[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest hacktor

Another fix that worked for me... I copied the apk from the previous GingerStreak Build 2.4 to my SD Card before I upgraded to this one (it is located in the system\apps folder). After the upgrade, I simply installed the apk from my SD Card. Worked like a charm for me!

Hope this helps!

Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. This worked perfectly for me.

Guest iT iS Me

its out for android 2.2 and 2.3 abt a year ago..ill send u a link..lucky for us the gingerstreak2.4 is deodexd i think...so the method work !!

I would appreciate.

I have also figured that it's better to move apps to internal memory and wipe'em if they don't fit before flashing.

Seems like leftovers on SD could prevent system/apps from normal functioning.

Hello folks,

Speaking of languages, my Streak appears to be stuck with US settings. How do I install a UK language pack and get the settings (like phone number formatting) to follow suit?

Thanks.

Guest zero410

Installed this just right now over top of the original 2.4 beta 3.

didnt even need to wipe the dalvik cache but i did it anyways, and so far so good!

Had the exact same swype problem but a little searching and uninstalling fixed it right now.

Also confirmed that the portrait lock install used in the previous 2.3 build is still working fine with this build.

I have a question though... ever since I started using the gingerbread builds, I have not been able to get streak LED working.

I've tried some other LED solutions too but they still need some work.

What are you guys using to get notified of your notifications?

I'm currently running handcent and just having the screen stay one for a little while....

Guest zAm1987

Just got this new rom flashed.

Had a few problems at first, mainly the swype problem and some sort of weird app downloading/market problems which disappeared after 2 reboots.

The swype problem can be fixed with an older or newer swype.apk. I chose an older one, because i don't like the layout of the newest swype version.

Other than these two problems, everything seems to be smooth & stable.

Only thing that's bothering me, is that a few text elements seem to be blurry/washed out.

Is this just my imagination or has somebody else noticed this?!

Anyway, thanks Steve and fards for this rom ;)

EDIT: Phone number formatting is xxx-xxx-xxx. Not a big problem though, because dialing works just normal.

Edited by zAm1987

Guest iT iS Me

Tried to make it read Arabic using an old method, I did not success.

Going back to Simple Streak 1.3 with Arabic.

Waiting an updated GingerStreak with Arabic support.

Edited by iT iS Me

Guest marvin02

. . . .

You need the recovery image for the firmware you are on not the firmware you are going to. Example: 254 rom needs 254 recovery flashed to update to 360 (Which it also updates the recovery)

. . . .

If the rom you are installing is in the upgrade path from the rom you have on your Streak then the recovery for the currently installed ROM will work to install the upgrade. If the ROM you want to install is not in the upgrade path (for example - you are going from a regional ROM to a retail ROM) then you do need the recovery for the ROM you are installing, otherwise you will get an error.

Guest Al Rahman
im going to look at integrating multiple langs into this now,

I dream of a rom that reads Arabic regularly..i mean from right to left in both webview and text view rendering...and with connected letters...

Edited by Al Rahman

Guest alert_bri

I've been getting some random reboots with this latest version... Using the smartassv2 governor, but reverting to 'on demand' seems to have stabilised things nicely - and battery life still looks very good.

Thanks as always, awesome progress.

Brian

Guest iT iS Me

its out for android 2.2 and 2.3 abt a year ago..ill send u a link..lucky for us the gingerstreak2.4 is deodexd i think...so the method work !!

Thanks a lot, your source works fine with the ROM. Thanks once again. it seems I am required to make 2 donations. B)

Anyone else having a problem editing contacts? I get a force close everytime I try.

This is issue with facebook. If you log out of facebook so it stops sync then you can add contacts normally.

Guest Al Rahman
those of you wanting arabic - will this do

post-281546-0-92916700-1319580076_thumb.

you lot can read if its right better than me

Yes sir will do perfectly, it seems like a full support with arabic menu n everything...wut we asked for was just webview n textview right-to-left CONNECTED Arabic characters n neither 2.2 nor 2.3 connect them n right-left webview words...

Guest Al Rahman
those of you wanting arabic - will this do

post-281546-0-92916700-1319580076_thumb.

you lot can read if its right better than me

btw the blog where ur attachment were taken from realeased a patch for arabic support that modify the framework.jar and libandroid_runtime n adds a file to system then characters r connected !!!

SORRY if i got u confused but um like the super newbeeee in development world..

Thanx for respondin man..u r the best

Guest Al Rahman

blog(dot)devasqu(dot)com/?page_id=11

thats the method for modifying deodexed roms to support arabic..its translated to english too...thanx to Madmack the developer for sure..