[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest wavecxs

the gps is a strange issue, it seems to be affecting "selected" users only. the strange thing happened, my gps problem is back on 2.4.1, it was ok a while back but i just made a routine check and there.. its problematic now :(

Edited by wavecxs

the gps is a strange issue, it seems to be affecting "selected" users only. the strange thing happened, my gps problem is back on 2.4.1, it was ok a while back but i just made a routine check and there.. its problematic now :(

Dumb question: Would a reflash through fastboot of amss and dsp1 fles solve the issue? I'm on 2421 with gps issue, planing on flashing 2422 to se if it improves, but I did not have gps issue on 24, 241 and 242, only on 2421. Only from 24 to 241 did I reflashed dsp1 and amss; on the other upgrades, I did not. I was on 242 only for a few housrs, cause 2421 came out so fast :lol: !

Guest kidrock23

CTR animation working at 140 DPI for me: but its slow. When I revert back to 160 it is not working. Weird.

GPS is not working :( I can live without it till its fixed..harly use it anway....

I will probably reload the 351 firmware and start afresh with gingerbread today.

Thanks Stephen...awaiting the next update :)

Regards

Charles

Guest wavecxs

^^^

worth a try but i am not optimistic about it. in my case gps did not worked on any 2.4.x variant except for 2.4.1. Just now i re-flashed 2.4.1 and my problematic gps is now working. it seems that flashing a 2.4.1 (in my case) always makes the gps worked.

I did not do a factory reset, just clearing of cache...

^^^

worth a try but i am not optimistic about it. in my case gps did not worked on any 2.4.x variant except for 2.4.1. Just now i re-flashed 2.4.1 and my problematic gps is now working. it seems that flashing a 2.4.1 (in my case) always makes the gps worked.

I did not do a factory reset, just clearing of cache...

When I first installed 24 I followed instructions here and updated from 360 (I have a post on that). When I updtated from one buid to another I wiped chace/data (not dalvik), rebooted, flashed rom, dell factory reset before boot (fist menu of recovery) and boot up normally. didn't have any wifi or camera issues on any build and GPS worked fine always up to 2421. I'll flash amms , desp1 and 2422 at lunch and see what happens.

Guest mudcruzr

This is torture, my streak is away to get the screen replaced (don't ask) and all this rom activity is happening. I haven't even downloaded any of these roms because the versions are changing so fast and I'm not scheduled to get my phone back until Tuesday or Wednesday next week, hell we could be on ICS by then at this rate biggrin.gif

- mud - missing my streak sad.gif

Guest zAm1987

Could you please elaborate on how you did your update?

Which rom did you have installed previously?

Did you do a full clean of cache, factory reset etc, or simple overlay?

I came from GingerStreak 2.4.2.1 which was flashed exactly in the order thats posted somewhere in this thread.

In 2.4.2.1. the GPS problem occured and so I just flashed 2.4.2.2 over it when it came out. Have not cleared cache, data, or whatever. Just flashed 2.4.2.2 over 2.4.2.1.

My GPS is working and I have the "CRT-Animation" as it is called here.

Edited by zAm1987

Guest MySeLfPT

its not a nexus exclusive its a standard feature of 2.3 its just not enabled by default, it also exists in honeycomb. and you may need to disable then enable anims to see it - its a bit random if it works or not

working on fixing gps now

Thank you for clarification. I was outdated on the subject as I remember searching for that months ago and never tried it again since then.

Btw... I can't try your new updates because my streak is borked right now (screen cracked), but I will definitly donate as soon as I get to try it.

I asked you once but I don't remember if you actually started using it. Do you accept bitcoins?

Keep up the good work! :)

Guest alert_bri

Thanks Steve, I hadn't seen that effect yet (came from 2.4.1 to 2.4.2.2) - but it does look cool.

Interesting report above by zAm1987, could there be some interaction between 2.4.2.1 (which I skipped) and 2.4.2.2 which results in the GPS and electron beam effect working when 2.4.2.2 is just flashed over?

Cheers

Brian

Edited by alert_bri

Flashed 2422 with amss and dsp update, cleared cache/data: gps still gone. Reflashed 242, got gps back.Flashed 2422 over, without clearing cache or anything else and gps is gone. So clearing data, cache or reflasing amss and dsp1, for.me, has no effect: I loose gps when I flash 2422.as for crt animation, can someone post a video of it? I dong know if o have it or had before. Gps is a bummer, I use it alot. Probably reflash 242 until a solution is found. Hope my information is useful to the devs in sorting this out.

EDIT: as for the crt efect video request: nevermind, in 242 I saw it, I think (it darkens the creen from outside edges to the center, right? Looks very good. Also in 242 GPS is working fine. I simply flashed over 2422, without even clearing data or apps.

Edited by nalpt

Guest hacktor

I have gone back to 2.4.1. It seems to be the most stable build for my personal use. My GPS is working. Facebook is now working again. I have no pretty icons or the lock screen animation, but I think I can live without that for now.

We should probably get a poll going on what experiences different users have with the different builds as the errors vary from user to user.

DJ Steve, is that something that would be helpful?

