[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest tellisnz

Just discovered a bug with the new music app. At least for me it looses it's library fevery few reboots and can't find the files anymore (they are still on the sd card).

I reverted back to the "old" music app by renaming them in the system/app folder and had no problems since then. Seems to be a problem only with the the app I guess.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

GPS is definitely not working (for me) as I tried nearly every possible order, option, app and version without getting it to work.

Will test HDMI output tomorrow.

Did you try this out, zAm1987?

As this is built off of Dell's source, is HDMI working? Last I remember you could only use it with Dell's stock player but I'm assuming this would have been removed from the rom.. Anyone have it and has tried it out?

Guest Matt Bernius

### Upgrade Question re: 2.4.3 & Camera ###

I'm running 2.4.3 after updating from 2.4.2.2 (I think). Just realized that the camera is still not working. Was this a known bug with 2.4.3? Or do I have to wipe and reinstall from scratch to fix the camera?

Guest Papi-jj
### Upgrade Question re: 2.4.3 & Camera ###

I'm running 2.4.3 after updating from 2.4.2.2 (I think). Just realized that the camera is still not working. Was this a known bug with 2.4.3? Or do I have to wipe and reinstall from scratch to fix the camera?

Yes do a factory reset. Camera should be working on 2.4.3.

Guest zAm1987

Did you try this out, zAm1987?

As this is built off of Dell's source, is HDMI working? Last I remember you could only use it with Dell's stock player but I'm assuming this would have been removed from the rom.. Anyone have it and has tried it out?

Yes I tested it. HDMI out works just fine with the stock player of this rom ("Music.apk") ;)

Edited by zAm1987

Guest alert_bri

Wifi seems much more stable on 2.4.4-2

Anyone else noticed that?

Ya big tease ;)

Hopefully Stephen will have the next big release tonight... and we'll let you know.

Brian

Guest tellisnz

Yes I tested it. HDMI out works just fine with the stock player of this rom ("Music.apk") ;)

Ah so just audio out? No camera video with stock video player or gallery? Anyone ever found a player that can play h264 out via HDMI from the dock or is that simply just too proprietary/locked down?

Guest zAm1987

I haven't tested it with videos, because there were no video files on my streak/sc card and the gallery has no "HDMI" Button like the music player.

I can just talk of music output and this works fine ;)

Wifi seems much more stable on 2.4.4-2

Anyone else noticed that?

Dude I thought so too, even posted it a couple pages back, but on day 2 now of running 2.4.4.2 and having wifi issues again. I thought it was an app maybe doing it so last night I started from scratch ONCE again and hadn't installed absolutely anything, and this morning it wouldn't connect until I forget the wifi network, rebooted and then programmed the network again. It's ok for a while but if I use it several times and don't use the wifi and let the screen shut down, about the 4th or 5th time I revive it and then try to use wifi, it won't connect and I have to toggle on and off or restart the network altogether.... this is my ONLY problem with this build

So Stephen and some of you other more experienced devs can maybe give us a hint on something we can try I'd love to hear it...

Thanks Stephen and fards, the rest of this ROM is kickass, I'd just like to be able to theme it. Mentioned that a couple pages back also, when I try to install an UOT kitchen theme then it freaks out

Guest The Beast in Black

no one else is getting fc's with stock email app. i did a fresh install today of 2.4.3 and thought i had it licked but they're back. im getting the messeges but it seems to fc trying to notify me.

Beta report 2.4.4-2

Email FC upon new message notification. Afterwards, no new messages including after manually hitting refresh. Sync'd with corporate Exchange account.

I can confirm the Email FC issue on 2.4.1 and 2.4.3. I have not tried 2.4.2.x. The Email FC Issue did not happen on 2.4.

In addition to FC'ing on the receipt of a new message, it randomly FCs while composing a message.

Also, my voice search is also FC'ing, though it doesn't look like anyone else has reported this.

