[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest aweAMsome

You make a valid point - Dell do seem to have been seriously lacking in their development team for the Streak... They could certainly use some help!

Brian

Right you are Brian.:D

Guest nickshertzer

Finally got my replacement LCD+Glass today and fixed my broken screen!

In regards to the CRT animation...

I received this information from maxicet. The trick to getting the electron beam screen off animation to work properly is to edit the build.prop to enable rendering on the GPU.

Change this line from:

"debug.composition.type=mdp"

to:

"debug.composition.type=gpu"

Use root explorer in R/W, save and exit, and reboot. I read through the 52 previous pages in the thread and hadn't seen this mentioned yet. CRT animation working fine over here. Using 2.4.3-tun ROM.

Guest florin0904

Yeap it's working great, thanks nickshertzer. But why Dj_Steve din't activate the electron beam screen off animation. Maybe something is not right.

Edited by florin0904

Guest nystreak

reflashing the rom without wiping anything will restore it.. Along with anything else you previously deleted :P

Or you could just extract the email apk from system/app and manually move it to your system/app directory on your phone using an app like total commander :)

Its quite easy to do but I can't give you a step-by-step as there are so many variables here

Thank you. I did a fresh reinstall and all my fc probs (including twitter) seem to have been cured. Im getting the feeling factory reseting between flashs even on these incremental updates is necassary. Still having some flash 11 issues with the stock browser though. Prob get worked out in 2.4.4. Thanks again

Guest JOBooth

I'm rockin' 2.4.4-1 and am lovin it. No more flash problems. I'm still getting the random no wifi (connected, but no traffic) problem.

Best ROM yet, Steve & Fards!

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

I received this information from maxicet. The trick to getting the electron beam screen off animation to work properly is to edit the build.prop to enable rendering on the GPU.

Change this line from:

to:

Use root explorer in R/W, save and exit, and reboot. I read through the 52 previous pages in the thread and hadn't seen this mentioned yet. CRT animation working fine over here. Using 2.4.3-tun ROM.

Cool. Thanks

Guest Spencershaun

I will 2nd that they seem to think everything should be US lol laugh.gif

In the USA..

Contrary to popular believe the US is not the world :P

Edited by Spencershaun

Guest Spencershaun

Hi there people, The dj has always been great with his rom's for the streak dell dropped us from the start i would just like to ask people 2 donate to this guy he does this in his own time so we are happy with our streak running the latest releases i donated a few quid if every 1 did this the dj would be able to help us more so come on & donate even if its a £1

Update 27/10/11

2.4.3 live

changelog:

fixed gps (it works this time)

added translations to just about all system apps - check the locales list in settings :D

removed arabic support as it kills gps, i have included it as a seperate zip that you can flash if required but be aware it will break gps.

download link (main rom): http://mirror2.strea...treak-2.4.3.zip

download link: (arabic mod) : http://mirror2.strea...icmod-2.4.3.zip

edit: added a 3rd version of build with new kernel with internal tun vpn support

download: http://mirror2.strea...k-2.4.3-tun.zip

-------------------------------------------

FINAL UPDATE FOR THE 26/10/2011 @ 23:12

2.4.2.2 us live

changelog:

fixed gps

added hacker keyboard which i missed out

added back ics audio

download link: http://mirror2.strea...eak-2.4.2.2.zip

----------------------------------------------------------------

Update 26/10/2011 @ 13:27

2.4.2.1 is up

changelog:

Fixed Camera and video issue

fixed the locale issue in settings so uk english does exist now

added hackers keyboard from gs 2.3

download link: http://mirror2.strea...eak-2.4.2.1.zip

------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 26/10/2011 @ 00:36

ok some little cosmetic changes here

changelog

added ICS wallpapers + music app + notification audios

added arabic support partially at least it works in browser

added some cooler icons to settings and menus :)

fixed phone number formatting for uk, make sure locale is set in settings > language

also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :P - any amount is appreciated even more so at mo

GBP Donate | USD Donate

download link : http://mirror2.strea...treak-2.4.2.zip

Update 25/10/2011

Bigish update here folks

changelog:

Totally new kernel based on the mystery 4.05 source dell has dropped.

reoptimized some of the apps and reset the default user agent to mobile instead of desktop.

added the ICS Roboto font - looks drop dead gorgeous

centered the clock in the status bar, also looks quite nice

kernel changelog:

OVERCLOCKING to 1.267ghz but may not be stable at that speed on your device,

lots of diff io changes and perf mods,

still has some bugs tho folks so be careful and keep a backup around

also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :P - any amount is appreciated even more so at mo

GBP Donate | USD Donate

download link : http://mirrror2.stre...treak-2.4.1.zip

again amss and dsp are required flash

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

update 15/10/2011

Minor update today folks, changelog below, the file to download is the same as i only changed like 1 file in it that i forgot in the first version

changelog:

added modded libsqlite to increase db performance a little :)

-------

evening all.

