[DEVS] Unlocking OMC progress: I HAVE READ ALL NVITEMS!!!

Guest glossywhite

so zte own the unlock rom so if its flashed then ,thats it done ,so my question is can anyone add a file or daignostic file to search through the nand to find the lock code. shurly zte with their rom has to find it in the nand before it can amend the nand lock.so i think it can be done with similar firmware ,dont no where?

it will be a tpt image, but i can guarantee zte will never give that out under any circumstantial matter....

all zte branded phones are sold unlocked, so it's not an issue with their customers, meaning no reason to give it out

and for reading the nand, i don't think it is even possible (heavily encrypted)

Guest wrtease

well il be asking for my unlock from orange after friday as il be 3months with them ,then hopefully free to any network ,only thing is they will try to say it takes upto 30 days as usual the crap story ,il be saying no crap for me ,

This is going to sound really stupid and retarded but...would it be possible to flash a rom from a different phone like a Galaxy S2 and use one of those apps to unlock or wouldn't that work?

Edited by Navie

Guest Amphoras

This is going to sound really stupid and retarded but...would it be possible to flash a rom from a different phone like a Galaxy S2 and use one of those apps to unlock or wouldn't that work?

It probably wouldn't boot after you flashed the rom.

no way.. got different specs among lots & lots of other stuff + the lock is in the nand not the rom

to be honest i will go as far as saying its close to impossible to unlock via software hacking

hardware should be the way forward... but in most cases will cost the same to get a legit code from orange

Guest TouchyAndalou

well il be asking for my unlock from orange after friday as il be 3months with them ,then hopefully free to any network ,only thing is they will try to say it takes upto 30 days as usual the crap story ,il be saying no crap for me ,

When I first bought this phone I was thinking that maybe I should have waited until an unlock was available. But now I'm glad I got it when I did, because it seems the 3 months/£20 is the only way we're getting this thing unlocked in the foreseeable future. I bet Orange are loving ZTE right now.

sorry guys only one question

i didn't follow forum for a while, today can i unlock orange monte carlo? if yes, how?

The only way you can unlock at the moment is by ringing Orange and asking them to give you the unlock code :)

Guest awarner

Ok, all the insults religious rantings for and against have been removed.

Guys this is a tech forum and not a soap box for anyone to rant insults disguised as so-called religious references and arguments.

Keep it friendly keep it simple and if you have nothing productive to say then keep your thoughts and posts to yourself.