[KERNEL] TechnoLover's Kernel Edition 1.5 (25.06.2012)

Guest TechnoLover

Guest MasteRij0

Hum, i´m using stock 2.3.6 and yesterday i made a 15 minute call and no problems at all, anyways i´m using 368mhz - 806mhz smartassv2 governor.

But if i use 122mhz - 768mhz than my phone reboots after a while... hum, too low voltage?

Guest lgcmn

so it's not GPU clock related, so it could really be a too low voltage, good advice sumdumguy (:

as i already said, i didn't touch the voltagesmile.gif

Guest astuermer

For me none of the two - 1.3a 5% and 1% - does work.

Flashed it via Recovery, rebooted and got stuck at the "TechnoLover"-bootscreen.

Also tried wiping cache/dalvik right after flashing a kernel - without success :(

Guest astuermer

Busybox installed? Correct version flashed?

Yes, BusyBox 1.19.4 (with BusyBox installer form Market)

I've tried 1.3a (not the CM version) with 5 and 1%...

Guest Genrix

I noticed that background applications sometimes have a strong impact on FPS in various tests. But such dependence does not always occur. I think this is issue OS itself.

For maximum FPS you need to manually kill some application. Although it is not good for OS stability.

Background applications use some CPU time and rendering tread \ task in Android OS not have a real-time priority then fps slow down.

Guest TechnoLover

as i already said, i didn't touch the voltagesmile.gif

When it doesn't respond next time, can you try if adb (adb logcat, adb shell dmesg) works?

Yes, BusyBox 1.19.4 (with BusyBox installer form Market)

I've tried 1.3a (not the CM version) with 5 and 1%...

solved. Installed busybox to xbin.

because your kernel does not run Wifi in MIUI rom?

what do you want to tell me?

Guest Klick

I did some benchmarking with 1.2a and 1.3a, and got some weird results.

I used AnTuTu Benchmark and Nenamark 1 for testing. (AnTuTu with Custom: CPU, 2D, 3D, but NOT Database and SD-Card)

With 1.2a @1024/stock for CPU/GPU I get

AnTuTu 2532/ Nena 46,8

With 1.3a @1024/245

AnTuTu 2630 / Nena 41,1

So the 1.3a is for some reason faster for CPU stuff than 1.2a with the same frequencies. (Tried it with other freqs several times. Results are consistent)

What is the reason for that? At the same freqs, 1.2a and 1.3a should be equal.

Also I noted that graphics (Nena) is much slower with 1.3a at stock speed! If I want to reach the speed of 1.2a at GPU stock (should be 245Mhz ???) I have to set the GPU to 368 Mhz with 1.3a.

I don't have an explanation for that. If GPU stock speed is really 245MHz, it should be the same with 1.2a and 1.3a. But it isn't.

Is there maybe some kind of variable GPU frequency on the stock kernel (like the governors for CPU)?

Any ideas?

(Due to these weird results, I went back to 1.2a.)

Guest sumdumguy

I did some benchmarking with 1.2a and 1.3a, and got some weird results.

I used AnTuTu Benchmark and Nenamark 1 for testing. (AnTuTu with Custom: CPU, 2D, 3D, but NOT Database and SD-Card)

With 1.2a @1024/stock for CPU/GPU I get

AnTuTu 2532/ Nena 46,8

With 1.3a @1024/245

AnTuTu 2630 / Nena 41,1

So the 1.3a is for some reason faster for CPU stuff than 1.2a with the same frequencies. (Tried it with other freqs several times. Results are consistent)

What is the reason for that? At the same freqs, 1.2a and 1.3a should be equal.

Also I noted that graphics (Nena) is much slower with 1.3a at stock speed! If I want to reach the speed of 1.2a at GPU stock (should be 245Mhz ???) I have to set the GPU to 368 Mhz with 1.3a.

I don't have an explanation for that. If GPU stock speed is really 245MHz, it should be the same with 1.2a and 1.3a. But it isn't.

Is there maybe some kind of variable GPU frequency on the stock kernel (like the governors for CPU)?

Any ideas?

(Due to these weird results, I went back to 1.2a.)

