[KERNEL] TechnoLover's Kernel Edition 1.5 (25.06.2012)

Guest TechnoLover

Guest Xorz1st

Techno is back! :D I should change my playlist now. :blink:

1.5 works very well on Gingerounnay 3.0.1

No more power button issue. Just sometimes a litte power button lag lower then 1 second.

Really nice work! ;)

Guest Mtman1

I know I probably shouldn't ask this but, are you planning on adding anything to this kernel on 1.6? I would like to know what's coming up! Or is the project finished?

Edited by Mtman1

Guest russLiquidMetal

I have lost my boot sound when blue android logo comes up on boot used to make a sound and vibrate on stock and 1.4 kernel using 1.5 now and not working?

Guest russLiquidMetal

I have lost my boot sound when blue android logo comes up on boot used to make a sound and vibrate on stock and 1.4 kernel using 1.5 now and not working?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest russLiquidMetal

My GPS stays on in next to signal never used to come up till I used Google maps ect wont go off unless I turn off completely never happened on 1.4c

• 2 weeks later...
Guest balap

Hi all

I have got a problem, indeed i triyed to install this kernel but when the phone reboot after installation, the phone freezes on the screen technolover's edition.

I'm in stock rom 2.3.6 and i installed busybox so i need your help thanks ;) (sorry for my bad english, i'm french)

Guest Genrix

Hi all

I have got a problem, indeed i triyed to install this kernel but when the phone reboot after installation, the phone freezes on the screen technolover's edition.

I'm in stock rom 2.3.6 and i installed busybox so i need your help thanks ;) (sorry for my bad english, i'm french)

You must use this busybox installer by JRummy Apps Inc.

Bysubox by Stephen (Stericson) not work properly with TechnoKernel.

Restore original kernel in recovery, boot device and install busybox by JRummy, then inside bysubox installer run busybox installation process and after try to flash TechoKernel.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there some documentation to build and pack the kernel?

EDIT:

I tried to build the kernel, but I get errors when building the ath6kl driver (wifi), can someone help me?

I'm using the config I found on my device (using kernel 1.5)

These are the errors I'm getting: http://pastebin.com/mkpxCQid

To build the kernel:

http://source.androi...ng-kernels.html

You need a Linux box (I tested it on a Debian system).

-Create a work directory

mkdir android

cd android
-Download the android prebuilt
git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/prebuilt
-Set env variables:
export PATH=$(pwd)/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin:$PATH

export ARCH=arm

export SUBARCH=arm

export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi-
You can put these lines in a file env.sh and load it with the following command instead of setting every env variable every time you need it
source env.sh
-Download kernel source:
git clone git://github.com/marcOcram/Acer-Liquid-MT-Gingerbread-Kernel.git
-Configure the kernel. You can find the current kernel configuration on the Acer Liquid Metal (if you're using Technolover's Kernel) in the file proc/config.gz
cd Acer-Liquid-MT-Gingerbread-Kernel/kernel

make menuconfig
-Build the kernel
make

Edited by sakya

No one knows how to fix the problem with the wifi driver?

I tried to build the kernel without the ath6kl driver and install it on my device: the kernel works, but obviously wifi doesn't work. :(

EDIT:

I found a solution (the only?).

The driver cannot be built from the source code: I reused the file ar6000.ko found in the zip of Technolover's Kernel and added to my pack.

I also had to change the setlocalversion script in the kernel source to remove the additional "+" that adds after "-perf", else the driver would not load

EDIT: If anyone is interested this is the kernel I built, it's the same as version 1.5 but with swap enabled

Download it here

EDIT: And this is the same kernel built with the Linaro toolchain

Download it here

Edited by sakya

Guest hackf0rce

In the next release, can you try to port the usb–host feature? Is it possible?

It should be possible, devs have managed to port it to Gingerbread powered devices like the Galaxy S. It would be an epic feature :D

Yeah you can

I mean because i have installed cm7 since one month ago, and i did not know so far, that if I apply this kernel i would have any compatibility trouble or not.

Before I apply the kernel do i need to do wipe to dalvik cache or any other thing?

It is possible to unistall it?

Edited by freakk

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Carter07

Hi, is there a way to modify gpu voltage? I'd like to undervolt gpu.

I use technolover's kernel 1.3a and I haven't found such option.

Edited by Carter07

Hi, is there a way to modify gpu voltage? I'd like to undervolt gpu.

I use technolover's kernel 1.3a and I haven't found such option.

with 1.5 you can do it through the Liquid MT control app (by technolover) and I'm pretty sure you can do it with 1.3, just download the app and go :D