[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4.4 RELEASE R1

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest raptoid

You got it the wrong way around. However it still shouldn't get stuck on the Dell logo after flashing a PKG :unsure:

When flashing the PKG did your phone do the following steps:

1. Ask whether you would like to flash
  2. Flash the PKG
  3. Reboot with an Icon displaying a phone / battery
  4. Automatically factory reset
    Not sure which order these two go in
  5. Reboot

Anyone fancy making a video-tutorial / how-to perform a reversal install?

Else I'll try and make one mid-week :)

I look forward to video guide! :D

So.. What programs will be problematic with GingerStreak 2.4.4 ?

Edited by raptoid

Guest PLaY4PLaY

I would like to make a request for the next release.

Please if possible. Add some window transition animations like in CM7 or the SGS Darky's ROM.

( go to 2.31)

Guest lordmorphous

my wifi icon would turn grey(still shows as connected) after a while and stop transferring data, is there anyway to fix this issue?

I've had this problem on every GB rom I've tried. I have read alot on the subject and it seems to affect alot of GB phones, stock and custom. You wouldn't be chance be using a WRT54G router would you? That's what I have and the problem seems to plague these routers, though not only these routers. Tomorrow I'm going to flash Tomato to my router to see if it helps. Some seem to think its related to security settings on the WRT54G and that Tomato (a custom rom for routers for lack of a better description) can help remedy this. I'll report back my findings.

Guest Lloydie

I cannot get a decent keyboard to work on this Rom. noapps, noswype, launcherpro, density160...cannot download better keyboard which I paid for on market. It just does not show in my apps. Maybe we needed more beta testing on this.

Better keyboard is just the right size for my fingers, maybe the gingerbread keyboard was designed for gingerbread men....is the stock froyo keyboard only available with Dell stage?

Amazing Rom....just the keyboard my problem and downloading apps from Market....even though I am at 160.

Guest Papi-jj
I cannot get a decent keyboard to work on this Rom. noapps, noswype, launcherpro, density160...cannot download better keyboard which I paid for on market. It just does not show in my apps. Maybe we needed more beta testing on this.

Better keyboard is just the right size for my fingers, maybe the gingerbread keyboard was designed for gingerbread men....is the stock froyo keyboard only available with Dell stage?

Amazing Rom....just the keyboard my problem and downloading apps from Market....even though I am at 160.

Lol try thumb keyboard.

Guest Slaydog

I have not been able to find Better Keyboard on the market forever, with any rom. Was beginning to wonder if still existed... My favorite keyboard by far. I just use the apk to install.

Do you need/anybody want a copy?

Guest Papi-jj
I have not been able to find Better Keyboard on the market forever, with any rom. Was beginning to wonder if still existed... My favorite keyboard by far. I just use the apk to install.

Do you need/anybody want a copy?

Use amazon app store

Guest jokersdad

Suggest trying T-swipe Pro free version from market.

Very flexible layouts/sizing.

Guest marvin02

The devs of Better keyboard have been blocked from the Android market for TOS violations. Read this.

A similarly named keyboard that IS on the market is not the original. Read this

You should be able to get Better Keyboard 8 in the Amazon Appstore.

Or install one of your backups. ;)

This is not an issue with the ROM.

Guest boonkui

Everything is awesome so far, just wondering i thought there was an option for updating time and date server other then manual and cell network i had one that was using Internet server.

Clocksync,.you meant?

Guest Papi-jj

This is what I get when trying to set up my email account with k9 email. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? I also get similar error with stock email. Look for post #48. For some reason can not upload the photos here.

My link

Sent from the SuperStreak! ;-)

Edited by Papi-jj

Guest angel008

Just experience first random reboot after days of use. It happens when I opened a link in Facebook for Android and redirected to Opera Mobile browser... but still running smooth...

Guest Native texan

I look forward to video guide! :D

So.. What programs will be problematic with GingerStreak 2.4.4 ?

Dont over think it just put the 360 pkg on your sd card rename to update.pkg, flash stock 360 recovery . Then go into factory recovery and update via update.pkg no need to flash dsp amss for stock 360 rom because they are already in the update.pkg your streak should boot up with factory 360 rom . You might want to factory reset after this just to clear any bugs then follow the rest of Azurren guide and you should be good to go! :)

Guest boonkui

Thanks Steve. RC1 is amazingly stable so far. Thanks for the great work.

Donated (ref: 3N3923396V326240W). Cheers.

Edited by boonkui

Guest lordmorphous

Anybody get their music beta to work, or have any tips or tricks for me to try?

