[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Spencershaun

Look in 1 of the posts i made i deleted it using terminal then reinstalled it

Does anyone have issues with Twitter app ( like me) ? When i enter it it's good for few seconds but then it force closes...

Guest Azurren

Just tried I player and i have the same issue so i uni-stalled flash play and reinstalled it & I player loads it then as if it about to play it go back to the I player screen i will just c if it crashes on my gf's SG 2 unsure.gif SG2 IPLAYER works fine not a big issue for me but i think it mite be a BUG

Yeah that's the exact same issue :unsure:

I guess its a rom issue :(

Guest boonkui

Thanks a lot Spencershaun for the detailed instructions. I reset my APNs and the situation seems to be better - greener signal strength symbol now. As for my rather slow 3G speed, it should be capacity problem with my ISP. Still monitoring... Cheers.

3g problem i didn't have i could access the internet with 3g but i couldn't recive mms i have stock sms disabled and use GO sms pro so i checked the APN settings and it was o2 pay as you go (I am monthly) don't know if this helps u or not if u are on monthly just change the APN settings never had the 3g drop out and can now recive mms blink.gif

Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not azero.

When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.

• Tap the Menu soft key
  • Tap SettingsTap Wireless & networks
  • Tap Mobile networks
  • Check that Data enabled is ticked
  • Tap Access Point Names
  • Tap the Menu soft key
  • Tap New APN
  • Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay Monthly then tap OK
  • Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK
  • Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK
  • Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
  • Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK
  • Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK
  • Tap Server then tap the text box and enter http://wap.o2.co.uk
  • Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002then tap OK
  • Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK
  • Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
  • Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK
  • Tap MNC then tap the text box and enter 10 then tap OK
  • Tap Authentication type then tap PAP so a dot appears next to it
  • Tap APN type then tap default, mms and supl so a tick appears next to it all of them then tap OK
  • Tap the Menu soft key and tap Save
  • Press the Back arrow four times to return to the standby screen.

Guest Duskycub

the next streakdroid build should have the advanced installer back too :)

Yeah no more having to edit the region settings before i log into Android Market.

Would love to beta test for you!!!

Also like to mention one issue I have which I haven't seen in the thread.... aside from the flash player force closes the ONLY other issue I have is that I lost wifi connectivity pretty frequently and have to toggle it on or off, and on occasion have to forget the connection and set it up again to get wifi back.... this does not affect 3G connection though, that has been solid

DJ Steve: since you're working on 244, please see if this is an issue. I haven't gotten any feedback on the posts here, but apprently everything is configured well on my side, so...

In 243 only (in 241 it was fine and I had already posted about it, but regarding 242/242x) when using mp3 files (have not tried other formats, but the files are the same I used in 241 or 191) for ringtones, causes them not to loop: they'll play once only and not every ring, unlike the default ringtones. In other words, if the mp3 ringtone is 6 seconds long, it'll play once for those six seconds, and the silence, instead of the ringtone restarting, while the screen shows an incoming call.

Guest ivantastic

hi master steve,

i'm sure every streakers here will be glad to see your next 2.4.4 beta :)

nice cooking, thanks very much DJ :)

Edited by ivantastic

Awesome, i'm currently running on 2.4.3 - it's so freakin' magic, best i've ever seen so far and none of the problems that have been reported occurred to me *g*, i recommend following instructions as its like all you have to do. I'm really exited about what's to come! *** Thank you Stephen! You are a hero to all Streak users! ***

-gostl