Guest Spencershaun

Just donated £3.00 m8 keep up the good work biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

FINAL UPDATE FOR THE 26/10/2011 @ 23:12

2.4.2.2 us live

changelog:

fixed gps

added hacker keyboard which i missed out

added back ics audio

download link: http://mirror2.strea...eak-2.4.2.2.zip

----------------------------------------------------------------

Update 26/10/2011 @ 13:27

2.4.2.1 is up

changelog:

Fixed Camera and video issue

fixed the locale issue in settings so uk english does exist now

added hackers keyboard from gs 2.3

download link: http://mirror2.strea...eak-2.4.2.1.zip

------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 26/10/2011 @ 00:36

ok some little cosmetic changes here

changelog

added ICS wallpapers + music app + notification audios

added arabic support partially at least it works in browser

added some cooler icons to settings and menus :)

fixed phone number formatting for uk, make sure locale is set in settings > language

also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :P - any amount is appreciated even more so at mo

GBP Donate | USD Donate

download link : http://mirror2.strea...treak-2.4.2.zip

Update 25/10/2011

Bigish update here folks

changelog:

Totally new kernel based on the mystery 4.05 source dell has dropped.

reoptimized some of the apps and reset the default user agent to mobile instead of desktop.

added the ICS Roboto font - looks drop dead gorgeous

centered the clock in the status bar, also looks quite nice

kernel changelog:

OVERCLOCKING to 1.267ghz but may not be stable at that speed on your device,

lots of diff io changes and perf mods,

still has some bugs tho folks so be careful and keep a backup around

also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :P - any amount is appreciated even more so at mo

GBP Donate | USD Donate

download link : http://mirrror2.stre...treak-2.4.1.zip

again amss and dsp are required flash

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

update 15/10/2011

Minor update today folks, changelog below, the file to download is the same as i only changed like 1 file in it that i forgot in the first version

changelog:

added modded libsqlite to increase db performance a little :)

-------

evening all.

Im back after some personal issues and work elsewhere,

and before anyone comments yes me and fards are collaborating on streakdroids gingerstreak builds so all of this is parts of both our works

got a new version of 2.3.3 built and ready for a bit wider beta test :)

changelog

using the kernel from fards gs beta2

modified memory management,

edited lots of different things in the build itself

also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :P - any amount is appreciated

GBP Donate | USD Donate

a new amss and dsp1 are required for this build to work properly.

links:

amss:

http://mirror2.strea...m/beta/amss.mbn

dsp1:

http://mirror2.strea...m/beta/dsp1.mbn

flash these using fastboot which im sure you all know how to do

download link for rom:

http://mirror2.strea...rStreak-2.4.zip

also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :P - any amount is appreciated

GBP Donate | USD Donate

BE AWARE THIS ROM IS BETA SO MAY HAVE WEIRD AND WONDERFUL BUGS

Guest Xurram52

Great job man ..!!!

problem areas ... GPS as all have reported "not working" ... i got so excited when i read the 2.4.2.2 was up that i actually flashed it before i left for work ... still was sad to see that the GPS problem still remained. Everything else is working just fine ..

please fix the GPS issue .. i use it a lot for work and well ... do consider our request

great job still man .... really impressive ...

facebook crashes ... hmm minor issue ... :-)

Guest jaw2floor

Is it just me on the menu animations happen much faster than they do normally. For example, pressing the 'Home' button to go back to the homescreen, the animation happens very quickly. Also in the setting, when I select a category the sliding transition happens very quickly. That also involves going back in settings.

Or is it just a part of Gingerbread?

Guest maxicet
GPS_fix.zip For all those who have problems with GPS and / or wireless networks (WiFi-Bluetooth-3G), try to flash the attached file with Streakmod recovery...not necessary but better if you make a nandroid first... Edited by maxicet

GPS_fix.zip For all those who have problems with GPS and / or wireless networks (WiFi-Bluetooth-3G), try to flash the attached file with Streakmod recovery...not necessary but better if you make a nandroid first...

I was just about to post maxicet when I saw your fix, tried it and didn't help me out any.... so as many others I'm having GPS issues, it "works" with Google Maps but there is no icon, with other navigation programs like Waze and Locus and Sygic, I can't get a fix even trying to use GPS Doctor, only with Google Maps.

I have another issue, my wifi keeps dropping out so I replace my wpa-supplicant file with an older one from 1.9.0 and it didn't do any good, I have to toggle wifi a couple of times before I regain connectivity sometimes, but the phone doesn't necessarily have to go to sleep, it will just drop out all of a sudden.

NOT having any 3G issues at all, connectivity there is solid and never lose the signal, it's been my savior so far

Guest streak5

GPS_fix.zip For all those who have problems with GPS and / or wireless networks (WiFi-Bluetooth-3G), try to flash the attached file with Streakmod recovery...not necessary but better if you make a nandroid first...

Grazie tanto!

Edit: Just tried but no dice. Thank you for the effort though!

Edited by streak5

Guest maxicet

I was just about to post maxicet when I saw your fix, tried it and didn't help me out any.... so as many others I'm having GPS issues, it "works" with Google Maps but there is no icon, with other navigation programs like Waze and Locus and Sygic, I can't get a fix even trying to use GPS Doctor, only with Google Maps.

I have another issue, my wifi keeps dropping out so I replace my wpa-supplicant file with an older one from 1.9.0 and it didn't do any good, I have to toggle wifi a couple of times before I regain connectivity sometimes, but the phone doesn't necessarily have to go to sleep, it will just drop out all of a sudden.

NOT having any 3G issues at all, connectivity there is solid and never lose the signal, it's been my savior so far

Strange thing is that with my 1.0 and 1.1 roms (based on 2.4 and 2.4.1 kernel), all works fine.....also CRT animation...Bah!..:rolleyes:

Guest Stephen Hyde

the 'working' gps in gmaps is not gps its wifi location, im trying to work out what breaks gps as i type, tho ive got a suspicision its something in the framework-res

Guest Lloydie

the 'working' gps in gmaps is not gps its wifi location, im trying to work out what breaks gps as i type, tho ive got a suspicision its something in the framework-res

Shame about the GPS Kimosabie...very nice looking, feeling ROM...gotta be one of your best yet!