ZTE Blade TPTs

Guest Amphoras

Guest Ray-man

Hi All,

I have an OSF that was originally GEN1 but successfully upgraded it to GEN2 last year using wbaw's TPT method and is currently running a CM nightly from August. I would like to flash a more recent CM stable rom but there have been so many changes that I am uncertain if anything needs to be done at TPT level before I start (revised rom partition sizes etc.).

Maybe I just need to use a more recent TPT from the list that sets the approriate rom partitions etc. then flash a new rom, but can this be done when the phone's already had the GEN1 - GEN2 TPT upgrade or is there anything else that needs to be done first, and do I just follow the instructions as though I was doing the GEN1 - GEN2 TPT upgrade for the first time? - Any guidance on the correct sequence of steps would be appreciated.

Also, looking at the ColdFusion developments I did wonder if I should opt for an even bigger rom partition size now so that rom can be flashed once it's settled down. I assume there must be a downside to allocating more rom size than is needed, presumably it reduces user space for apps etc. but I've no idea how significant that would be for most people.

Guest Amphoras

Hi All,

I have an OSF that was originally GEN1 but successfully upgraded it to GEN2 last year using wbaw's TPT method and is currently running a CM nightly from August. I would like to flash a more recent CM stable rom but there have been so many changes that I am uncertain if anything needs to be done at TPT level before I start (revised rom partition sizes etc.).

Maybe I just need to use a more recent TPT from the list that sets the approriate rom partitions etc. then flash a new rom, but can this be done when the phone's already had the GEN1 - GEN2 TPT upgrade or is there anything else that needs to be done first, and do I just follow the instructions as though I was doing the GEN1 - GEN2 TPT upgrade for the first time? - Any guidance on the correct sequence of steps would be appreciated.

Also, looking at the ColdFusion developments I did wonder if I should opt for an even bigger rom partition size now so that rom can be flashed once it's settled down. I assume there must be a downside to allocating more rom size than is needed, presumably it reduces user space for apps etc. but I've no idea how significant that would be for most people.

If you used a Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPT before, you can use it again. You don't need to go back to Gen 1 first, and you just follow the same instructions.

The more space you allocate for the rom, the less space you have for apps. If all the space you allocated for the rom isn't being used, then its effectively being wasted as it isn't neede by the rom, and it can't be used for apps. Other than that there is no problem with giving more space than you need for the rom. If you using some kind of apps to ext method (darktremor, s2e, etc.) then it doesn't matter very much. The extra space provided by these methods is going to be much more than any wasted space by allocating too much to the rom.

Guest Ray-man

If you used a Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPT before, you can use it again. You don't need to go back to Gen 1 first, and you just follow the same instructions.

The more space you allocate for the rom, the less space you have for apps. If all the space you allocated for the rom isn't being used, then its effectively being wasted as it isn't neede by the rom, and it can't be used for apps. Other than that there is no problem with giving more space than you need for the rom. If you using some kind of apps to ext method (darktremor, s2e, etc.) then it doesn't matter very much. The extra space provided by these methods is going to be much more than any wasted space by allocating too much to the rom.

Thanks for the help Amphoras, much appreciated.

Guest Jurgennn

So. Let's see if I have gotten this correctly.

My phone was originally a gen1-device, I upgraded to gen2. To repartition now I need to use a gen1-gen2 TPT. Is this correct?

Guest Amphoras

So. Let's see if I have gotten this correctly.

My phone was originally a gen1-device, I upgraded to gen2. To repartition now I need to use a gen1-gen2 TPT. Is this correct?

That should be right. You can use this app to check which type you should use.

Guest Jurgennn

That should be right. You can use this app to check which type you should use.

Thanks! :D

---EDIT---

Strange. It seems to think I have a Gen2 stock. It says i should use image.bin to update.

What's the worst thing that can happen if i use the wrong update?

Edited by Jurgennn

Guest Amphoras

Thanks! :D

---EDIT---

Strange. It seems to think I have a Gen2 stock. It says i should use image.bin to update.

What's the worst thing that can happen if i use the wrong update?

It depends how you updated to Gen 2. The worst that can happen is that it will do nothing. If its the wrong type, it just won't start.

Guest Jurgennn

It depends how you updated to Gen 2. The worst that can happen is that it will do nothing. If its the wrong type, it just won't start.

Ah! I see. That's good. I updated quite early after the first TPTs updates were released for updating from G1 to G2 with one of those TPTs. I can't remember if it was by kallt_kaffe or wbaw though.

Guest Amphoras

Ah! I see. That's good. I updated quite early after the first TPTs updates were released for updating from G1 to G2 with one of those TPTs. I can't remember if it was by kallt_kaffe or wbaw though.

Ah ok, in that case you have found the one problem with the app. If you upgraded using a very old TPT, then it will think you have a stock Gen 2 phone when really you need to use the Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPTs.

Guest aggregator

Hi Amphoras!

I installed your Gen3 v1a TPT, it works fine.

However it can't charged when phone's off. It boots when i connect it to the charger.

Can you make a custom sized (128/2/311) partition using these firmware? I used that before this, and no problem with charging.

Thank you! :)

Cant get it to work.Same situation as Jurgennn.I cant get any of the TPTs to work with menu+Vol+ just boots into Android.

NVM worked dont even know what I did just tried it over and over...

Edited by T3KO

Guest Amphoras

how much battery is needed for a tpt i have 13% and my phone is not charging but the problem might get fixed with a tpt.

13% is a bit low. If you're doing a TPT without a rom, it might be enough to finish it, but I don't know for sure. Have you tried cleaning the battery contacts? Sometimes that causes the phone not to charge properly.

Guest saransh9

@saransh9: If your phone is charging up to 13%, leave it plugged in during tpt.

Now I'm able to charge it with a USB cable but not with charger

Guest Amphoras

Btw.when I make my own tpt using your app and check out I get 10/12 matches is it normal.

It is if you have created your own TPT with your own partition sizes. As long as it told you that it had finished building it successfully it should be ok to use.

Guest saransh9

It is if you have created your own TPT with your own partition sizes. As long as it told you that it had finished building it successfully it should be ok to use.

Ok I used tpt there was a error at 99% but then success

Edit: this is a known bug

Edited by saransh9

Guest jesuita

A few time ago i used the get 1 to get 2 tpt, the one with 160mb system and 294 data.

Yesterday i used another tpt to increse system size since i wanted to try ICS.

Now im trying to revert back but cant get the tpt to work.

I put the image folder on the root of sdcard, remove the battery, power it on with power+volume up but the it does nothing..

What am i doing wrong? frown.gif

Guest Andy58

I put the image folder on the root of sdcard, remove the battery, power it on with power+volume up but the it does nothing..

What am i doing wrong? frown.gif

Forgetting to press menu too?