[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Spencershaun

cheers dj not beein rude will it be fixed for 2n8 just taking my son out 2mro and i dont know were i am going lol i will just go back to my nandroid laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Gps probably is broke ill fix it later

Guest Mohawk55a

No worries, GPS is working fine on the previous 2.4.1/2 releases for those who need it to go back. Thanks for your time & effort!

Depends when I get in from.work. Dont finish till 1030 tonight

Guest zAm1987

Just discovered a bug with the new music app. At least for me it looses it's library fevery few reboots and can't find the files anymore (they are still on the sd card).

I reverted back to the "old" music app by renaming them in the system/app folder and had no problems since then. Seems to be a problem only with the the app I guess.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

GPS is definitely not working (for me) as I tried nearly every possible order, option, app and version without getting it to work.

Will test HDMI output tomorrow.

Guest Spencershaun

Is there any chance u can but the unlock screen sounds back in this 1 and the visuals rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Depends when I get in from.work. Dont finish till 1030 tonight

General question, maybe off-topic, but its certainly motivated by the incredible rate at which this rom is updated! :lol:

I use Myphonexplorer to sync contacts and calender with outlook - don't like clouding with google or ms or anyone else :huh:. Is there an app for backing up to SD the contacts, at least, preserving pictures and the android entries? Syncing with myphonexplorer is not practical in order to keep up with DJ and Fards updates to this great Rom! It takes about 15 min to sync contacts and calender, and requires my input - as opposed to apps, which are easy to recover with Titanium Backup in batch mode.

What I'm looking for is an offline (SD based) solution similar to titanium backup, but for contacts, and it would be a plus calender as well.

Thanks for any suggestions

Guest janarioo

General question, maybe off-topic, but its certainly motivated by the incredible rate at which this rom is updated! :lol:

I use Myphonexplorer to sync contacts and calender with outlook - don't like clouding with google or ms or anyone else :huh:. Is there an app for backing up to SD the contacts, at least, preserving pictures and the android entries? Syncing with myphonexplorer is not practical in order to keep up with DJ and Fards updates to this great Rom! It takes about 15 min to sync contacts and calender, and requires my input - as opposed to apps, which are easy to recover with Titanium Backup in batch mode.

What I'm looking for is an offline (SD based) solution similar to titanium backup, but for contacts, and it would be a plus calender as well.

Thanks for any suggestions

Bro ur Answer Is Go Contacts , Try It u can Make Backup to SD wid It Super Fast

Guest jaw2floor

Hi guise, freshmen here reporting back with some issues with the latest StreakDroid OS.

For the first 20 minutes of the phone being on, i get a 'com.android.phone has stopped working' every 30 seconds. During this my phone isn't connected to any network.

Once it has connected to mobile network, I get no data connection. I cannot add a APN because it crashes (com.android.settings has stopped) as soon as I press 'Add APN'.

Also the capacitive buttons flash like every minute :blink:

OTHERWISE this works perfectly!

Edited by jaw2floor

Guest streak5

Hi guise, freshmen here reporting back with some issues with the latest StreakDroid OS.

For the first 20 minutes of the phone being on, i get a 'com.android.phone has stopped working' every 30 seconds. During this my phone isn't connected to any network.

Once it has connected to mobile network, I get no data connection. I cannot add a APN because it crashes (com.android.settings has stopped) as soon as I press 'Add APN'.

I'm not an expert either, but the flashing/blinking buttons are typically associated with not flashing the correct amss and dsp1 files. I would try to reflash the ROM, reboot, flash the right amss and dsp1 files, reboot, and do a Factory Reset before loading the ROM fully. But I could be totally wrong and you may have a totally different issue, however.

Guest (InsertNameHere)

OTHERWISE this works perfectly

Did you flash AMSS and DSP1 with fastboot before you flashed the rom? My guess is that you did not.

Guest Technomenon81

What crt animation?

When you press the power button to turn off the screen, the screen effect (as far as I know) is called the CRT animation. It was working on mine, if you did not experience it.

Guest Spencershaun

Hi half of the problems is that u havent flashed it right if u go through the begging of the posts there is a correct way to flash it follow all of that and u will not have any of these issues

LINK -http://android.modaco.com/topic/347329-rom-streakdroid-gingerstreak-24-beta/page__st__80

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Edited by Spencershaun

Guest hacktor

Facebook just started Force Closing on me about a few minutes ago. It was working ok this morning. Doesn't seem to be a ROM issue as tons of other users are reporting the same issues when going to the News Feed. Not a dealbreaker for me.

Still loving how speedy this release is.

Guest Spencershaun

I did a update for mine 2 day cant say i had a issue b4 the update try unistall it and re DL it unsure.gif

Facebook just started Force Closing on me about a few minutes ago. It was working ok this morning. Doesn't seem to be a ROM issue as tons of other users are reporting the same issues when going to the News Feed. Not a dealbreaker for me.

Still loving how speedy this release is.

Thansk janaario, I.ll try that.

Found a bug: using mp3 ringtones they ring pnly once and do not loop untol phone is answered. Didnt happen in prevoous builds.

Guest MySeLfPT

When you press the power button to turn off the screen, the screen effect (as far as I know) is called the CRT animation. It was working on mine, if you did not experience it.

Thats the Nexus S, screen off animation. As far as i know... thats a Nexus exclusive feature. others tryed to replicate it but it allways results in problems. Try the UOT kitchen, maybe there is something available in the cook options that MIGHT work (probably not).

just my 2 cents.

Guest Papi-jj
Same here, I cannot get GPS enabled in any application. Toggling settings in the system menu has no effect. I'm still working on it... everything else seems fine though and I sure appreciated the ROM updates.

Thanks!!!

GPS is not working for me either. Has anyone got a solution. Worked amazingly well in previous versions.

Guest hacktor

Yeah, I tried this. Using Titanium backup I uninstalled Facebook, rebooted, and reinstalled from Market.

Didn't help out. I'm actually using FriendCaster and I'm liking it more than the official Facebook App. Again, it's not a dealbreaker. As I'm used to using an alternate client for Twitter as well.

EDIT: Something is going seriously wrong with my phone now. Browser is also FC'ing

Going to try a Factory reset. I will report back with results.

I did a update for mine 2 day cant say i had a issue b4 the update try unistall it and re DL it unsure.gif

Edited by hacktor

Guest mellojoe

Steve mentioned that he's going to have a re-look at the GPS in a previous post. Has anyone tried re-downloading the GPS fix that was originally required on the version Fards posted up? The original GingerStreak thread pointed us to here "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1233359" to get teh GPS fix. Might that work on this version?I'm still on 2.3 GingerStreak and the GPS connects lightning fast. I'm going to try this version of 2.4 probably tonight, but as I use the GPS fairly frequetnly, I might wait until that is fixed.PS: Steve, thanks a ton for all the work. Fards, if you are here too, thanks as well. You guys really rock.

Edited by mellojoe

Guest jaw2floor

Thanks Spencershaun, I flashed them 2 files now everything is working properly(so far), inc GPS.

EDIT:

Also, 1 small question. Why does this not feature the 2.2.2 Dell Stage widgets? They look much prettier than the 2.2 widgets.

Edited by jaw2floor