usb zip not loading. will vegacomb fix it

Guest arcie31

Guest richardmlea

Hi Guys

Found myself on tabletroms but looks like its up to build 9n update 3. still OK to down load.

if so do I still need Honey-ice

Cheers

install build 9n update 3 and then honeyice.

Vegacomb build 9n update 3 is the full Rom (even though it says update).

Honeyice is an update(s) for vegacomb build 9

Guest richardmlea

Looking on Honey-ice at tablet roms???? which one/s do i down load

Help...again please

Big cheers to you guys

Wow that honeyice thread has become complicated. It took me about 5 minues to work it out.

You need to install honeyice Update 3.2.4

version 1 (with honeycomb market) http://www.multiupload.com/431Y3LUQG0

version 2 (with IceCreamSandwich market) http://www.multiupload.com/5HU30B2J3B

I use version 1.

after installing 3.2.4 you need to do the following steps.

-Reboot

-Start wifi

-Open browser

-Reboot

Then install Update 3.2.5x2: v1 http://www.multiupload.com/AQM8OZALUA which is the latest version on public testing.

Guest richardmlea

The app draw on moddedstock is on the right side of your home screen in the middle. Its a box with lots of dots in a square. press this the choose recovery.

Guest IanTurner

Looking at honey ice the answer would be yes if you want the ability to buy apps from the market assuming that the faking a xoom bit means Google think the vega is a xoom and therefore licenced for market.

Guest arcie31

Had a look and still cant find it.

Guess I have loaded Moddedstock as there is an Icon a bit like an android skull and cross bones but cant see no app draw

Thanks

Guest richardmlea

Yeah opened the app draw but cant find recovery

Have you loaded the stock rom or moddedstock? Its been a few days since I have done it so I may be guiding you wrong. Heres another way, open the app draw and you should see clockworkmod or rom manager (cant remember what its labled as). In clockworkmod choose reboot into recovery. It should restart the vega and boot you into Clockworkmod revcovery.

Edited by richardmlea

Guest arcie31

Thought i had loaded the moddedstock due to the skull and crossbones android icon? And it looking a bit different.

Cant see no clock work or rom manager but i dont know what the icon is.

May have to go back a few steps and maybe up load moddedstock again

Thanks for your patients

Guest richardmlea

Guest arcie31

Right went back to base.

Went in as administrator.

Went to install drivers w/audi. Good

Ticked to install adventstock rom. Good

Red box. Good

went into recovery mode red box went green and says the recovery driver is correctly installed. You may continue to flash the stock rom?

Did step A

Did step B&C.

Went to upload moddedstock....100% extract. Good

During run up (white text on black background) says 'usb device not found press enter to continue'.

Then thats it.

Your first class write up mentions nothing about the red box goib green?

You state the red box says the recovery driver not correctly installed.

Will continue to repeat the process just incase i am not doing it right

Cheers

Guest IanTurner

loking at updating the vega ice you posted but now vegacomb is running I cant find recovery. Is there a new icon now

Cheers

You have installed update 3 for 9n build 32 to get the latest market haven't you ?

Then honeyice would be necessary to have a chance of actually buying anything rather than just free stuff (not sure if that works mind)

Guest arcie31

yeah im running the latest honeycomb but cant find where ti install ice. when i installed vegacomb there was a folder called recovery. that seems to have gone since i installed vegacomb hence i dont know to up load the latest ice on my sd card

Guest richardmlea

yeah im running the latest honeycomb but cant find where ti install ice. when i installed vegacomb there was a folder called recovery. that seems to have gone since i installed vegacomb hence i dont know to up load the latest ice on my sd card

If I remember right, you need to press the power button for 2 seconds, you will get the power menu, one of the options is recovery.

You may get a stale boot after choosing recovery from the power menu (known problem), but if you turn it off then on again it will boot into recovery.