[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4.4 RELEASE R1

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Papi-jj
I'll add my 2 cents and a bug i didn't expect. Phone icon doesn't work, dell stage music widget doesn't work, but these are known. I haven't seen mentioned by anyone yet that .wmv files do not play. Anyone else running into this? I also get random reboots, quite a few, and they typically happen when trying to install an app. I have factory reset, and Dalvik wiped as well in the middle of troubleshooting. What kind of battery life are people seeing (short, average, better?) thanks Steve, you'll be seeing a donation shortly, least i can do.

That's the issue I was having with the reboots

Guest JonHancock

Hi

Could anyone please confirm they can watch live tv on the BBC iPlayer app. I can watch previous shows but the video freezes when I try to watch live

Best regards,

Jon.

P.S. Apologies for the double post.

Edited by JonHancock

Guest Xurram52

just experienced it .... suddenly it starting rebooting over and over again .... for now i have just gone into streakmod ,,, wiped dalvik cache and re-flashed 2.4.4 .. lets see how it goes ... anyone else having this issue ...

edit: ..the re-flashing fixed it ...and i didnt loose any data or anything ...

Edited by Xurram52

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

The noapps option does not remove swype. So if u want to remove swype you must also use noswype

Edited by 80sLoveCHILD

Guest martyj999

Ok then, what have I effed up - can't get loads of apps from market, tells me I have i an incompatible device - astro file manager, advanced task killer, evernote, ttorrent,etc any advice

I came from very stable 2.4.3 and only changed to bios and density 140 in install

Guest Littledutch62

Ok then, what have I effed up - can't get loads of apps from market, tells me I have i an incompatible device - astro file manager, advanced task killer, evernote, ttorrent,etc any advice

I came from very stable 2.4.3 and only changed to bios and density 140 in install

you need to be on density 160 to be able to instal/update in market.

Guest Littledutch62

hi Steve/Fards installed this as soon as you put it up, what a great Rom you have given us Streakere's no probs apart from occasional reboot and can live with that it's no biggy, no other probs keep up all your time consuming work thank you

Guest martyj999

you need to be on density 160 to be able to instal/update in market.

Kind of suspected that, never noticed a problem back in 1.9.1 with 140density never really had a problem back with any apps......if I manually obtain and install the apk file, will it work for a 140density?

Guest alert_bri

It's just occurred to me, this new release thread has already had over 5,000 views... If only one in 10 visitors donated a tenner, that would enable him to easily upgrade his server to handle further development work on ice cream sandwich.

If you're one of the silent majority following this ROM development... please send him a donation and give a little to the whole community who benefit with leading edge builds for a unique device.

Cheers

Brian

Guest mellojoe

I had donated once before on StreakDroid, and I have donated a little bit again today.

Most of us are not shy at all about dropping 0.99 or 1.99 on a program that makes our phones better or for a little time waster of a game. The ROM is both of those and so much more. Drop a little line his way and think of it as just an in-app purchase for a program that makes your Streak run oh-so much better.

Besides, if it means ICS comes to the Streak, think of all the fun you'll have.

Guest friedje

that has to be the most creative description ive heard of a donation :)

Creative and Effecient, Confirmation number: 82J913670D4700816

Although I doubt the streak might be able to run ICS smoothly with these specs.

The GB port largely merits a donation :)

Edited by friedje

Guest mudcruzr

Here's a fiver mate, more to come next payday too. Confirmation number: 29N68400JD532462J

Edit: Eh, who's Laura Robinson, she the missus?

- mud

Edited by mudcruzr

Guest raptoid

Did you use the 360 recovery?

Others have had this issue and as long as you flash AMSS and DSP1 it should be fine.

About your current app issue. Did you wipe Dalvik cache in streakmod and perform a Dell factory reset (Option 1 before entering streakmod)?

yes i used 360 recovery..

1. Erase 357 rom

A ) Flash and recovery StreakMod

fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img (StreakMod)

fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn (360 rom)

fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn (360 rom)

reboot

48px-Streak_volumeup_button.jpg + 48px-Streak_volumedown_button.jpg + Streak_power_button.jpg

B ) select "2" Software Upgrade via update.pkg on SD Card

wipe data / factory reset

wipe cache partition

wipe dalvik cache

reboot

2. and pull the battery..

3. flash and recovery 360 rom

select "2" Software Upgrade via update.pkg on SD Card

installed..

wait dell logo 1 hour not happen :(

this is correct solutions ? what can i do ? Dj Stephen or anyone HELP ME pls.. i'm gonna be crazy..

Edited by raptoid

Guest Duskycub

Everything is awesome so far, just wondering i thought there was an option for updating time and date server other then manual and cell network i had one that was using Internet server.

Guest alert_bri

I had donated once before on StreakDroid, and I have donated a little bit again today.

Most of us are not shy at all about dropping 0.99 or 1.99 on a program that makes our phones better or for a little time waster of a game. The ROM is both of those and so much more. Drop a little line his way and think of it as just an in-app purchase for a program that makes your Streak run oh-so much better.

Besides, if it means ICS comes to the Streak, think of all the fun you'll have.

Absolutely right... It doesn't matter how much or how little - it's the gesture that counts and you can always tip some more when you can afford more.

Cheers

Brian

Guest Virtu300

1. Erase 357 rom

reboot

this is correct solutions ? what can i do ? Dj Stephen or anyone HELP ME pls.. i'm gonna be crazy..

You need to flash the 360 recovery with the 360 pkg.

Streakmod with the Streakdroid package.

Guest Virtu300

Here you are:

360.pkg

For those with the issue with the phone app in Stage - did you flash with a non-stock density? The opening post states:

Perhaps the issue is with the modified phone app that installs? Those who have writen about this issue have not sated if they used stock or non-stock density.

Files for BB 360 for those that want them. Edit: I just saw that the .pkg file is not in that directory, go up one level for that.

If the recovery on the phone does not match the version of the upgrade.pkg or if it's not a predecessor in the upgrade path for the update.pkg you are using you will get errors. For instance a recovery for a regionalized ROM and trying to install a retail ROM.

Cheers guys I've added the 360 links :)

Thanks guys for the repost.

Guest Azurren

1. Erase 357 rom

reboot

48px-Streak_volumeup_button.jpg + 48px-Streak_volumedown_button.jpg + Streak_power_button.jpg

B ) select "2" Software Upgrade via update.pkg on SD Card

wipe data / factory reset

wipe cache partition

wipe dalvik cache

reboot

2. and pull the battery..

3. flash and recovery 360 rom

select "2" Software Upgrade via update.pkg on SD Card

installed..

You got it the wrong way around. However it still shouldn't get stuck on the Dell logo after flashing a PKG :unsure:

When flashing the PKG did your phone do the following steps:

1. Ask whether you would like to flash
  2. Flash the PKG
  3. Reboot with an Icon displaying a phone / battery
  4. Automatically factory reset
    Not sure which order these two go in
  5. Reboot

Anyone fancy making a video-tutorial / how-to perform a reversal install?

Else I'll try and make one mid-week :)

Edited by Azurren