I recall that the gpu was hard set at 384 (or close tto that) in 1.2.. 1.3a quickly followed to give people control over the gpu clock, since many were getting artifacts or even crashes/lockups with 1.2.

Still it's nice to hear the cpu is faster in 1.3, didn't test it myself but thought TL may have done something with 1.3 because the phone seems extra smooth.

Guest gavin(*)

Excuse me, how can I use a2sdext with CM7?

I'm using CM7.24 built by davide and flashed your kernel 1.3a.

I've an ext2 partition already, the problem is that do I need to install Darktremor's script myself?

Edited by gavin(*)

Guest Klick

Like sumdumguy said: 1.2a has a GPU frequency of 384MHz, so that's the difference in FPS.

Oh! That explains a lot. :)

Then I might give 1.3a a new try, since I like the speaker loudness mod that's included.

But why are the CPU results with same frequency different?

Btw, it would be perfect to have a widget that lets you change CPU&GPU settings with 1 click.

So I could have a slow setting for battery life, and a game setting.

But I suppose that would be complicated, since MTcontrol only changes GPU frequency.

P.S. Thanks for your great work!

Guest Sunil Bhai tusi Gr8 ho

[KERNEL] TechnoLover's Kernel Edition 1.3a (25.02.2012)

initlogog2ju.png device-2012-02-25-203gzzqf.png

1. Instructions
    1. be sure to be rooted
    2. be sure to have BusyBox installed
    3. boot into recovery
    4. make a Nandroid backup
    5. flash without any wipe over your desired supported rom

[*]Supported Roms

• GingerOunay 2.5
  • GingerOunay 3.0
  • Ginger_dmd_4.000.07_aosp_v2
  • t&l Metal 2.3.5
  • t&l Metal 2.3.6 AOSP & Stock
  • Stock 2.3.5
  • Stock 2.3.6
  • CyanogenMod/MiUi (Download CM-Version)
  • Features
    • Overclock up to 1.6 GHz (Standard Min/Max @ 122MHz/1GHz)
    • smoothass, minmax, smartassV2 & lagfree governor (Standard @ lagfree)
    • MT Control App (UPDATE #2)
    • changing voltage at runtime with MT Control app
    • changing max. GPU frequency with MT Control app (NEW)
    • 1% battery steps
    • ~53 fps (davidevinavil, Genrix, me) (UPDATE)
    • Fast LED Flash for now
    • Headphone Volume Boost (Genrix)
    • ext3/ext4 support
    • Acer KRAMLog disabled
    • /system/etc/init.d support
    • Knows Issues
      • App2SD isn't working on Gingerounay 3.0
      • 1% battery steps version causes that loading stops between 50-80%
      • Source

[*]Download

Download Kernel

[*]Problems

[*]if you set voltages too low, your device maybe freeze. In this case just pull battery out and begin from new.[*]if you set a too low voltage on boot, just run deleteBootUndervolt.zip from recovery. It is on your sdcard.[*]if you set a too high frequency on bott, just run deleteBootGPUFrequency.zip from recovery. It is on your sdcard.

[*]How to support developers?

[*]Give them a defaulttzflk.png (: If you want to, you can donate something to them of course ;)

please Help want to roll back to default kernel, somebody upload default kernel here !!

Thanks in advance, Waiting for reply

Regards,

Guest Pinguy

Registered here so I could say thank you for the kernel. Using your Kernel on the stock ROM (that I ripped a lot of the default programs out of with Links2SD) and the Chainfire3D driver, I get a lot of punch out of the phone. Only have it over-clocked to 1.2GHz but the results I get from that is unbelievable. Hats off TechnoLover, you have done something special here.

My results with the GPU set to 368MHz (I get graphic tearing with 384MHz) and CPU set to (with No-frills CPU)

Max: 1.2GHz

Min: 122MHz

Governor: smartassV2

I/O: cfq

I get this:

cap201203080454.png

cap201203080233.png

Pretty impressive. Looking forward to v1.4 to see how much more performance you can squeeze out of this phone.

Also been looking at getting the Acer Iconia Smart. Hope when I get around to getting it you have made a custom kernel for it :)

Edited by Pinguy

Guest atoyota

I'm using latest official ROM (2.3.6), this release has a problem with the sms led. If i disable sms stock notification (cause I'm using another app for sms) the led doesn't work, instead it still works for emails. The old official ROMS used to work also with stock sms notification disabled.

