[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

2.4.4.2.... I didn't think it could get much better, I love the power button icons and options being there. The touch sounds are back for me with this build... I haven't installed anything since I flashed it about 2 hours ago just to see what happens and it's all been good...

3 comments:

In my notification drop down it shows "No Service" although I have full bars and 3G is working just fine... could this be something in the build.prop I could modify maybe (just guessing)

I have a theme I cooked up in the UOT kitchen, when I flash it the Streak goes haywire with this build... it reboots to the Android boot animation and the power button does not work for some reason and I lose the sounds on button presses

I have an app I use called SeePU that I like to have in the status bar and with this buid it force closes, all other StreakDroid builds from 1.8 til 2.4.2.1 have taken it just fine

I helped you out with those upgrade funds a little :P

Guest Papi-jj
2.4.4.2.... I didn't think it could get much better, I love the power button icons and options being there. The touch sounds are back for me with this build... I haven't installed anything since I flashed it about 2 hours ago just to see what happens and it's all been good...

3 comments:

In my notification drop down it shows "No Service" although I have full bars and 3G is working just fine... could this be something in the build.prop I could modify maybe (just guessing)

I have a theme I cooked up in the UOT kitchen, when I flash it the Streak goes haywire with this build... it reboots to the Android boot animation and the power button does not work for some reason and I lose the sounds on button presses

I have an app I use called SeePU that I like to have in the status bar and with this buid it force closes, all other StreakDroid builds from 1.8 til 2.4.2.1 have taken it just fine

I helped you out with those upgrade funds a little

I am also a beta tester for 2.4.4.2. For the theme u coooked up is it from this rom or are you using a theme u built for previous 2.4 roms. The reason I ask is I tried using my theme from 2.4.1 and it did the same thing. Streak rebooted everytime. I think I might try to cook one up using the 2.4.4.2 framework. I have also got an issue where the touchscreen freezes then I have to boot the phone using the power button options. For some reason these ate the only buttons that work when screen and capacitive stop working. Other than that very smooth and looks great.

Edited by Papi-jj

Guest grassho

loving this rom(2.4.3). no problems at all, except the time being in the way when you get a text etc.

how do i change the default orientation to portrait?

Edited by grassho

Guest Crinos512

I already run 68gb swap file. But id rather not end up waitin 12+ hours for compile . And if i ever get alsa to play yes ics may work

Ye gods man.... a 68gb swap is insane! when you get your new server going set up a USB thumbdrive as the swap partition.... makes for a bitchin fast swap.

Guest Amalgation

Steve, would you have any use for a remote host ? I have a vm server here idling 22 hours a day which I could setup for your purposes:

AMD X6 1090T

16GB DDR3

2x 60GB OZC Vertex 3 SSD's

2x 600GB WD Sata2 discs

4TB external storage on gigabit lan.

on a 50Mbit line with 8Mbit upstream. I could easily setup a VM for you with whatever config you would like.

Edited by Amalgation

Hi all! Thank you DJ, thats the best ROM, I've ever installed on my Dell! Really perfect, no reboots, no blocks, perfect batery life. I just have one problem. I use Dolphin HD for browsing and i am using Desktop agent, not Android. And there is a problem for this ROM. When i go to a site with streaming video (youtube or something like this) and i want to watch something, it badword up and turn off the dolphin. Tried in fact with the original browser... the same. I dont know what is the problem but im sure you will gone fix it ;) Greatings from bulgaria!

Guest zAm1987

I found a (very) little bug in 2.4.3. If switched to German language, the battery percentage on the lockscreen (when nearly empty) shows just "%d%%" or something like that in brackets instead of the real value. The percentage when loading however works fine. Don't know if this is the case with other languages, too

By the way, is there a way to get the battery percentage shown on the statusbar? I tried with the good old uot kitchen version, but somehow it just wont work with 2.4.3 for me :S

Anyway, looking forward to the next version of this great rom ;)

Guest alert_bri

Steve, would you have any use for a remote host ? I have a vm server here idling 22 hours a day which I could setup for your purposes:

AMD X6 1090T

16GB DDR3

2x 600GB WD Sata2 discs

on a 50Mbit line with 8Mbit upstream. I could easily setup a VM for you with whatever config you would like.

I was just going to suggest that... wow, that's a fantastic offer - I hope Stephen can make use of it!

