Official Gary Crutcher's ROM Discussion Thread

Guest Lancez

Guest daveba

@daveba

You have 2 choices about the transparent pulldown:

1. You can install the CWM zip file below which will replace your your SystemUI.apk with one that has no transparent pulldown.

2. You can replace the tw_quickpanel_bg.png with the one below (It's a do-it-yourself operation in case you changed something in your SystemUI.apk and do not want to lose the change(s)) - it's the little black square.

post-557795-0-16442000-1332410206_thumb.

RemoveSysUITransparency.zip

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks Gary. Installing now...

Guest daveba

Thanks Gary. Installing now...

Ok while the .zip fixes the transparency and notifications i lose the circle battery and toggles from the pulldown. I guess i will try and replace the png only.

Guest jusumgeezer

Which ROM did you install? LPQ or LP7?

You may want to replace the kernel (which is ChainFire's kernel w/CWM) with the stock one for the ROM. It's easy to do. Just use WInzip or other zip program and replace the zImage file.

LP7

thanks I'll give that a go...

Guest Gary Crutcher

Ok while the .zip fixes the transparency and notifications i lose the circle battery and toggles from the pulldown. I guess i will try and replace the png only.

Sorry about that...was really tired yesterday. Attached is a corrected SystemUI.zip with quickpanel buttons and circle battery.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest daveba

Sorry about that...was really tired yesterday. Attached is a corrected SystemUI.zip with quickpanel buttons and circle battery.

Seems it's not the transparency that's doing it but the notification_item_background_color_pressed/notification_item_background_color that's affecting the colors in the notification bar. I wonder why no one else is seeing it ? See below. Quite unreadable white on lightgrey. I need to figure out apktool decompiling and recompiling.

Screenshot_2012-03-24-13-17-20.png

Guest Gary Crutcher

Seems it's not the transparency that's doing it but the notification_item_background_color_pressed/notification_item_background_color that's affecting the colors in the notification bar. I wonder why no one else is seeing it ? See below. Quite unreadable white on lightgrey. I need to figure out apktool decompiling and recompiling.

Screenshot_2012-03-24-13-17-20.png

Here is a snapshot of my wife's pulldown. This is what I originally posted on Modaco.

post-557795-0-47950700-1332597864_thumb.

As you can see there is no problem with the colors. I have not changed those images even though I have done many more customizations on my phone.

Did you notice this right after you installed the ROM or after you re-installed all your programs?

Guest daveba

Here is a snapshot of my wife's pulldown. This is what I originally posted on Modaco.

As you can see there is no problem with the colors. I have not changed those images even though I have done many more customizations on my phone.

Did you notice this right after you installed the ROM or after you re-installed all your programs?

It seems it only happens for some notifications - like "Tasker" , "k-9 email", "GO sms", etc, but not all. Some do appear in the correct colors (like yours so black background). I think it appeared after i installed all the other apps. Anyhow, if no one else is seeing it, then the problem is on my end. That's enough for me to investigate at my end. Thanks for all the responses.

Guest Gary Crutcher

It seems it only happens for some notifications - like "Tasker" , "k-9 email", "GO sms", etc, but not all. Some do appear in the correct colors (like yours so black background). I think it appeared after i installed all the other apps. Anyhow, if no one else is seeing it, then the problem is on my end. That's enough for me to investigate at my end. Thanks for all the responses.

I use k-9 email and Go sms, so I will do some more checking to see if it is an issue with the ROM.

Edit: No problem with k-9 mail or GO sms. Maybe one of your other apps changed something.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest JadeMonkee

I have the same problem. It seems to occur only on non-ongoing notifications. All on-going notifications are the correct colour.

I don't believe it happened on LPQ, but it happens on LP7.

Guest Gary Crutcher

I have the same problem. It seems to occur only on non-ongoing notifications. All on-going notifications are the correct colour.

I don't believe it happened on LPQ, but it happens on LP7.

Since I have not experienced this with GO sms, k-9 mail or other applications, I can only surmise the following:

It's most likely a problem with:

1. Samsung's LPQ ROM

or

2. An application that has been installed

I have not changed any code that would affect the colour of the area in the pulldown where messages are displayed.

One thing I have noticed in LPQ is that Samsung changed their code such that the scrollable quickpanel buttons do not

continue scrolling with a long swipe. It was not this way in LPH. Therefore, it could be that Samsung has changed other things that cause colors to change depending on what is running or not running on the ROM.

Guest daveba

Since I have not experienced this with GO sms, k-9 mail or other applications, I can only surmise the following:

It's most likely a problem with:

1. Samsung's LPQ ROM

or

2. An application that has been installed

I have not changed any code that would affect the colour of the area in the pulldown where messages are displayed.

One thing I have noticed in LPQ is that Samsung changed their code such that the scrollable quickpanel buttons do not

continue scrolling with a long swipe. It was not this way in LPH. Therefore, it could be that Samsung has changed other things that cause colors to change depending on what is running or not running on the ROM.