Looking forward to the next version to see if it cures these issues :). Steve/Fards, thanks for all your work on this ROM. Donation coming along as soon as i get paid.

can be implemented in next release, maybe?

not the app, but the DNS.

Open DNS:

Google DNS:

Beat me 2 it lol & it does work

Guest Charliest

I am have been running 2.4.2 for a couple of days. This afternoon, I found the screen frozen and dark and the battery hot. I needed to pull the battery. I have seen this before on not only the Streak, but a couple of Samsung phones running various Froyo and GB builds.

Does anyone have similar experiences?

Guest Spencershaun

Never had thisunsure.gif

I am have been running 2.4.2 for a couple of days. This afternoon, I found the screen frozen and dark and the battery hot. I needed to pull the battery. I have seen this before on not only the Streak, but a couple of Samsung phones running various Froyo and GB builds.

Guest kidrock23

I am using 2.4.3 no issues with wifi

Not sure about the email app as I don't use it.

I use touchdown..no issues there on my corporate email network.

No fcs but have had a couple of reboots when using the browser.

Edited by kidrock23

Guest schnill

I just flashed my Dell Streak and now the Green Android Splash Screen keeps repeating and the phone would not go beyond that.. i tried GingerStreak-2.4.3-tun and GingerStreak-2.4.3 main rom .. still the result is same, any suggestions?

Regret if this has been asked earlier...

Guest Spencershaun

Follow the instructions in the previous posts they will help u wink.gif

I just flashed my Dell Streak and now the Green Android Splash Screen keeps repeating and the phone would not go beyond that.. i tried GingerStreak-2.4.3-tun and GingerStreak-2.4.3 main rom .. still the result is same, any suggestions?

Regret if this has been asked earlier...

Guest alex3305

I have fixed the Phone bug whereby it cannot be used while using a high dpi setting (ie. 200dpi+). I have downloaded and tried a lot of different apk's to fix this problem, but the answer was again at DJ_Steve. The StreakDroid 2.0 (first 2.3 rom for Streak5) apps worked wonderful.

For all of you I have packed the necessary applications for fixing this issue.

Download:

http://www.multiupload.com/IGT8HPFPXB

Requirements:

• ADB (included in MultiRecoveryFlasher)
    Instructions:
  1. Open a command shell (cmd in Windows, terminal in *nix or OSX)
  2. Run adb remount for r+w mounting /system/
  3. Unpack the apps somewhere on your computer where you can easily access them from the command line
  4. Push all apps by using:
    adb push <PATH TO APP> /system/app

Example: adb push /apps/Phone.apk /system/app

5. Done!
  6. Reboot just to be sure by using
adb reboot[/]

You can also remove all the application storage before flashing the new apps. Maybe someone can make a flashable zip or DJ_Steve can include this in StreakDroid.

Thanks for the nice GB rom DJ_Steve!

Guest Virtu300

I am running Gingerstreak 2.4.3 and have run in to this twice in approximately 5 days or so...

Guest alert_bri

What clock rate / governor are you using?

This build is nippy enough with 'on demand' and 245-998MHz and the battery life is around the best I've seen on any ROM.

Cheers

Brian

Guest zAm1987

I am running Gingerstreak 2.4.3 and have run in to this twice in approximately 5 days or so...

Are you guys running the cpu above 1ghz? I only had these "battery pull" situations with overclocking enabled. Since the cpu is running only in its ordinary speed range, the problems seem to be gone...

EDIT: Poster above me was faster ;)

Edited by zAm1987

Guest Charliest

I am not overclocking at all. Perhaps I should try to underclock as an experiment.

Are you guy running the cpu above 1ghz? I only had these "battery pull" situations with overclocking enabled. Since the cpu is running only in its ordinary speed range, the problems seem to be gone...

EDIT: Poster above me was faster ;)

Guest schnill

Follow the instructions in the previous posts they will help u wink.gif

i tired to search.. however the site seems to die on me.. if you could guide me to that post.. it will be much apreciated.