MEDION P4310 (ZTE SKATE) Android 2.3.5

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest utternoob

Press and hold volume up and menu (middle button) and then power on. Should get a message saying installing update from t-card

Guest Der_Floo

Press and hold volume up and menu (middle button) and then power on. Should get a message saying installing update from t-card

yip. i sayed it.

Guest utternoob

yip. i sayed it.

Just checking. It is like applying a tpt. Is clockwork working? Can you load another rom and install tpt helper?

Guest cryoglobe

indeed ... the flashing is ok ... ( forgot the menu ... with the volume up & power )

( same screen as for tpt partitions , etc )

edit :

In fact , I should really have the same "image" for the stock medion .. that would really be easy ! ;)

I'm indeed back in android , with this ZTE image

What next then .. to install a Medion stock rom

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest Der_Floo

indeed ... the flashing is ok ... ( forgot the menu ... with the volume up & power )

( same screen as for tpt partitions , etc )

so you are on stock now?

Guest cryoglobe

Stock ZTE : yes

Next step is to go back to a stock medion .. to package it and send it to the support because of GPS issue

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest cryoglobe

My gps is not working ... really issue to fix anything ...

So , I have to send the phone back to Medion for investigations ...

( I just tried the GPS with this ZTE rom, it's not better .. so It must really be hardware issue , not software or rom related )

I could send it as this .. to MEDION .... saying I have simply tried a ZTE update on my phone as "last test" before sending it back to them..

Do you think they could complains ?

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest Der_Floo

My gps is not working ... really issue to fix anything ...

So , I have to send the phone back to Medion for investigations ...

( I just tried the GPS with this ZTE rom, it's not better .. so It must really be hardware issue , not software or rom related )

wich means not working?

Guest cryoglobe

No .. I'm using a GPS tool ... that shows the number of satelites ... etc ... on my Medion Skate .. I have maybe 1 after 10 minutes

on the one of my wife , it's 7 to 9 in a couple of seconds ... it's the same speed on my blade ...

And it was that fast on my skate before "something" happened ( I don't know what ) from one day to another ...it was not working anymore ( while that day , I did not even touch my rom ,etc )

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest Der_Floo

No .. I'm using a GPS tool ... that shows the number of satelites ... etc ... on my Medion Skate .. I have maybe 1 after 10 minutes

on the one of my wife , it's 7 to 9 in a couple of seconds ... it's the same speed on my blade ...

And it was that fast on my skate before "something" happened ( I don't know what ) from one day to another ...it was not working anymore ( while that day , I did not even touch my rom ,etc )

ok ok ...so you are german ? than i understand you better and can maybe help better :)

Guest Der_Floo

I'm from Belgium .... french is my 1rst language ( not really german )

oh ok thanks ;)

send it baq to medion :) or use it with ZTE stock..:)

Guest cryoglobe

If the ZTE stock is fine ... it' s not solving the issue with the GPS ..

and a smartphone as the skate without a working GPS is for me like a car whith only 3 wheels

I'll see what I can do to re-install a stock medion .. on it ... if I can't really reach the goal , i'll send it back with a default ZTE rom ... which is maybe the most acceptable situation for the Medion support ... I hope

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest Der_Floo

If the ZTE stock is fine ... it' s not solving the issue with the GPS ..

and a smartphone as the skate without a working GPS is for me like a car whith only 3 wheels

I'll see what I can do to re-install a stock medion .. on it ... if I can't really reach the goal , i'll send it back with a default ZTE rom ... which is maybe the most acceptable situation for the Medion support ... I hope

yes do it . by the way . a few month ago i tryed too, to restore my medion to medion stock. and i only come to a medion logo with a following black screen too :)

Guest cryoglobe

ha ... der flo .. and what did you do then ???

I hope you still have a working GPS ? and you did not had to send it back to Medion ?

Guest cryoglobe

Time is running for me .... I'll have to send it to Medion with a ZTE Stock rom ...

Hope I'll not have to pay something because of that , even if it's under warranty!!!

Anyway , I would like to thank you all for your advices , comments , files , and time !!

That's really nice to see such community ... I think I'll stick to ZTE smartphone for a long time , especially because of that !!!

Guest Der_Floo

for my curiosity ;

What rom do you use now ? der floo ?

Why did you wanted to go back to the stock rom of medion ?

mh i cant say it because i change my rom every day..:) now im using AtomicMod..it is the best rom..but sometimes i use CM9 or CM7 ...

i would go back stock because i only would see how it look like when i take out of the box :D

Guest cryoglobe

AtomicMod ; it was the one I was using ... in fact I was still in the old release 4 when my gps start failing ... I did the upgrade to R13 without any changes ...

Hopefully I can use my Blade while the Skate is back to the support ... :)

But the Blade Mix360 already miss the sliding shortcuts bar ... to reach all the settings :)

Should maybe get use to it .. or fine another rom

Guest Der_Floo

AtomicMod ; it was the one I was using ... in fact I was still in the old release 4 when my gps start failing ... I did the upgrade to R13 without any changes ...

Hopefully I can use my Blade while the Skate is back to the support ... :)

But the Blade Mix360 already miss the sliding shortcuts bar ... to reach all the settings :)

Should maybe get use to it .. or fine another rom

maybe you can try the touchwiz rom for me ?! :) its only for blade :) you can find it in the blade forum here..

Guest cryoglobe

I'll put a note in my todo :) .. do you have the plan to come back to a blade ?

time to go & get some sleep for me for today .. the package to send to Medion is ready :)

Edited by cryoglobe

Guest Der_Floo

I'll put a note in my todo :) .. do you have the plan to come back to a blade ?

time to go & get some sleep for me for today .. the package to send to Medion is ready :)

good :)

Guest cryoglobe

to port it to the skate ...

Could you please port the AtomicMod to the Blade ? ...

( especially because I don't know how long I'll have to stay without my skate ) ;)