[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4.4 RELEASE R1

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Lloydie

I have not been able to find Better Keyboard on the market forever, with any rom. Was beginning to wonder if still existed... My favorite keyboard by far. I just use the apk to install.

Do you need/anybody want a copy?

Thanks for your help mate.....Had to download a version from the net and the unlocker for a file that I have already paid for....shame on you Market.....happy bunny now, full gingerbread better keyboard!:D I defy ANYONE to be able to use the gingerbread keyboard without a pointing device.

The resizeing of Better Keyboard 8 Ginger is perfect for me.

Donated from last week, I think that it is essential that WE donate and sponsor Steve who not only donates his time and expertise but also has to upgrade his resources which in the end is to OUR benefit.

By donating to his efforts we also speed up the process of having ICS on our devices which would in turn embarrass Dell who are miles behind in the metamorphasis of their own creation .....then, MAYBE....they might do something about it.

Guest hacktor

If you're using Zeam or Launcherpro you can change the number of columns and rows that you can have on the homescreen.

Anyone know what the default resolution is if you don't specify one in the install.txt file?

I flashed with only 'bios' in the file and the icons look a little small and there is lots of space between them, only get 4 across in landscape. Is this normal? Market works fine, so I am assuming its 160 as there is no option for that in the list for lcd densities.

Other than that is seems to work well, am getting the email FC but its no biggie.

Will probably go back to the dell launcher when the dialer bug is fixed.

Donation sent, money well spent.

Guest Coxeroni

Hm camera is not working here, neither the standard app, nor Igcamera show a preview image. I did a clean install of 354 (360 was giving me a signature error), flashed amss, dsp1, cleared cache and dalvik cache and did a factory reset. I previously installed with 140 dpi I guess, but changed it to 160 again bei build.prop

What am I missing?

Edited by Coxeroni

Guest zero410

Installed 2.4.4 right over 2.4.3. Only thing extra I did was clear the dalvik cache.

Did not do a factory reset and everything is work great!

I didnt do the whole "install back to a base product and then upgrade to this step" for 2.4.4, but I did do that from my 2.3 to 2.4.3, so I guess I did all those steps anyways.

I have not had any new problems come up at all and its been working great!

The only problems I've had (which I'm not going to complain much about since they're more inconveniences than problems):

- streak led does not work for some reason. Did all the steps with unchecking options on handcent, but no go.

- my battery meter is off... 100% is on for a while, but after 25%, my phone immediately goes straight to 1%. Used the Battery Calibration app, but that didnt help.

CRT animation works great.

Guest mellojoe

- my battery meter is off... 100% is on for a while, but after 25%, my phone immediately goes straight to 1%. Used the Battery Calibration app, but that didnt help.

This happens to me as well. If you let it sit off for a while, then reboot, sometimes it comes back to show about 17 or 18%.

Guest Xurram52

day 4 ....getting white screen on camera applciation and google goggles .... rebooting fixes it ... but it seems to have come back ... what to do what to do ...!!??? anyone else experienced it ?

Guest hacktor

I'm using this version to make this post right now. Works perfectly fine on my end.

Tapatalk Forum App v1.12.7 wont work GS2.4.4 R1 with 360 rom
Edited by hacktor

Thank you Steve and Fard for your work here. Been playing with this for the past few days and have to say it's absloutly brilliant.

I have flashed 360 then 2.4.3 and staright after upgraded to 2.4.4 choosing arabic, noapps, noswype in the install.txt

Good news - GPS actually works perfectly fine with arabic in install.txt

Bad news - Camera doesn't work. As mentioned in a few comments before, camera preview just displays a white screen, camera seems to work, if seems to take pictures, you just can't see what you are taking a picture off till the picture is saved.

I tried to go back to 2.4.3 to see if camera would work and it worked fine.

I then went back to 2.4.4 with arabic in install.txt and that broke camera again

removed arabic from install.txt and reflashed 2.4.4 without arabic and camera worked

seems Arabic causes camera to stop working.

Hope this helps

Guest StreakPlayer

I'm using this version to make this post right now. Works perfectly fine on my end.

when i install and use make a problem my GS2.4.4 boot loop! anyway..

can u try Chainfire 3D SetCpu ?

