[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Spencershaun

Cheers for the info the DJ will be watching (rolleyes.gif) my wifi has been fine tho never heard of SEEpu will have ago on mine cool.gif

I'm overclocked to 1.19 but not having any issues other than the wifi signal cutting out and having to jump hoops to get it back, no force closes on any apps except the SeePU app I liked using in my status bar, no email issues or sudden reboots either

Guest Spencershaun

SEEpu Does force close on mine too i wonder if its GB compatible ? just been reading on some post & a lot of devices have been having FCs blink.gif

Edited by Spencershaun

SEEpu Does force close on mine too i wonder if its GB compatible ? just been reading on some post & a lot of devices have been having FCs blink.gif

Yeah I've been using it on all build until it started FCing on 2.4.4.1... Worked fine on 2.4.3

Guest jeremybright

Running 2.4.3 overall very stable. I was getting some random reboots and occasional sleep of death. I have reinstalled and rewiped data seems to have fixed this.

Only issue I seem to be having is related to Flash. If I run the browser in mobile mode flash loads up fullscreen and runs no problem. However if I attempt to run UA as desktop it will close the browser prior to video starting. Minor issue for me since I don't stream tons of content but I generally prefer to run as desktop since a lot of sites do not have full content for mobile browsers. This seems to be a new issue for 2.4.3 as I was able to stream in previous versions with UA set as desktop.

Wondering if anyone has a fix or can confirm the issue.

By issue I mean only being able to run in mobile mode I know several people have been having flash issues.

Edited by jeremybright

Guest Azurren

Yeah mines working fine again now..

I have had this issue on 1.9.1 and on simple streak before.. No idea what causes it but every so often my streak will just "break" after a clean flash :S

Guest Virtu300

Does anyone have problems ending calls on 2.4.3? Sometimes the screen goes unresponsive and if the other person doesnt hangup i cant do anything :(

Try touching a different area of the screen, ie the pause button. That usually does the trick for me.

Worst case scenario, go into Settings, Accessibility, and program the power button to end calls.

General question.

I see a lot of people on here talking about battery calibration. What does everyone use?

Absolutely no need to use anything, just boot to StreakMod recovery, advanced settings and scroll down to wipe the battery stats, that's pretty much it. Before you wipe the stats make sure you have reached 100% plus leave the charger on for about another 15 minutes, then go wipe your stats, boot back into Android, wait a couple of minutes and then unplug your cable. DO NOT plug the cable in again until your Streak dies completely, then let it charge while OFF up to 100% again. Your battery should now be calibrated....

At least this is the method I use, others may vary somewhat but this works for me

Guest hacktor

Thank you. That's what I was assuming, just making sure. Charging up now.

Absolutely no need to use anything, just boot to StreakMod recovery, advanced settings and scroll down to wipe the battery stats, that's pretty much it. Before you wipe the stats make sure you have reached 100% plus leave the charger on for about another 15 minutes, then go wipe your stats, boot back into Android, wait a couple of minutes and then unplug your cable. DO NOT plug the cable in again until your Streak dies completely, then let it charge while OFF up to 100% again. Your battery should now be calibrated....

At least this is the method I use, others may vary somewhat but this works for me

Try touching a different area of the screen, ie the pause button. That usually does the trick for me.

Worst case scenario, go into Settings, Accessibility, and program the power button to end calls.

Yeah I set the power button to end calls. Thanks.

Guest at_homeuk

Having issues with Dell Stage on GB 2.4.4-2 anyone else seeing music widget not playing and phone app from stage launcher reporting (application not installed on phone) tks everyone in advance.

Guest wavecxs

2.4.3 is the most stable version (yet) for me. I just had 1 random reboot and 2 sleep-of-death in 3 days. everything is working fine, battery life is great.

there are instances though where there is a delay in waking up the screen (pressing the power button), I'm nervous when this happens because I though the streak is having one of those sleep-of-death but alas it wakes up (the delay is take half a second to a second long.. the longest is more than a second.).

other issues remain:

- installing opengl drivers from chainfire3d kills the gps (no biggie as i now learned to let go of the tegra games i love playing)

- sometimes the streak will be unresponsive but all of a sudden it will just come to life.

Thanks steve and fards for providing this wonderful rom.

Guest alert_bri

Well, I followed the process listed several times throughout this thread - to do a fully clean install and installed all of my apps from the market rather than from a backup... and 2.4.3 (at least with 'on demand' governor and standard clock rate) is completely stable. Only the known (and fixed for next release) issue of embedded flash / iplayer fail remains.

As I've repeated above, follow the install instructions to the letter and then report any remaining issues...

Kind regards

Brian

Guest Lloydie

I just noted that in /etc there is (on my phone at any rate) a flashplayer.apk file. Should this be here?

Initially you were supposed to remove it and re install the flash 11 from market.:unsure:

Streak runs @ 1.19....but better on Set on boot, max 1.15, min .768, scaling ondemand :D

Edited by Lloydie

Guest dynmeth

I am on 2.4.1 as Email does not FC. I had the problem in 2.4.3.

I had FC with Email in 2.4.3 too (connected to Exchange).

I replaced it with the Email.apk from android-2.3.7_r1 and seems to work well.

Guest pjg_pigeon

I am as eager as the next streaker to get his hands on the next version, but dj / fards etc are not going to want to see endless whining and whingeing from desperate members.

Surely we all trust those amazing dev's, so lets just leave them to do what they do best.

Can we all agree to never mention it again. Pleeeaasssee. Lol:-)

Edited by pjg_pigeon

Guest Sean Jones

Initially you were supposed to remove it and re install the flash 11 from market.:unsure:

This was after uninstalling the app. And when installed the apks don't usually live in /etc do they. It certainly hasn't reappeared after I manually deleted it and reinstalled it from the market.

Guest alert_bri

There are so many alternative governors available in this ROM... Does anyone have any suggestions for how to test them against each other to establish the best option?

Cheers

Brian