it might just be cause I just flashed over beta 2 without doing the amss/dsp1...I guess Waite until I finish with complete flash before I post, but I'm sure I can't be the only lazy ass is there reason why I'll still post this post...;p

okay flashed both amss and dsp1 and it seems to have fixed led flash...so basically just laced this over beta2 and flashed those two...not saying thats the propper way to do but she's runnin so buttery i to think you cats are ready to ditch the beta title!!!

Edited by Tungsifu

Guest lordmorphous

Yo DJ, coming from beta2 is it necessary to flash amss and dsp1 again? I'm getting flashing lights, doesn't really bother me, I'll just flash n see what happens tonight...GPS doesn't seem to wanna turn off after using aps, or it might just be icon stays on in notification bar, out it might just be cause I just flashed over beta 2 without doing the amss/dsp1...I guess Waite until I finish with complete flash before I post, but I'm sure I can't be the only lazy ass is there reason why I'll still post this post...;p

Yes it is necessary to flash them. Gets rid of the flashing leds. I noticed the GPS icon staying active after exiting apps that use GPS (Maps and Facebook) and started to get concerned, but noticed that they did turn off after a minute or so, maybe less.

On a side note: DJSteve, fards, and most other developers are usually pretty explicit in their instruction, meaning if they say something is necessary it's because it is...well...necessary. If it wasn't in a particular case, they would say so in the beginning to help prevent the thread from getting cluttered with repeated questions. If you want to see the epitamy of a thread with repeated questions, look at fard's Streakdroid 2.3 thread on XDA Developers. Must be 40 posts asking, "Why does my baseband show as 'unknown'?"

Guest Virtu300

Been running the ROM for approx 20hrs. Battery consumption seems nominal. However, I did use the Battery Calibrator, not sure if that has any effect or not.

The tether option is gone from the Wireless menu. I have had this problem with the Italian International ROM from Maxicet, as well as Gingerstreak 2.3.3.

No one else is experiencing problems with the tethering UI? ARGH!

Noticed my phone started doing a chronic reboot (approx every 10 min) while I was driving downtown. GPS enabled, but was not in Google maps, WiFi enabled. Took the battery out for a few min, put it back in, but was still doing it. Turned off the WiFi, not sure if that was causing the issue, but the rebooting has stopped for the moment. I was beginning to think that maybe if the WiFi is going through too many networks appearing and disappearing while scanning, it was causing the OS to become unstable? Just a stab in the dark...

I'd really love some help re tether UI missing though. :-(

Guest Stephen Hyde

Been running the ROM for approx 20hrs. Battery consumption seems nominal. However, I did use the Battery Calibrator, not sure if that has any effect or not.

The tether option is gone from the Wireless menu. I have had this problem with the Italian International ROM from Maxicet, as well as Gingerstreak 2.3.3.

No one else is experiencing problems with the tethering UI? ARGH!

Noticed my phone started doing a chronic reboot (approx every 10 min) while I was driving downtown. GPS enabled, but was not in Google maps, WiFi enabled. Took the battery out for a few min, put it back in, but was still doing it. Turned off the WiFi, not sure if that was causing the issue, but the rebooting has stopped for the moment. I was beginning to think that maybe if the WiFi is going through too many networks appearing and disappearing while scanning, it was causing the OS to become unstable? Just a stab in the dark...

I'd really love some help re tether UI missing though. :-(

tethering menu works and appears here- see below - excuse the crap pic my streak is dying.

post-281546-0-83328200-1318538746_thumb.

Guest Papi-jj

Superuser keeps force closing on me. Can uninstall cause titanium backup needs root access. Update: nevermind resolved it with a clear cache.

Edited by Papi-jj