Im back after some personal issues and work elsewhere,

and before anyone comments yes me and fards are collaborating on streakdroids gingerstreak builds so all of this is parts of both our works

got a new version of 2.3.3 built and ready for a bit wider beta test :)

changelog

using the kernel from fards gs beta2

modified memory management,

edited lots of different things in the build itself

also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :P - any amount is appreciated

GBP Donate | USD Donate

a new amss and dsp1 are required for this build to work properly.

links:

amss:

http://mirror2.strea...m/beta/amss.mbn

dsp1:

http://mirror2.strea...m/beta/dsp1.mbn

flash these using fastboot which im sure you all know how to do

download link for rom:

http://mirror2.strea...rStreak-2.4.zip

also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :P - any amount is appreciated

GBP Donate | USD Donate

BE AWARE THIS ROM IS BETA SO MAY HAVE WEIRD AND WONDERFUL BUGS

Edited by Spencershaun

Guest Stephen Hyde

Hi there people, The dj has always been great with his rom's for the streak dell dropped us from the start i would just like to ask people 2 donate to this guy he does this in his own time so we are happy with our streak running the latest releases i donated a few quid if every 1 did this the dj would be able to help us more so come on & donate even if its a £1

yes and much as i HATE actually asking for donations im going to need a fair few of them to help get some upgrades done to my build server ready for the ICS release

If you want to build Ice Cream Sandwich from AOSP(Android Open Source Project), these are the preliminary numbers that you should be looking at,

6GB of download.

25GB disk space to do a single build.

80GB disk space to build all AOSP configs at the same time.

16GB RAM recommended, more preferred, anything less will measurably benefit from using an SSD.

5+ hours of CPU time for a single build, 25+ minutes of wall time, as measured on a workstation (dual-E5620 i.e. 2x

quad-core 2.4GHz HT, with 24GB of RAM, no SSD).

Source

yes and much as i HATE actually asking for donations im going to need a fair few of them to help get some upgrades done to my build server ready for the ICS release

Edited by Guest

Ok, so with this build my wifi no traffic issues have gone away (dunno if it was something on my end or the ROM)... no problems with flash either... I had to flash and reset a couple of times to get 3G connectivity though, dunno is anyone experienced this also...

Minor thing also, I didn't have touch sounds when I press any keys or selected anything... I remember having it on 2.4.3 I'm pretty sure.ç

Great work Stephen, headed to first page now to throw a bone your way... I saw on Twitter you were working on your server....

Guest Stephen Hyde

yea i know the 'recommended' specs for ics compile lol, but my build server is currently:

intel Q8200

4gb ram

1x500gb hdd

1x2tb hdd

so cpu will be fine but i need to seriously up the ram which means replacing mainboard too as current one maxes out at 8gb

Guest nystreak

no one else is getting fc's with stock email app. i did a fresh install today of 2.4.3 and thought i had it licked but they're back. im getting the messeges but it seems to fc trying to notify me.

Edited by nystreak

I just posted so everybody can see that build from source need serious hardware.wink.gif

i know you know, i follow you on tweeter. laugh.gif

yea i know the 'recommended' specs for ics compile lol, but my build server is currently:

intel Q8200

4gb ram

1x500gb hdd

1x2tb hdd

so cpu will be fine but i need to seriously up the ram which means replacing mainboard too as current one maxes out at 8gb

Guest Stephen Hyde

:) well my server host just replied with rough pricing for upgrading mainboard and ram which comes to a quite sane $130 in total for new mainboard and 16gb ram:D

Guest JOBooth

I'll donate if you'll change your font ;-)

Guest Azurren

:) well my server host just replied with rough pricing for upgrading mainboard and ram which comes to a quite sane $130 in total for new mainboard and 16gb ram:D

That's extremely reasonable :o

Quick questions:

Will the Streak 5 ever be able to run ICS (With drivers etc.)?

Can't you just use a 16GB pagefile? (SSD)

Slow, yes

Guest coronet

Love the new font choice in this latest build, seems like things are a bit zippier in it, too. One request though: it it possible to move the clock back to the right instead of the center? Seems out of place in Android. Or at least a build option?

Guest mellojoe

Good trick, senor.

Thanks

Change this line from:

to: