[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Technomenon81

Thats the Nexus S, screen off animation. As far as i know... thats a Nexus exclusive feature. others tryed to replicate it but it allways results in problems. Try the UOT kitchen, maybe there is something available in the cook options that MIGHT work (probably not).

just my 2 cents.

Agreed. Also, would you not describe the animation as a CRT screen turning off? Also, my Atrix with the last Gingerbread update has similar animations; vis-a-vis CRT animation screen off.

Edited by Technomenon81

Guest Spencershaun

u could always use tweetdeck it has FB and twitter into 1 wink.gif

Yeah, I tried this. Using Titanium backup I uninstalled Facebook, rebooted, and reinstalled from Market.

Didn't help out. I'm actually using FriendCaster and I'm liking it more than the official Facebook App. Again, it's not a dealbreaker. As I'm used to using an alternate client for Twitter as well.

EDIT: Something is going seriously wrong with my phone now. Browser is also FC'ing

Going to try a Factory reset. I will report back with results.

Guest ShinyBallBoy

Have you guys tried going in settings>display and turning animations on and off? this made the CRT stuff work for me in 2.4. (a), maybe it could work for 2.4.2?

Guest Stephen Hyde

Thats the Nexus S, screen off animation. As far as i know... thats a Nexus exclusive feature. others tryed to replicate it but it allways results in problems. Try the UOT kitchen, maybe there is something available in the cook options that MIGHT work (probably not).

just my 2 cents.

its not a nexus exclusive its a standard feature of 2.3 its just not enabled by default, it also exists in honeycomb. and you may need to disable then enable anims to see it - its a bit random if it works or not

working on fixing gps now

I have now updated to 2.4.2

It is all looking really good although I also have the YouTube and Camera white screen issues. I am sure there will be a fix for this before long.

Just because it has been mentioned previously, my Select Language English option is United States only.

I have flashed the GingerStreak-2.4.2.1 and all these issues are now sorted.

This is just too impressive. Thank you.

Guest Matt Bernius

I had to "reload" my phone after the last update :D

We need a term for the complete streak flashing process.. Suggestions?

How about "install" for the complete process and "update" for the over-the-top process.

BTW, for those new to the thread, I've been collecting information about this rom and posting it to a Wiki page over at XDA. If you are having problems or thing you've found a bug, you might want to check/update that page. BTW, this is going to get increasingly important to do as the page count on this thread grows!

GingerStreak 2.4 Beta page:

forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/StreakDroid_GingerStreak_2.4_Beta

Edited by Matt Bernius

Guest Matt Bernius

### ROM ISSUE RESOLVED ###

Fyi, the latest build of Netflix works on 2.4.2 (I'm a bit behind, but hopefully that will hold true for 2.4.2.2).

Guest ShinyBallBoy

flashed 2.4.2.2

working:

Youtube

Camera

not working:

no navigation app (?!?)

crt animation is really slow (it was fine in 2.4.2.1)

Thanks DJ_Steve, impressive work, im sure you'll be able to correct these small issues!

2.4.2.2 is up now, fixes :) jeeze 3 updates in one day :S

I've installed the new 2.4.2.2 build. My GPS, however, does not work. I can check "Use GPS Satellites" in Location Settings, but then when I open Google Maps, I get the message "Please enable a My Location source in system settings". I've tried disabling and then re-enabling, but I get the same issue. No GPS icon in the notification bar either.

I'm getting FCs on two applications, however. My "Tasker" application and a weather application called "Weatherbug". Weatherbug isn't a big deal, there are tons of other weather apps I can use. I am betting they are both related to the lack of GPS, since they both use them...

Confirmed that Hacker's keyboard is working fine. Confirmed that version number is now showing correct in Settings. Confirmed that camera is working fine.

Request to Steve: Is it possible to get back that sweet "CRT Animation" when turning the screen off from your original 2.4.2 build? That special effect was nice... Unless, of course, it was causing any of the issues...

Thanks for all you do DJ_Steve!

Guest Virtu300

flashed 2.4.2.2

working:

Youtube

Camera

not working:

no navigation app (?!?)

crt animation is really slow (it was fine in 2.4.2.1)

Thanks DJ_Steve, impressive work, im sure you'll be able to correct these small issues!

I noticed the same re no navigation. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. It's there, but no icon. Only way to get to it is through Google Maps from what I can tell.

Still no tether UI for me. :-(

Guest streak5

I recommend reverting back to 2.4.1 for those who need GPS working and let the man (Stephen Hyde) get some sleep. He put out 3 releases in one day on top of his daily work and life. I say that with full respect to him and all of the users of this ROM. Cheers!

i agree and he is doing this for free. I would suggest if you can DONATE so that way he stays on it to keep this rom development going. Too many people here being needy and not appreciative.

Guest Al Rahman
I recommend reverting back to 2.4.1 for those who need GPS working and let the man (Stephen Hyde) get some sleep. He put out 3 releases in one day on top of his daily work and life. I say that with full respect to him and all of the users of this ROM. Cheers!

+1

Agreed. And I did revert back to 2.4.2 for the GPS capability until his next release.

By no means do I expect the man to fix everything the moment its posted :). I've been patient with the DJ every since his first Froyo release. He's getting it done (and A LOT faster than Dell does!!) :)

Guest Technomenon81

Updated 2.4.2.1 to 2.4.2.2 and after nearly an hour I've had no issues switching from wifi to a data connection (I'm keeping wifi sleep on screen off for the time being). Also, the OS seems to be more responsive overall. GPS is no biggie (for the time being), as long as I still have maps. Thanks again Steve and Fards.

Guest (InsertNameHere)

Agreed. And I did revert back to 2.4.2 for the GPS capability until his next release.

By no means do I expect the man to fix everything the moment its posted :). I've been patient with the DJ every since his first Froyo release. He's getting it done (and A LOT faster than Dell does!!) :)

As a long time user of 1.9.1 couldn't agree more myself, still using 2.4.1 right now, am ready to flash a new build, probably the next release, 2.4.1 has only 2 issues, and its probably the ones that are effecting all builds at this time, USSD and sleep of death. Not to worry its a great rom, really smooth especially overclocked to 1.19ghz.

Really nice work.

Edited by (InsertNameHere)

Guest zAm1987

Experience with 2.4.2.2 so far:

+ GPS working again (!)

+ lock screen animation back

- phone number formatting problem occuring again (only US-English available)

The rest is running great before. Thanks for the fast updates and get some sleep ;)

EDIT: Fixed phone number formatting with an app called "MoreLocale2". Works even after uninstalling the app ;)

Edited by zAm1987