[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Your missing the point, this is a BETA rom, BETA, meaning it has bugs, and the dialer has a few bugs, cannot work at 240dpi, cannot do USSD, but that doesn't mean the rom cannot do 240dpi, it is a known bug that will be fixed when somebody has a fix, even the officially released Dell Gingerbread rom has these bugs.... probably because they borrowed most of the work done by the rom creators in this thread.

I don`t miss the point. I know this bug since the very first 3xx ROMs, and everybody who knows something about density know it. I`m not a beginner. I just wanted to report that this bug exists here though in previous versions and/or it other custom ROMs it is eliminated. That`s all.

Guest (InsertNameHere)

I don`t miss the point. I know this bug since the very first 3xx ROMs, and everybody who knows something about density know it. I`m not a beginner. I just wanted to report that this bug exists here though in previous versions and/or it other custom ROMs it is eliminated. That`s all.

Which Gingerbread roms have the issue fixed? If you know of such rom, take the phone.apk from that rom, and put it on your device, problem solved, and tell everyone about it, please share your solution so we can all benefit.

Edited by (InsertNameHere)

Guest Stephen Hyde

and the density issue is becasue the streak IS NOT designed to be used in HDPI (lcd density above 199) and therfore the phone app WILL have issues, not something im going to look at fixing yet as theirs no easy way to do so.

Guest muteman3

are you just needlessly spammin my thread with links to your "rom" or just being annoying ?

I'm sorry. This is actually your ROM removed several applications and no other changes. Are you willing to remove the link?

Edited by muteman3

ROM is down. My mistake.

And I really don't think you can just remove some apps and call it a 'Rom' or your rom at the very least without extended modification. It's kinda unfair to the developer aka DJ Steve

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

He did credit steve. Not fards thou. Did u not ask permission before posting?

Im all for the idea, I think a pure vanilla rom would be a good idea but come on

Guest muteman3

And I really don't think you can just remove some apps and call it a 'Rom' or your rom at the very least without extended modification. It's kinda unfair to the developer aka DJ Steve

that's why I put the link in this thread .... which also proved to be WRONG. Any suggestions??

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

that's why I put the link in this thread .... which also proved to be WRONG. Any suggestions??

Tell dj steve you made a vanilla version of rom. Maybe he'll link it in op

ROM is down. My mistake.

Well done, under the circumstances that was the best move. I appreciate your intentions were to be helpful but it all just went downhill.

I know that I supported the bare bones rom and I am sorry if I encouraged breach of thread protocols.

Guest Azurren

Well done, under the circumstances that was the best move. I appreciate your intentions were to be helpful but it all just went downhill.

I know that I supported the bare bones rom and I am sorry if I encouraged breach of thread protocols.

Yup, I can't fault me at all for trying to help :lol:

Anyone else getting issues with iPlayer?

Was getting issues with flash in general so I performed a "reversal" install. Flash now works but iPlayer will just exit when trying to play any videos

Can't be anything I've done / haven't done as it is a completely clean flash

Guest SephTiger

I will not replace the gorgeous roboto font just because firefox doesn work. Firefox is crap on pc and no better on phones imo.

It's nice that you think that.

Guest lordmorphous

I may have pinned down what causes, at least for me, the sleep of death when on wifi. I've been running 2.4.3 since late last night without issue with most of the time being connected to my home router. Just a few minutes ago, I set up a static IP for my home router and got the sleep of death the first time I put the phone down afterwards. I've disabled the static IP and so far, no sleep of death.

Thanks a lot for the awesome ROM!

Installed over a stock 347 and so far running good fast except that:

- I created an exchange mailbox and every time a new mail comes in, the mail process FCs.

- When charging (via PC USB or wall charger), after pulling off the plug and the device sleeps, it won't wake and will need a batt pull.

- The CRT animation is very slow.

- Wifi disconnected only once in 2 days since I installed the ROM

Please disregard the above if already mentioned previously.

Thanks much!

Guest boonkui

Thanks a lot for the awesome ROM!

Installed over a stock 347 and so far running good fast except that:

- I created an exchange mailbox and every time a new mail comes in, the mail process FCs.

- When charging (via PC USB or wall charger), after pulling off the plug and the device sleeps, it won't wake and will need a batt pull.

- The CRT animation is very slow.

- Wifi disconnected only once in 2 days since I installed the ROM

Please disregard the above if already mentioned previously.

Thanks much!

Same problem on Exchange Email. Was fine in 2.4.1.

Another problem is losing 3G data connectivity frequently in 2.4.x. The signal strength symbol is white.

Thanks Steve and Fards for awesome works.

and the density issue is becasue the streak IS NOT designed to be used in HDPI (lcd density above 199) and therfore the phone app WILL have issues, not something im going to look at fixing yet as theirs no easy way to do so.

Which Gingerbread roms have the issue fixed? If you know of such rom, take the phone.apk from that rom, and put it on your device, problem solved, and tell everyone about it, please share your solution so we can all benefit.

There IS an (easy?) way to do it, Steve.

with GB ROMs, the way is described here http://forum.xda-dev...60#post17510960, it works with changed densities, it is prooved. All maxicet`s custom ROMs (based on Streakdroid kernels) support densities above 190 without any issues with phone.apk

With previous ROMs, at least with an official 351 ROM, there is another way. Flashing 351Portrait-signed.zip from here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1084850 lets you to change the density to 200, 220, 240, 260, 300 (I didn`t try any other) without any problems with the phone.apk. I think it works also with all other official and custom ROMs (including yours) mentioned in that thread. Ok, in second case is not about GB, but we understand that the Streak is NOT designed to use the density=160. It`s the problem of the certain apk.

Edited by rm001

Guest Spencershaun

Just tried I player and i have the same issue so i uni-stalled flash play and reinstalled it & I player loads it then as if it about to play it go back to the I player screen i will just c if it crashes on my gf's SG 2 unsure.gif SG2 IPLAYER works fine not a big issue for me but i think it mite be a BUG

Yup, I can't fault me at all for trying to help :lol:

Anyone else getting issues with iPlayer?

Was getting issues with flash in general so I performed a "reversal" install. Flash now works but iPlayer will just exit when trying to play any videos

Can't be anything I've done / haven't done as it is a completely clean flash

Edited by Spencershaun

Guest Spencershaun

3g problem i didn't have i could access the internet with 3g but i couldn't recive mms i have stock sms disabled and use GO sms pro so i checked the APN settings and it was o2 pay as you go (I am monthly) don't know if this helps u or not if u are on monthly just change the APN settings never had the 3g drop out and can now recive mms blink.gif

Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not azero.

When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.

• Tap the Menu soft key
  • Tap SettingsTap Wireless & networks
  • Tap Mobile networks
  • Check that Data enabled is ticked
  • Tap Access Point Names
  • Tap the Menu soft key
  • Tap New APN
  • Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay Monthly then tap OK
  • Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK
  • Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK
  • Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
  • Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK
  • Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK
  • Tap Server then tap the text box and enter http://wap.o2.co.uk
  • Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002then tap OK
  • Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK
  • Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
  • Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK
  • Tap MNC then tap the text box and enter 10 then tap OK
  • Tap Authentication type then tap PAP so a dot appears next to it
  • Tap APN type then tap default, mms and supl so a tick appears next to it all of them then tap OK
  • Tap the Menu soft key and tap Save
  • Press the Back arrow four times to return to the standby screen.

Same problem on Exchange Email. Was fine in 2.4.1.

Another problem is losing 3G data connectivity frequently in 2.4.x. The signal strength symbol is white.

Thanks Steve and Fards for awesome works.