Which version of the music app are you using? I don't think the one included in the rom is compatible. Look for the leaked ICS version 4. It looks better in my opinion. I usually have to accept the permissions to access the account and wait a while. Eventually when I open it, the option will be there to link it to my account. A few times (I flash alot), I've had to clear music's data in settings and reboot to make it work. It's finicky.

Guest Tungsifu

Lordmo, its the music beta n I believe its the ics one...everything syncs all my music is there, soon as I open it it looks as though music us playing on eq lights on the right of the song, press play tgen icon in notification bar pops up then shortly after it disappears as if I pressed stop, or it just sits there n loads, both events produce no sound...I've unistalled reinstalled and got one off the marketplace only to have the same outcome...not knowledgeable enough to take apk appart to see if I can splice it, lol

Edit: it was cause everytime I flashed a new rom it accounted for a new device, and cause I'm a little retarded...lol...look for easiest fix first dummy

Edited by Tungsifu

Guest Archer16

I have a little question for steve the way my streack block when i press the button is weird D: its like the way my tv turns off is that something bad? or it is the way it blocks now

Guest Papi-jj
This is what I get when trying to set up my email account with k9 email. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? I also get similar error with stock email. Look for post #48. For some reason can not upload the photos here.

My link

Sent from the SuperStreak! ;-)

Update reflashed rom fixed the issue. :-)

Guest alert_bri

I have a little question for steve the way my streack block when i press the button is weird D: its like the way my tv turns off is that something bad? or it is the way it blocks now

That's the new animation for power down - it's a good thing, don't worry :)

Brian

Guest amcolian

GingerStreak 2.4.4 Release Post

A FACTORY RESET IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ALLOW THIS TO WORK CORRECTLY DUE TO THE NUMBER OF CHANGES, SO BACKUP IS RECOMMENDED

1.1 > INSTALLATION HOW TO

A. You will need to create a text file on your Streak's MicroSD Card. The file can be created in your Text Editor of choice ( such as Notepad ).

B.This file will be called 'install.txt' - Ensure that this is the exact syntax and that the file is saved with a '.txt' suffix.

C.This file must be saved in the root of the sd card.

E.Inside this text file, you may type each option that you select on a separate line.

That is it. You can save this text file as install.txt

You will then boot into recovery ( StreakMod or Clockwork ) and begin the Zip file installation process as usual.

arabic - add arabic mod - will break gps

2.0 > OVERVIEW/SUMMARY OF INSTALLATION PROCESS 1.Download GingerStreak-2.4.4.zip from the links below 2.Place Zip file into Root of SD Card 3.Make a text file and type in the options you would like to chose as shown above. 4.Save file under SDCard>install.txt 5.Boot into StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery 6.Select Update from Zip File > Select Zip File From SD Card > GingerStreak-2.4.4.Zip 7.Wait for installation. 8.First Boot may take longer than a normal boot. Things are being installed, stuff is being generated. Patience. 9.Enjoy. Most Recent Stable Version: v2.4.4 YOU MUST FLASH THE BELOW BASEBAND AND DSP1 IMAGES TO ALLOW THIS BUILD TO WORK CORRECTLY!! Quick How to for flashing the above files - assuming you already have fastboot setup and configures on your pc. 1. reboot your streak and hold the camera button down until you get a white screen, then hit the fastboot option in the top left corner. 2. connect to pc and wait for streak to show FASTBOOT_MODE 3. run the following commands to flash the baseband and dsp1 then reboot

fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn

fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn

fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

Using arabic option in install.txt DOES NOT BREAK GPS IF YOU DO A FACTORY RESET AFTER INSTALLING THE ROM!!!

The GPS might not work for the VERY FIRST time after you start your DELL STREAK... But that only happens once... after that, the GPS works fine and even after reboot!

Guest mingonn

Anyone know what the default resolution is if you don't specify one in the install.txt file?

I flashed with only 'bios' in the file and the icons look a little small and there is lots of space between them, only get 4 across in landscape. Is this normal? Market works fine, so I am assuming its 160 as there is no option for that in the list for lcd densities.

Other than that is seems to work well, am getting the email FC but its no biggie.

Will probably go back to the dell launcher when the dialer bug is fixed.

Donation sent, money well spent.

Anyone know what the default resolution is if you don't specify one in the install.txt file?

I flashed with only 'bios' in the file and the icons look a little small and there is lots of space between them, only get 4 across in landscape. Is this normal? Market works fine, so I am assuming its 160 as there is no option for that in the list for lcd densities.

Other than that is seems to work well, am getting the email FC but its no biggie.

Will probably go back to the dell launcher when the dialer bug is fixed.

Donation sent, money well spent.

Default density is 160.