Hi Gary, i think its the changes you are making to the SystemUI.apk for the toggles/clock since the one i downloaded from here (with the toggles and clock change but not as nice looking as yours) works fine with all notifications. I was wrong earlier, and neither go-sms nor k-9 sees the problem, but Tasker and Whatsapp notifications do exhibit it for sure. Perhaps the decompile/recompile is screwing something up with apktool and ICS. I don't think an app will have ability to change the global system notification colors or else we wouldn't need to fiddle with decompiling and recompiling the SystemUI.apk.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi Gary, i think its the changes you are making to the SystemUI.apk for the toggles/clock since the one i downloaded from here (with the toggles and clock change but not as nice looking as yours) works fine with all notifications. I was wrong earlier, and neither go-sms nor k-9 sees the problem, but Tasker and Whatsapp notifications do exhibit it for sure. Perhaps the decompile/recompile is screwing something up with apktool and ICS. I don't think an app will have ability to change the global system notification colors or else we wouldn't need to fiddle with decompiling and recompiling the SystemUI.apk.

I use whatsapp alot with my wife and I just tested it...No difference. I am using the same SystemUI.apk as I uploaded except with the statusbar clock removed.

I have downloaded the other SystemUI.apk and will compare the two.

Guest Malteser

Anybody tried to change the lock screen background with one of your own pictures? I can't seem to do it - it just seems to freeze with the screen completely black and finally comes back with an error that "Unfortunately, gallery has stopped"

**EDIT**

I had not done a factory reset after install. Did it and all it fine now. :)

Edited by Malteser

Guest daveba

I use whatsapp alot with my wife and I just tested it...No difference. I am using the same SystemUI.apk as I uploaded except with the statusbar clock removed.

I have downloaded the other SystemUI.apk and will compare the two.

Very strange. The only difference then is that i have "Tasker" running, but i'm nearly sure it's not that as it doesn't exhibit the same behavior with the other SystemUI.apk mentioned.

Also are you planning a LP3 version ? It seems to have a newer build and changelog and reportedly the smoothest rom (as smooth as GB roms).

thanks

Guest Gary Crutcher

Very strange. The only difference then is that i have "Tasker" running, but i'm nearly sure it's not that as it doesn't exhibit the same behavior with the other SystemUI.apk mentioned.

Also are you planning a LP3 version ? It seems to have a newer build and changelog and reportedly the smoothest rom (as smooth as GB roms).

thanks

I have summer school to teach so not much time to work on the SystemUI.apk issue, although I plan to investigate it.

As far as LP3, yes I will make a ROM for it...maybe this weekend if I have time (fingers crossed)

Guest Mug UK

Did my phone last night .. a few mini grumbles but mostly down to me not setting up Titanium to back up / restore everything I thought it would do. Had to sign back into a few apps but that's about it so far.

Only oddity is the consistent notification that I've got a software update. I open up the app, agree to the Dislaimer, click on Confirm and then it comes back with a 'Processing Failed' after trying to register the device. How do I remove this completely?

Also found (so far) the following programs don't like ICS 4.0.3:

B&B Gallery - resorted to using the stock gallery for now as none of the others that I've tried come close to the features B&B Gallery had. Can't seem to redownload it on Google Play either.

Play Books - really didn't like it, but after removing it and reinstalling it, all seems fine.

I'm sure there will be other niggles but them's the breaks.

Nice work Gary .. I await your next update as and when :)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Gary, is 15 toggles stock themed or ics themed on ur LP3?

15 toggles are ics themed (blue 3d).

Did you want original non-ics themed icons?

Guest Lancez

15 toggles are ics themed (blue 3d).

Did you want original non-ics themed icons?

yes, I 'd love to have original themed toggles and battery %. I've tried some ics custom roms but always back to ur DXKL3 because of the damn ics theme :D thanks in advance.

Guest Gary Crutcher

yes, I 'd love to have original themed toggles and battery %. I've tried some ics custom roms but always back to ur DXKL3 because of the damn ics theme :D thanks in advance.

Ok, will do.

Will be on Sunday, though as the Internet really, really, sucks today.

After 5 hours of uploading to filefactory.com my XXLP3 ROM, it is still not uploaded (100MB to go).

And .... I still have to upload to insync a 3rd copy of the ROM. We have a thunderstorm here tonight.

Guest Lancez

Ok, will do.

Will be on Sunday, though as the Internet really, really, sucks today.

After 5 hours of uploading to filefactory.com my XXLP3 ROM, it is still not uploaded (100MB to go).

And .... I still have to upload to insync a 3rd copy of the ROM. We have a thunderstorm here tonight.

really appreciated! it's gonna be easier if you could make an update zip.

P.S. is the internet speed that bad? now i'm worried about whether if i can get online or not when i get there next month :P

Guest Gary Crutcher

@Lancez

Here is the original lidroid-res.apk (green icons)

It is a CWM zip file so you can install using CWM.

Hope this is what you want. Please save backup of the lidroid-res.zip in case something goes wrong or you want to go back.

Enjoy

Gary

Lidroid-res.zip

Guest Lancez

thanks, works great, however, the battery % icon is still ICS style. anyway to make it my own? haven't tried UTO kichen on ICS yet, do you know if it'll work?

if i wanna go back to stock toggles and battery icon, what should i do? just delete lidroid_res.apk and replace with stock systemUI.apk?

P.S. LP3 is working buttery smooth :D

Guest Gary Crutcher

Here's my phone (XWLP3) with a little theming. I do not post themed ROMs as everyone has a preference about what they like, but I though I would share this.

post-557795-0-32377100-1333252521_thumb.post-557795-0-02450100-1333252538_thumb.post-557795-0-18346600-1333252575_thumb.post-557795-0-58783700-1333252599_thumb.post-557795-0-80874700-1333252623_thumb.post-557795-0-53649100-1333252671_thumb.