Cheers

Brian

Guest Stephen Hyde

AMD X6 1090T

16GB DDR3

2x 600GB WD Sata2 discs

My current build server is remote hosted (its a dedicated server hosted in usa) and much as id love to accept your very kind offer theirs a few things that worry me.

1. The android source is around 8gb and the 'repo' tool used to downllad it is damn good at maxxing out lines so id be quite wary of runnin said on a system esp if its on your home connection as it will kill any other usage until its done

2. Ics is goin to want ideally that entire 16gb to itself which no vm will be able to do nor would i want it to due to risks to server stability

Other than those thats a very kind offer until i can build up my current servers specs which at rate im going currently wont actually be long :) thanks to all

Guest Amalgation

theirs a few things that worry me.

1. The android source is around 8gb and the 'repo' tool used to downllad it is damn good at maxxing out lines so id be quite wary of runnin said on a system esp if its on your home connection as it will kill any other usage until its done

2. Ics is goin to want ideally that entire 16gb to itself which no vm will be able to do nor would i want it to due to risks to server stability

Well, it's there if you want to use it. But you are right of course. you are probably better of with a professional host though as I don't have a proper UPS or backup lines to prevent outages.

still:

1. Routers are running DD-WRT with packet shaper software so I can easily reserve a few % of bandwidth to prevent killing connections.

2. You are right, it's impossible to give a VM the full 16GB. I think 12GB would be the max a VM could use right now.

3. Server stability is not an issue, I've build this rig myself and have had it running for +12months without a single crash or hiccup. (usually running 2 - 4 vm's )

Hi all! Thank you DJ, thats the best ROM, I've ever installed on my Dell! Really perfect, no reboots, no blocks, perfect batery life. I just have one problem. I use Dolphin HD for browsing and i am using Desktop agent, not Android. And there is a problem for this ROM. When i go to a site with streaming video (youtube or something like this) and i want to watch something, it badword up and turn off the dolphin. Tried in fact with the original browser... the same. I dont know what is the problem but im sure you will gone fix it ;) Greatings from bulgaria!

Guest (InsertNameHere)

Even though this is a beta thread, if there is another closed beta being run at this time, ie: 2.4.4, 2.4.4.1 and 2.4.4.2 is it possible and can take part please?

Guest mellojoe

Would someone be kind enough to post instructions of how to go from 2.2.2 (351) rooted to this rom pretty please?

You would probably do well to search around a bit first, as this has been answered several times. It is a slightly complicated process and not something that can be simply explained in a one liner. Also, this thread is for discussion about the development of this specific ROM, not for how to modify your phone. You should probably ask in a seperate thread.

Would someone be kind enough to post instructions of how to go from 2.2.2 (351) rooted to this rom pretty please?

Dude, did you not read the VERY FIRST POST? Honestly if you can't make out how to flash this ROM with what's provided in the OP then you need to stay with a ROM not in beta because this one changes almost daily. BUT against my better judgement I'm gonna briefly tell ya what to do, but not HOW to do it.

1 Make sure you have StreakMod recovery installed

2 Make sure you have the ROM and the install.txt file on the root of your SD card

3 Flash amss and dsp1 files to your phone

4 Flash the ROM and do a factory reset before booting

If you scratched your head on ANY of these steps, then you are not quite ready to use a beta ROM, do some more reading and come back to it

Guest mellojoe

RANDOM REBOOT REPORT

I just had two random reboots, my first with 2.4.3. One after downloading the Google+ app from the market yesterday. And the second after running the Google+ app today. I don't know if the two are tied together, but maybe?

Guest hacktor

I didn't think that this ROM used the instal.txt file.

Dude, did you not read the VERY FIRST POST? Honestly if you can't make out how to flash this ROM with what's provided in the OP then you need to stay with a ROM not in beta because this one changes almost daily. BUT against my better judgement I'm gonna briefly tell ya what to do, but not HOW to do it.

1 Make sure you have StreakMod recovery installed

2 Make sure you have the ROM and the install.txt file on the root of your SD card

3 Flash amss and dsp1 files to your phone

4 Flash the ROM and do a factory reset before booting

If you scratched your head on ANY of these steps, then you are not quite ready to use a beta ROM, do some more reading and come back to it

Guest Matt Bernius

Check out the wiki page for the Rom for detailed install instructions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/StreakDroid_GingerStreak_2.4_Beta

And last I checked, the install file is not in this build. It was scheduled to return with 2.4.4.