Edited by StreakPlayer

Guest (InsertNameHere)

Can I play Tegra games with Chainfire 3D ? Anyone tested ?

Whats default CPU Mhz ? Does the problem SETcpu app ?

Chainfire 3D installs and works fine, but it will kill GPS, i can either have Chainfire 3D installed, or GPS working, but not both. SetCPU works fine, default cpu frequency is 998mhz, overclocking works, i run at 1.19Ghz, 128mhz minimum and smoothass governor.

Edited by (InsertNameHere)

Guest JOBooth

Chainfire 3D installs and works fine, but it will kill GPS, i can either have Chainfire 3D installed, or GPS working, but not both. SetCPU works fine, default cpu frequency is 998mhz, overclocking works, i run at 1.19Ghz, 128mhz minimum and smoothass governor.

InserNameHere, had any "sleep of death" occurrences with that setup?

Guest Technomenon81

I'm getting wifi sleep with ChainFire 3D installed; 'though I've had no issues with GPS. Also have noticed that ICS market sometimes causes hard crash.

Guest (InsertNameHere)

On 2.4.3 yes, but i have not noticed it yet on this rom, thats not to say it won't happen though, i tend to turn wifi on and off as required, when i have forgotten its on, i have not yet had sleep of death, but mustn't speak to soon.

Tonight i will leave wi-fi on on purpose and i will let you know, just for you JOBooth.

Edited by (InsertNameHere)

Guest mancterrier

Cheers again Steve. Initial impressisons are very good. Cant find any bugs at all here yet...

Edit- Actually Ive just had the wifi not reconnecting after sleep...

Edited by mancterrier

Guest zAm1987

Same for me. Happend a few times to me the last days, that my phone had aprox. 25% battery, then the usual display timeout comes and immediately afer unlocking the phone it's only 1% and the warning message appears :S

In addition to that (think I reported it before) the battery percentage on the lockscreen in the german translation just displays a "%d%%" instead of the real value when battery is low.

Other than that, everything runs great.

Edited by zAm1987

Guest kimheong

I could not get my dealextreme streak cable to charge/sync with PC/Car charger after upgrading to 2.4 (onwards). Is that normal?

Did not see this issue on dell supplied cable though :(

Anyone had this same issue? can it be fixed? kernel update?

Any help is much appreciated...thx

Guest kimheong

Same for me. Happend a few times to me the last days, that my phone had aprox. 25% battery, then the usual display timeout comes and immediately afer unlocking the phone it's only 1% and the warning message appears :S

In addition to that (think I reported it before) the battery percentage on the lockscreen in the german translation just displays a "%d%%" instead of the real value when battery is low.

Other than that, everything runs great.

I had the same problem only on the 3rd party battery that i bought.

The original Dell battery does not has this issue.

Maybe the battery id dying soon..."memory effects"

The site doesn't link to the 360 ROM anymore. Would the softbank 364 pkg be suitable?

I'm on Rogers, so maybe just go with the latest Rogers ROM? 339?

Installed 2.4.4 RC1 over 2.4.3 for the moment. Super fast, smooth, no errors. Still no tether UI.

Going to hit up a Rogers store in the next few days and see if there is an updated SIM card.

TO Fix your Tether UI issue go into Wireless and Network Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names -> Internet Tethering -> Change APN type from DUN (or whatever its set at) to Default !! Reboot phone and voila now you have your UI for tethering again.

Also, In Dell StageUI my phone does not work as others have posted, I am on stock density.

Edited by chunkd

Guest marvin02

I could not get my dealextreme streak cable to charge/sync with PC/Car charger after upgrading to 2.4 (onwards). Is that normal?

Did not see this issue on dell supplied cable though :(

Anyone had this same issue? can it be fixed? kernel update?

Any help is much appreciated...thx

I had this issue and found that one of my third party cables was bad, as the phone worked with all of my other cables whether Dell OEM ot third party.

Guest marvin02

. . .

Also, In Dell StageUI my phone does not work as others have posted, I am on stock density.

Can you not use it as a phone at all or are you getting an error when you call the phone app from the Dell dock?