How to unlock your OMC/SKATE

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Guest Mikejgeo

Unlock was successful. Wifi was the same issue as has been reported earlier today.

I therefore tried to root, this bricked the phone [just sat at the Andriod]

Reflashed and all is well apart from Wifi, I will wait for better instructions to change the MAC address.

OP:

THANK YOU!:rolleyes:

Guest tilal6991

Unlock was successful. Wifi was the same issue as has been reported earlier today.

I therefore tried to root, this bricked the phone [just sat at the Andriod]

Reflashed and all is well apart from Wifi, I will wait for better instructions to change the MAC address.

OP:

THANK YOU!:rolleyes:

Try tpt to fix mac address.

Guest Mikejgeo

Try tpt to fix mac address.

err will go away and look that up.... :-)

with regard to rooting I used Paul's orginal instructions for 2.3.4, might have been my issue.

Thanks,

Mike

Guest zomgbugs

Yaaay!

Sim unlock works, but seems the reason my turbosim wasn't working might've been because of my giffgaff sim, just tried it on mc, and it wouldn't work, then tried virgin, and it worked fine.

The giffgaff one doesn't seem to want to connect to the O2 netework. No matter - will be getting another one in a couple of days.

Edited by zomgbugs

Guest KonstaT

Replacing thesystem.img is no problem at all. For recovery img, you MUST use a stock one, asit ensure your phone enter into FTM mode properly.For changing boot img, it could be fine but I'm not 100% sure.

Congratulations on finding the the unlock solution. :)

You don't have to use the windows flasher to flash a stock ROM (or any ROM). You could just use empty system.img and use a copy of ClockWorkMod as boot.img. This way you could keep the download size smaller and flashing process faster. It's very important to have the original FTM-recovery as a recovery.img though because it is needed during the flash process (iirc it's also used in copying nvitems, not just to get the flashing started). This way your phone would boot straight into ClockWorkMod after flashing and you could use it to install the ROM of your choice (and also install ClockWorkMod back to recovery partition).

You've already read this topic in the Blade forum so I guess you know all this already. It would be also great to have simple flashable .zips to restore FTM-recovery and to install ClockWorkMod back after the flashing included in the package.

Guest zomgbugs

You don't have to use the windows flasher to flash a stock ROM (or any ROM). You could just use empty system.img and use a copy of ClockWorkMod as boot.img. This way you could keep the download size smaller and flashing process faster. It's very important to have the original FTM-recovery as a recovery.img though because it is needed during the flash process (iirc it's also used in copying nvitems, not just to get the flashing started). This way your phone would boot straight into ClockWorkMod after flashing and you could use it to install the ROM of your choice (and also install ClockWorkMod back to recovery partition).

You've already read this topic in the Blade forum so I guess you know all this already. It would be also great to have simple flashable .zips to restore FTM-recovery and to install ClockWorkMod back after the flashing included in the package.

There already is, someone else uploaded one that lets u change to ftm recovery, don't have time to link it; g2g, I'm sure someone will giv a link.

Guest Indiant

Great job xiaoyaoswim! You give us the hope back. Let me ask, if the files of the method working with ZTE Skate too? So the cefs.mbn can be used with Skate's rom? Can we reverse the unlock not to lose the garantie?

Guest gitf@ce

I'm surprised with all these wifi issues :huh: is it a case of routers not recognising the first two mac address digits as 00? I had this problem years ago with my Netgear so I changed the offending comp to 00:12:34:56 etc and it worked fine. Maybe mobiles are different?

Guest gregorv

This is realy great news, big thanks to xiaoyaoswim and others.

We now need "unlocking zte skate for dummies", step by step tutorial,

We are not all such experts as you guys are.

I hope now also rom development will explode and we will see more good roms.

Thank you.

Kind regards.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Could someone who lost wifi please try to flash back to stock orange tpt and see if their problem still exists

According to glossywhite, TPT orange stock back cannot fix the wifi problem.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

And op - are you sure the lock is in cefs.mbn and not amss.mbn

Yes, I'm quite sure. I have tried TPT all the roms except cefs.mbn, before using FTH flash - The simlock was still there.

I bought an unlocked Skate outside of UK but just wanted to let xiaoyaoswim know what a good job he did. The OMC popularity will rise due to this and a larger community will grow around this phone.

So even if I don't need this unlock method, still a big thanks to xiaoyaoswim!

Guest xiaoyaoswim

err will go away and look that up.... :-)

with regard to rooting I used Paul's orginal instructions for 2.3.4, might have been my issue.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, Paul's superboot.img is for 2.3.4 only, you need another superboot rom to root a 2.3.5 version. I will add a link later.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Thanks for your suggestion, that's surely a good idea. I couldn't make a perfect package yesterday. I think tilal6991 might be able to include those into his revised guide.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

xiaoyaoswim... could you please add your paypal donate link to your signature (under profile). It will be much easier for all donators to find... Thanks!

Signature updated.rolleyes.gif

Donated! Confirmation number: 48C590637R488843G (Vincent).

I'd much rather give you my twenty quid than Orange... well done mate!

Cheers Vincent! You are so generous.

Another unlocking success here biggrin.gif just got to update mac and see if i can get wifi working again.

Thanks for the unlock solution, I'll donate towards your new Ferrari phone soon.

Mike