So I was wondering, does this kernel solve the issue?

Guest Xorz1st

please Help want to roll back to default kernel, somebody upload default kernel here !!

Thanks in advance, Waiting for reply

Regards,

Take a look here. Thera are older versions as wellor do you want to uninstall Technolover Kerner completely?

Edited by Xorz1st

Guest SLBoy

[KERNEL] TechnoLover's Kernel Edition 1.3a (25.02.2012)

initlogog2ju.png device-2012-02-25-203gzzqf.png

1. Instructions
    1. be sure to be rooted
    2. be sure to have BusyBox installed
    3. boot into recovery
    4. make a Nandroid backup
    5. flash without any wipe over your desired supported rom

[*]Supported Roms

• GingerOunay 2.5
  • GingerOunay 3.0
  • Ginger_dmd_4.000.07_aosp_v2
  • t&l Metal 2.3.5
  • t&l Metal 2.3.6 AOSP & Stock
  • Stock 2.3.5
  • Stock 2.3.6
  • CyanogenMod/MiUi (Download CM-Version)
  • Features
    • Overclock up to 1.6 GHz (Standard Min/Max @ 122MHz/1GHz)
    • smoothass, minmax, smartassV2 & lagfree governor (Standard @ lagfree)
    • MT Control App (UPDATE #2)
    • changing voltage at runtime with MT Control app
    • changing max. GPU frequency with MT Control app (NEW)
    • 1% battery steps
    • ~53 fps (davidevinavil, Genrix, me) (UPDATE)
    • Fast LED Flash for now
    • Headphone Volume Boost (Genrix)
    • ext3/ext4 support
    • Acer KRAMLog disabled
    • /system/etc/init.d support
    • Knows Issues
      • App2SD isn't working on Gingerounay 3.0
      • 1% battery steps version causes that loading stops between 50-80%
      • Source

[*]Download

Download Kernel

[*]Problems

[*]if you set voltages too low, your device maybe freeze. In this case just pull battery out and begin from new.[*]if you set a too low voltage on boot, just run deleteBootUndervolt.zip from recovery. It is on your sdcard.[*]if you set a too high frequency on bott, just run deleteBootGPUFrequency.zip from recovery. It is on your sdcard.

[*]How to support developers?

[*]Give them a defaulttzflk.png (: If you want to, you can donate something to them of course ;)

This seems pretty interesting to get the most of this phone, some questions:

1 - at 1.6 Ghz how much does battery life decreases?

2 - To install is just like flashing a rom right? Just go to CWM -> install zip from SD?

3 - Is there a way to go back to stock Kernel if I need to or a nandroid backup covers that?

4 - I'm running the stock 2.3.6, do I install Kernel 1.3a 1% or Kernel 1.3a 5%? Also whats the difference between these two?

5 - Do I have to wipe data/factory reset to install this?

Thanx in advance ;)

Edited by SLBoy

Guest TechnoLover
1 - at 1.6 Ghz how much does battery life decreases?

It decreases battery life a lot in my opinion.

2 - To install is just like flashing a rom right? Just go to CWM -> install zip from SD?

read first post

3 - Is there a way to go back to stock Kernel if I need to or a nandroid backup covers that?

If you do a nandroid backup before flashing, this will include the stock kernel.

4 - I'm running the stock 2.3.6, do I install Kernel 1.3a 1% or Kernel 1.3a 5%? Also whats the difference between these two?

the difference are the battery steps, either in 1% steps or 5% steps, 1% steps are buggy.

5 - Do I have to wipe data/factory reset to install this?

read first post

Guest SLBoy

Thanks, sorry about the noob questions, Im pretty new to Android :)

Probably gonna OC to 1.2 Ghz, seems more balanced in terms of performance/drain ratio.

Guest SLBoy

So installed it, everything seems to be fine, the phone definitely feels more faster and smooth, nice volume increase also, thanks for your work Techno ;), just a quirk: can't seem to save GPU frequency on MT control, I change the value but it always goes back to default, is it normal?

Edit: nvm, updated to 1.2 ;)

Edited by SLBoy