[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest trickyrichb

Stephen,

I've tried a factory reset but still have the white screen issue in the camera app & in youtube. Any other ideas?

P.S - Thanks for the fantastic work!!

RichB

Steve,

Cam issue & youtube now working fine (no more white screen). Thanks for the effort, great ROM.

RichB

I dont know. Why are you.. Oh sorry thought it was a joke :D

Seriously though I haven seen any fc here

i experience in 2.4.1 but i dont know in 2.4.2 i will try

Guest Virtu300

Link fixed

Hey DJ Steve. I've been going on about my tether problem for a while, and am sorry to keep bothering everyone about this!

I need help figuring out why the tethering works no problem on my streak for 2.2.2. However, for any version above that , eg 2.3.3 clicking the tether UI crashes the phone, causing a soft reboot, and the tether UI is gone after that.

I've tried EVERYTHING!

My latest is: Streakflash->QDL->Stock 360 recovery and update.pkg -> streakmod recovery w/doctor fix -> your 2.4.2 with the amss and dsp1.

Did all the data clears within streakmod, and the factory reset right after rebooting, before the phone boots up.

**Update - Reflashed phone. Did not touch Tether UI, but did see it was there. Rebooted phone, tether UI is gone. Wahhhhhhhh!!

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Edited by Virtu300

flashed 2421 - looks awesome great eyecandy - and has multilingual support. seems very smooth.camera works fine.

EDIT: gps is not turning on. even tried changing languages, but to no avail. I'll trya reflash later tonite and update here. as posted by others, I also can't find hackers keyb, no biggie I use swype, but.

Edited by nalpt

Guest StreakyJ

Does this rom utilize an install.txt file as the previous ones, or is it just a straight flash?

Should I remove the old install.txt file if it is not used?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Guest Coxeroni

Does this rom utilize an install.txt file as the previous ones, or is it just a straight flash?

Should I remove the old install.txt file if it is not used?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!!

No install.txt need, you can delete it.

2.4.2.1 is up folks :)

DJ Steve. 1st and foremost (as always), THANK YOU for you continued development on this project. You and Fards have been amazing in making the Streak do what it should have been able to do from the Factory. I will be hitting that that donate link when I get paid Friday for sure!

I have progressed through all the GingerStreak versions, as they have become available. When I updated to 2.4.2.1, I noticed two things. First, the INCREDIBLE screen sleep special effect from 2.4.2 was no longer happening. So I checked the version in settings, and it was reading "GingerStreak 2.4.1". I have redownloaded the package AND deleted my old packages to get rid of "human error". Was this a rollback package? Or is there just something I need to do different?

I, of course, perform cache/dalvik wipes and factory resets when I do my flashes.

I also don't see the Hacker's keyboard in Settings or Input Method. I don't use it anyway, but was looking for it solely to determine if I had the right version...

Thanks, Bro - and PLEASE, keep up the FANTASTIC work!!!! :)

Guest sharptv

Big thanks to DJ steve and Fards, you guys make Dell look damn inferior and noob.B) i am wondering since Dell have already released the kernel for 2.3.5, can we expect a version based on android 2.3.5 instead of 2.3.3? i know there isn't much of a difference, but the newer the better right? Cheers guys! keep up the good work, will donate again soon.

Guest hacktor

Yup, "Build number" : "GingerStreak 2.4.1

My lock effect no longer shows the CRT type screen.

Steve is this something that was removed from 2.4.2.1 in order to fix the Video/Camera problem?

Guest Spencershaun

Android version 2.3.3

OEM VERSION SD gingerstreak 2.4.1

Build number 2.4.1

If that helps wink.gif

Can anyone else confirm that Settings > About is showing 2.4.1?

Guest zAm1987

Updated again.

Phone number formatting now works, as does the camera.

Can confirm the "wrong" version number and the missing lock effect (which by the way was great!)

Besides that, the navigation function of my google maps somehow disappeared :S

Everything else runs smooth and stable as before. Keep up the great work ;)

Guest Spencershaun

Can any 1 help me my contacts have gone and i dont think its syncing up with google

Sorted it

Edited by Spencershaun

Guest Mohawk55a

Same here, I cannot get GPS enabled in any application. Toggling settings in the system menu has no effect. I'm still working on it... everything else seems fine though and I sure appreciated the ROM updates.

Thanks!!!

Updated again.

Phone number formatting now works, as does the camera.

Can confirm the "wrong" version number and the missing lock effect (which by the way was great!)

Besides that, the navigation function of my google maps somehow disappeared :S

Everything else runs smooth and stable as before. Keep up the great work ;)

Guest Spencershaun

Same here with GPS just going to try and reflash it

Same here, I cannot get GPS enabled in any application. Toggling settings in the system menu has no effect. I'm still working on it... everything else seems fine though and I sure appreciated the ROM updates.

Thanks!!!