[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest hacktor

..what?

I made the fast boot issue and I had the nessage fastboot fikes written then when I went to the recovery mode.i did nit have the expected menue where wipe users data and install from zip file.i think I was not able to get the needed files of the superboot and the clock for ky build 15609 ,for my 2.2.2 351 version.So please just in 2 lines will you tell me after having the 2.4.3 on my sdcard .what else is needed and where can I gate the revivery files and super boot files for my mentioned build version Really appreciate any help

Guest Papi-jj

I made the fast boot issue and I had the nessage fastboot fikes written then when I went to the recovery mode.i did nit have the expected menue where wipe users data and install from zip file.i think I was not able to get the needed files of the superboot and the clock for ky build 15609 ,for my 2.2.2 351 version.So please just in 2 lines will you tell me after having the 2.4.3 on my sdcard .what else is needed and where can I gate the revivery files and super boot files for my mentioned build version Really appreciate any help

Confused! :blink:

Guest Xurram52

I've had almost no problems with 2.4.2.1, and I've heard that the 'Clock' app fc's in 2.4.3, which I use daily as an alarm.

It doesn't no more.... you really should give it a go.

Guest Xurram52

2.4.4 : youtube video lags in browser,more than it did before. Stock mp3 player jitters. Also, I see there is no v-sync enabled.

no 2.4.4 beta testing for me :-(

Guest Papi-jj

Hello Steve,

I already got two random reboots. The reboots happened seconds after closing the netflix app. I was viewing videos for a couple of hours, once I hit the exit button and press the power button to put the phone in sleep mode. The phone randomly rebooted after this. This is while using u r latest 2.4.4.1 rom. Can any other beta testers try this out. Watch Netflix for a while then close it or just hit the power button. Let it sit for a minute or so to see if it reboots.

Guest LTrifonov

Не. И аз съм с него и нямам такъв проблем. Работи си добре.

No. I'm with 2.4.3tun I have no such problem. Works well.

Благодаря, със рефлашване на фирмуера се оправи.

Thanks, reflashing solved the problem.

Guest vanemburghj

Steve, roughly 14 hours on 2.4.4 no fc's with anything I do, think you beat the adobe flash problem, tried multiple flash related tasks and zero fc's. Since I had it plugged in overnight will give battery drain update when I get home from work. Really think you have it running pretty damn close to perfect.

Guest Lloydie

A lot of the problems documented on here I do not have. I always do a clean install, no copying over a copy for me....I usually remove the extra apps from the Rom and install from fresh from market. I use titanium through trial and error to freeze a few unnecessary embedded things like the live wallpapers etc, vm heaptool @ 48 and memory booster set to Ultimate boost every 10 minutes with a 15% threshold. I use zeam launcher and Dolphin HD with flash 11.

The only user problems that I come up against is the BBC I player and the wifi which you have to disable / enable after a while.

This is indded a turning point in the Dell Streaks life where we are just beginning to glimpse the real potential of a really remarkable piece of kit...had a HD2 before, sold it on Ebay for 1 and a half, just before Microsoft pulled the plug on 6.5.

By the time Steve and Fards and the Beta's get finished with this it will be truly amazing. I only wish that I had 2 streaks....one for daily use and an experimental one.

Looking forward to a dual core 5 inch to back up this one.B)

Guest alert_bri

But do we expect Dell to be the ones to deliver the next Streak? The reports of MD blaming Android for the failure(!?) of the Dell Streak are baffling, to say the least.

Don't Dell have the sense to throw a big chunk of cash towards Stephen, and get him onboard for the Opus One we all want to see? Sheesh

Looking forward to beta testing 2.4.4

Brian

Guest hacktor

Alarm works perfectly fine, still use it to wake up. I, like others, have the clock force close when we set the time.

I wake up every morning to the stock alarm ;-)... i wonder it's happening to you ...

Guest mellojoe

Two requests, if you are taking such things:

#1) The clock in the status bar is in the middle of the screen. But incoming SMS previews also in the status bar overlap right over the top causing a bit of messyness. If we could move the clock to either one side or the other, or find a way to ensure they don't overlap, I think that might help clean up the look.

#2) a RESTART option in the power menu. Long press on the power button brings up three options: Power Off, Airplane, and Silent Mode. I would love to see just a REBOOT option on there.

THanks! Brilliant work on the ROM.

Guest nystreak

I'm getting fc's on the email app with 2.4.3. I'm getting the msgs but no notifications. I tried clearing the data but I still got the fc. Maybe reinstalling it with the terminal or root explorer might help, I'm just not sure how to do that.

Guest alert_bri

To those getting reboots on 2.4.3... Have you done a clean install, and reloaded your apps from scratch from the market?

I know it's a bit time consuming, but I've found a clean install prevents problems with app crashes.

Cheers

Brian

Guest King Konkueror

Steve, thank you very much. Just installed 2.4.3-tun, and its working beautifully.

The vpn works out-of-box, no need to insmod tun.ko, thats really nice.

Thank you again.

Guest aLpHa K7

To those getting reboots on 2.4.3... Have you done a clean install, and reloaded your apps from scratch from the market?

I know it's a bit time consuming, but I've found a clean install prevents problems with app crashes.

Cheers

Brian

I've tried both ways... clearing davlik cache, flashing the correct AMSS and DPS1, then installing the newest beta over the previous GingerStreak beta as well as dropping all the way back to base AT&T 2.2, and upgrading from there (flashing the recoveries, AMSS and DSP1) - still no luck. I don't get FCs fortunately, just the quick capacitive lights flash then my Streak reboots. This beta on my Streak has substantially less of them, but some reason I can't seem to figure out why it happens on mine. Before someone says "Flash AMSS and DSP1 to clear the flashing lights", my Streak's lights don't flash randomly. they only flash as a result of the reboot or the instant before the reboot (however you look at it)

Guest nystreak

I've removed the stock email app and now I can't figure out how to put it back. Can someone help me. sorry for being a pain. This is the only thread I trust.

Guest Azurren

I've removed the stock email app and now I can't figure out how to put it back. Can someone help me. sorry for being a pain. This is the only thread I trust.

reflashing the rom without wiping anything will restore it.. Along with anything else you previously deleted :P

Or you could just extract the email apk from system/app and manually move it to your system/app directory on your phone using an app like total commander :)

Its quite easy to do but I can't give you a step-by-step as there are so many variables here

Edited by Azurren

Guest aweAMsome

Don't Dell have the sense to throw a big chunk of cash towards Stephen, and get him onboard for the Opus One we all want to see? Sheesh

Looking forward to beta testing 2.4.4

Brian

'Get him onboard', if you mean working full time then I'm disagreed with you. I do not want Steve or Fards to join any Android mobile device company, 'WHY?', when you are working for a company (as I am for aircraft engineering), you are part of a team for the company and their objectives is to make money so in that respect we as a user will not benefit in any way. So my point is they should contracts Steve and Fards for their awesome works, this way Steve and fards will be on good money and we still be supported by them ... end off.

Edited by aweAMsome

Guest alert_bri

You make a valid point - Dell do seem to have been seriously lacking in their development team for the Streak... They could certainly use some help!

Brian

Guest jaw2floor

You make a valid point - Dell do seem to have been seriously lacking in their development team for the Streak... They could certainly use some help!

Brian

It's been discontinued by Dell.