[KERNEL] TechnoLover's Kernel Edition 1.5 (25.06.2012)

Guest TechnoLover

Guest christopher koik

sjaakiespeelman

No, you can get original frequency and voltage by flashing this zip. You can restore this apps by launching Link2SD, but widgets doesn't launch correctly. :( You need to restore them manually.

christopher koik

I use Go Launcher EX with Belle theme. Also I use WP7 Dark theme (it ported from CM7). :)

Launcher and theme - from market, WP7 theme - here (you need registration).

thanks you very much bro .

Guest athanaso77

After installing this kernel on latest t&l rom after some time my device freezes and restarts, and so on! I have not touched overclock/undervolt settings at all!

Edited by athanaso77

Guest stonebear

I did a nand backup then installed t+l aosp and I still had the battery problem so it isn't being caused by the 5% kernel.

Dunno wtf IS causing it! lol

So I have just restored what I had and I will live with the charging issue. dry.gif

Guest TechnoLover

Maybe your charging issue is related to your loading IC, do you know on which voltage it stops now? Maybe I can compile a kernel where I set the voltage for 100% to a lower value, so it reaches faster 100%, but it's just a cosmetical thing ;)

Guest stonebear

Maybe your charging issue is related to your loading IC, do you know on which voltage it stops now? Maybe I can compile a kernel where I set the voltage for 100% to a lower value, so it reaches faster 100%, but it's just a cosmetical thing ;)

That is very kind of you. :)

Thing is, it is 4192mV (100%) but as soon as the power is unplugged it goes down to around 4060-4070mV. Maybe that is normal, I dunno.

If you think it might help, then thank you. :)

Guest TechnoLover

do you have any background services that could drain the battery when you unplug the device?

When that's the fact it should stay a while at 4060-4070 mV ;)

Guest stonebear

do you have any background services that could drain the battery when you unplug the device?

When that's the fact it should stay a while at 4060-4070 mV ;)

As I unplug it I might have wi-fi connected but that is all.

Guest stonebear

I usually charge with the device on, this time I charged it 100% (after a reboot to get it unstuck from 90%) it was on 4192mV....... but then turned the phone off and kept it plugged in. Even though it had shown 100% when I turned it off, it started charging again, for at least an hour before the light stopped flashing.

Since then the indicator has started behaving more normally, it is not dropping as fast as before (I had a problem where it was showing too low and on reboot would report a higher % again) and is reporting more like it used to. I don't know yet if it will get stuck on 90 on next charge but it does seem to have helped it report like it used to during use.

Guest Smeelious

I'm going on 22 hours and still at 70%. Been working it too.

I'm honestly lucky to get 4 hours with moderate use, I"m tempted to get some ugly contraption that improves my wireless signal. Possibly headgear...

Guest stonebear

I'm going on 22 hours and still at 70%. Been working it too.

Yea, with the lower vcore my battery use is very good too, my only problem is with battery indication which is a bit weird but just a cosmetic problem. It is better since I did the charge with phone off like I mentioned above. I won't know if I have fixed the charging indication problem until I charge again but I am hopeful! ;)

Guest stonebear

I'm honestly lucky to get 4 hours with moderate use, I"m tempted to get some ugly contraption that improves my wireless signal. Possibly headgear...

Even with undervolting?

Using this kernel to undervolt improved my battery life hugely, more than double easily.

Guest stonebear

I'm at 55% and been using it for 1 day 6 hours. Moderate use too. Take a look at your battery usage stats and figure out what's draining the battery.

I never said my battery is draining too fast.

I had a battery indication problem when charging, it would reach 90% even though at 4192mV, when I rebooted it fixed it and it would show 100%.

Then the battery indication was showing lower than it should during use, eg. it would show 70% but I could tell by looking at the mV that the % should have been higher...and on rebooting it would do so.

The issue was never that the battery was draining too fast, it was purely an indication (reported percentage) problem. :)

Edited by stonebear

Guest stonebear

I was posting for smeelious. Mine reaches 4193mV around 90% then slowly it gets to 100% but it gets there.

Oh, I see! lol

Yea, something sounds wrong for such bad battery life as smeelious is getting.

How long does yours take to get from 90% to 100%? Perhaps if I was prepared to wait it would reach 100% anyway but as it is already at maximum mV I don't see the point and reboot. I once waited 30 minutes and it was still on 90% and still showed 4192mV so I decided there was no point waiting.

Guest stonebear

it takes longer from 90 to 100 , because of the fact that our battery is a lithium ion one, so wait at least 40 minutes from 90 to 100 ;)

I know what you mean but at 4192mV the battery IS charged surely? It's not like it gets higher than that at 100%, it stays the same. That is not logical.

Guest stonebear

its logical, search for lithium ion battery and look how it works to be loaded ;) the voltage says nothing about the capacity ;)

Really?!

Thanks, that explains a lot, lol.

I am such a noob. rolleyes.gif

edit

So the problem I thought I had, never existed, lol.

blink.gif

Edited by stonebear

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thebtman

Just to say, I am using this with stock 2.3.6 at 1200mhz with no problems. In fact this ROM has fixed an issue I was having with Google+ doing a forced close on me constantly.

My device is now super fast, super stable and much improved.

So Thank you.

Hi,

I'd like to try overclocking, and was thinking about getting this kernel, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Why are there two downloads (1% and 5%)?
  2. How easy is it to return to the stock kernel?
Thanks

Guest stonebear

Hi,

I'd like to try overclocking, and was thinking about getting this kernel, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Why are there two downloads (1% and 5%)?
  2. How easy is it to return to the stock kernel?
Thanks

The 1% one used to have a problem with sticking on 98% when charging, I think that has been fixed, but not sure. The 5% is fine and is the one I use.

You can flash the old kernel if you want to. In the first post here you will see "800mhz boot" http://android.modaco.com/topic/336646-rom-236-tl-metal/ I assume that is the stock kernel.