GEN 3 is not clear for me..

Guest Zunex

Guest hedgepigdaniel

wow lol after seeing all that it seems extremely complicated lol think i will give that a miss until someone who is really clever makes a one click way like that tpt thing lol , Doing all that is way over my head!

to cut the story short, Gen2 is not compatible with Gen3.

wow lol after seeing all that it seems extremely complicated lol think i will give that a miss until someone who is really clever makes a one click way like that tpt thing lol , Doing all that is way over my head!

There's no point in gen3 at the moment anyway.

Guest shmizan

I wonder how Gen 3 differs to Gen 2, regarding the radio partition.

no point in talking about 2G/3G 850 MHz right? :lol: that Gen 2 story all over again..

what is the point in this Gen then?

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Is theer any advantage to Gen3? Improved signal? HSUPA? Better 2G/3G switching? Anything at all?

I don't ever want to hear about HSUPA again.

Its luck of the draw if hsupa is available in your area

its not in my area

92416196.png

1531947460.png

1531945930.png

This is what three say

How fast is it?

When talking about Mobile Broadband speed, some mobile operators refer to the theoretical maximum speed, known as the technical standard. In reality, it’s not possible to achieve this speed and we want to be honest with you about what you can expect. Even though our network’s theoretical maximum speed is 7.2Mbps, you’ll actually experience up to 5.6Mbps.

They dont mention upstream

Now that was one of the reasons i was interested, hsupa, see i tether a lot lol as im on three and any speed increase would be real cool!

Edited by Shonk

Guest sej7278

We are still waiting for kernel source for gen3 rom

is it possible to use the proprietary libs with cm7 gen2 (not sure where the last bunch came from)? are they actually better or just newer?

Guest swukjay

Good point but before i used to use a e585 mifi but three can now detect if your putting the sim in one and it warns you not to! I think they do it via the imei and unless you could change the imei which is very naughty there is no way around it! but that used to give excellent speeds and it has the same specs as the blade hsdpa/hsupa so any speed boost would be cool :P

Guest wishmasterf

Please correct me if i am wrong:

* Gen3 has speed improvement and hsupa

* There is no way to update to gen2 to gen3 only go back to gen1 and then update gen3

* gen3 is only possible with windows?

* Roms for gen2 do not work on gen3

* There is no (kernel-)source for gen3

Please also tell me if the above statements are true.

Guest wishmasterf

Top four are false

Thanks for your answer. Could you link me where i can find the way to update to gen3 from gen2 and tell me what are the improments in gen3.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hecatae

is it possible to use the proprietary libs with cm7 gen2 (not sure where the last bunch came from)? are they actually better or just newer?

tried kanging it and libloc.so is missing from the official gen3 rom

last bunch came from gen2 saunalathi rom as far as i recall