How to unlock your OMC/SKATE

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Guest kevwales

I just checked one of my nand backups, Copied the system.img and boot.img into the original_update dir in dsixda kitchen,

made a working dir, checked system/ect nv_4319.txt and it had my original mac address.

Anybody want to confirm.

that wifi fix is not working for me i just get >> your phone dosent write mac address please confirm ???

is this the message others where getting before replacing there mac address ???

Edited by tillaz

Guest xiaoyaoswim

get a donate link up & don't be shy about it.. you deserve it wink.gif

Haha, here comes the linklaugh.gif It's my fist time to use paypal donation, hope I have put it correctly.

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Hello everyone, if you have successfully unlocked your OMC using my method and you are happy to donate a small amount towards my new OMC, I would be very grateful. Please do not donate more than £10, as I’m not aiming to make money from this. I just want to get a new OMC. I think helping people and sharing experience on our beloved OMC with people will be much more joy than just getting money.

Guest kevwales

that wifi fix is not working for me i just get >> your phone dosent write mac address please confirm ???

I did not get this message, i just edited this: macaddr=11:22:33:44:55:66 and replaced with my own. Saved then turned on wi-fi and it worked.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

No, I don't get these. Just edit, save, and it worked.

You might enter an invalid address try a new one instead.

Guest TouchyAndalou

What is this file? What does it contain & do, please? These fragments will come together soon, but are SO confusing until then, thanks.

When you go to run the unlock program, certain people were getting an error message saying that the above file is missing (perhaps something to do with vista/win 7 account permissions or something) Manually downloading the file corrects the problem and, in my case at least, allows you to unlock without a hitch (apart from the wifi problem, of course)

Guest glossywhite

If all else fails with this, would a STOCK ORANGE TPT "image.bin" recover the phone, and relock it, as per the factory state?

(I suggest you manually backup the Channel1.nvm file generated when you run the flash tool for the first time. It is essential as you could get your NV back by this file.)

All very well saying that, but how?...

[EDIT]

Never mind. It does it automatically!

Edited by glossywhite

my mac address is right but still not working... connects via wifi but gives the message

your phone dosent write mac address please confirm!

and fails to load any data/pages

Edited by tillaz

Guest glossywhite

my mac address is right but still not working... connects via wifi but gives the message

Here is my sequence of events:

1/ TPT'd back to STOCK ORANGE (untouched TPT image for OUK from ZTE site)

2/ Followed the flash procedure on page 2, complete with the "RecordCSV.sdi" in the same folder as the .exe

3/ Tried it out, and unlocked!

3/ TPT'd again, as step 1. Still unlocked, but WiFi MAC = 11:22:33:44:55:66 as others have said

At least it is unlocked!! :D

Thank you SO much, and God bless you for this freedom! Will fix MAC tomorrow...

... at least I am giffgaff'd!

Edited by glossywhite

Guest xiaoyaoswim

2/ Followed the flash procedure on page 2, complete with the "RecordCSV.sdi" in the same folder as the .exe

3/ TPT'd again, as step 1. Still unlocked, but WiFi MAC = 11:22:33:44:55:66 as others have said

Congratulations!

Yes, Orange TPT or any TPT will never relock your mobile, as cefs.mbn couldn't be flashed by TPT.

Still don't know what cause the wifi problem, it seems that is not in NV either....

when you turn wifi on dose it say your phone dosent write mac address please confirm!

Guest xiaoyaoswim

strange... and you seems to be the only one who suffer from this.

Have you try to flash to stock ROM?

Guest xiaoyaoswim

when you turn wifi on dose it say your phone dosent write mac address please confirm!

For me it only appeared before I modified the mac. So I still think it is due to an invalid MAC address, you may try simple one like 00-50-56-C0-00-08

strange... and you seems to be the only one who suffer from this.

Have you try to flash to stock ROM?

lol i'm just unlucky...

tried just about everything, going to run the process again & see if that helps smile.gif

For me it only appeared before I modified the mac. So I still think it is due to an invalid MAC address, you may try simple one like 00-50-56-C0-00-08

thanks, will try this smile.gif

tried this but gives the same error...blink.gif