[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest lordmorphous

Can any one help with this issue!. Please!

I have read this as a solution, but have not tried it myself. Install Spare Parts from the market, and uncheck "Run older apps in compatibility mode", reboot.

Guest mellojoe

I love the roboto font. If you want to change the font use font changer in the market. Simple as that! Firefox does suck on mobile phones.

Wasn't there a Gucci or a Doce&Gabana font floating around somewhere? One of those "specialty" fonts that got put on one of the Samsung phones. If you MUST have Firefox and Roboto doesn't work, you can go to that one. It is what I was using for a long time and I found I really liked it.

I can't find the link now, but I'll keep trying if anyone wants ...

Guest RenkliArif

Anyone else experiencing the animation when locking the screen playing very slowly for the first few frames? It takes about 1 second for me to play the complete animation.

Guest mellojoe

Just updated to 2.4.3 (from 2.3 beta 2).

I'm going through all the steps of re-configuring the phone, but so far so good.

My log:

Downloaded amss and dsp1 (again) just to be sure of latest version.

Downloaded 2.4.3 zip, and saved to SD card.

Flashed 2.4.3

Booted up. Had a couple of FC's.

Did a DELL factory reset.

Booted up. Had flashing buttons.

Reflashed amss and dsp1

Booted up. Google Voice FC.

Connected to market. Downloaded Titanium Backup. Deleted Google Voice search. Redownloaded from market. Installed fresh Google Voice search.

No problems here. :)

update:

GPS works fine.

and none of that frozen touchscreen that was happening on 2.3 beta, either. works beautifully

Edited by mellojoe

Guest marvin02

My experience with 2.4.3:

1) I experienced the browser closing spontaneously when using Adobe Flash. This occurred in the stock browser and Opera Mobile. This occurred after I had uninstalled Flash completely and re-installed.

2) When restarting the phone I had a few of instances of the phone rebooting if I did not wait for a bit after the lock screen showed up. If I would immediately try to unlock the phone it would reboot. sometimes. Happened four or five times.

3) When powering off the phone after holding down the power button until the pop up menu shows and selecting Power Off instead of getting the confirmation popup the screen would go hazy. Hitting the back button returned you to the homescreen. Sometimes I would have to go through the process two or three times to power off.

4) No wifi issues

5) GPS lock in less than 15 seconds. For testing I shut phone off with GPS off, power cycled the phone. Turn on GPS and then run GPS Status app.

6) Quadrant advanced scores of 1400-1500 with no overclock. Linpack scores of around 48 (IIRC).

7) I had the google search force close issue that was resolved by removing the search app and reinstalling form the Market.

8) No problems with phone (other than pointed out above) after overnight charging. Phone woke up fine.

9) No issues with calls in or out, received and sent a few texts with no problems, and my email (GMAIL) was syncing fine.

I went from a fresh install of BB351 that had been reset after one boot to 2.4.3 and also did a reset after the first boot on that before anything else.

This was just a short (about 16 ours) test.

I have reverted to stock 351. Just posting my observations for feedback.

Guest muteman3

I made for myself ROM 2.4.3 you uninstall almost all outdoor applications, letting only the basics of Google. That 's prevent problems force close and you can install whatever you want. If there is interest it will publish a separate topic.

Guest Technomenon81

Anyone else experiencing the animation when locking the screen playing very slowly for the first few frames? It takes about 1 second for me to play the complete animation.

I'm not getting any animation on lock screen.

Guest Technomenon81

I made for myself ROM 2.4.3 you uninstall almost all outdoor applications, letting only the basics of Google. That 's prevent problems force close and you can install whatever you want. If there is interest it will publish a separate topic.

I too would prefer a completely vanilla base.

Guest muteman3

using latest 2.4.3 with integrated tun.

one big issue

unable to mount sdcard. anyone same problem

Не. И аз съм с него и нямам такъв проблем. Работи си добре.

No. I'm with 2.4.3tun I have no such problem. Works well.

Guest (InsertNameHere)

Version 2.4.3 doesn`t work with density=240.

100% FC "Android.process.acore"

Yes it does, works perfectly fine apart from known issue of phone dialer force closing, unless thats what you mean, and there is a easy solution to that, install a 3rd party dialer, like go contacts ex, or dialer one etc....

Guest mrmrmrmr

Steve,

I've compiled cifs module (for network shares) for the rom but it doesn't load because it asks for 2 features on the kernel:

[font=monospace]<4>[20460.381143] cifs: Unknown symbol slow_work_register_user<4>[20460.383240] cifs: Unknown symbol slow_work_enqueu[/font]

Next time you compile the kernel, can you include these features ?

I think only the following line will be enough:

CONFIG_SLOW_WORK=y

Steve,

since you didn't reply, I thought that you might have missed my post. Would it be possible to add the "CONFIG_SLOW_WORK" option in kernel ?

Thanks.

known issue of phone dialer force closing, unless thats what you mean, and there is a easy solution to that, install a 3rd party dialer

Sure I know. But density=240 works in almost all other custom ROMs

Guest Spencershaun

Just been tweeting him m8 he is having a clean up on his PC

Steve,

since you didn't reply, I thought that you might have missed my post. Would it be possible to add the "CONFIG_SLOW_WORK" option in kernel ?

Thanks.

Guest (InsertNameHere)

Sure I know. But density=240 works in almost all other custom ROMs

Your missing the point, this is a BETA rom, BETA, meaning it has bugs, and the dialer has a few bugs, cannot work at 240dpi, cannot do USSD, but that doesn't mean the rom cannot do 240dpi, it is a known bug that will be fixed when somebody has a fix, even the officially released Dell Gingerbread rom has these bugs.... probably because they borrowed most of the work done by the rom creators in this thread.

Edited by (InsertNameHere)

Guest Ashbeard

2.3 doesn't seem to like Flash in Opera. Seems to work fine in the default android browser however.

I should clarify. Whenever I try to play a Youtube video in Opera, Opera crashes.

Edited by Ashbeard

Guest aLpHa K7

Steve as Fards.. I must say, very smooth and everything seems to work perfectly. USB mounting, got Swype beta working, GPS works great as well. I'm using the 2.4.3tun version