How to unlock your OMC/SKATE

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Guest MarcinusMarcinusus

WiFi works without problems after editing system/etc/nv4319 and nv4329. Txt files.

Remember to write same Mac address in it.

Restart and wifi works

Guest Mikejgeo

Mike, Paul's superboot.img is for 2.3.4 only, you need another superboot rom to root a 2.3.5 version. I will add a link later.

I know that now! :-)

I should not have been so eager and read the thread properly.....

We do need an idiots guide to getting Wifi running properly

Mike

Edited by Mikejgeo

Guest Mikejgeo

WiFi works without problems after editing system/etc/nv4319 and nv4329. Txt files.

Remember to write same Mac address in it.

Restart and wifi works

Bit more info needed please!

Mike

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Great job xiaoyaoswim! You give us the hope back. Let me ask, if the files of the method working with ZTE Skate too? So the cefs.mbn can be used with Skate's rom? Can we reverse the unlock not to lose the garantie?

Theoreticallyspeaking, this method is working with ZTE Skate too. It is unnecessary in theterms of unlocking – all the retail version of Skate is factory unlocked.

However it mightbe your last chance to save your quasi-brick handset even the NVitemsgone corrupt, since the FTM-flashing is probably the lowest level of romflashing, which is used by ZTE service. So far as I know, you could flash yourdevice in FTM mode providing the official recovery partition is workingproperly. In fact my toileted OMC could be FTM flashed tootongue.gif, even though thereis no display at all.

Another good thingis that, I`ve found from our forum that some varieties of ZTE Skate sold inother countries are also locked to certain provider, I guess these OMC’srelatives could also be unlocked by this method.

As to reverse tothe sim-locking state in order to get warranty, I’m afraid I cannot found a wayto do that. That is because I cannot find a locked cefs.mbn.

Guest Indiant

Theoreticallyspeaking, this method is working with ZTE Skate too. It is unnecessary in theterms of unlocking – all the retail version of Skate is factory unlocked.

However it mightbe your last chance to save your quasi-brick handset even the NVitemsgone corrupt, since the FTM-flashing is probably the lowest level of romflashing, which is used by ZTE service. So far as I know, you could flash yourdevice in FTM mode providing the official recovery partition is workingproperly. In fact my toileted OMC could be FTM flashed tootongue.gif, even though thereis no display at all.

Another good thingis that, I`ve found from our forum that some varieties of ZTE Skate sold inother countries are also locked to certain provider, I guess these OMC’srelatives could also be unlocked by this method.

As to reverse tothe sim-locking state in order to get warranty, I’m afraid I cannot found a wayto do that. That is because I cannot find a locked cefs.mbn.

Well, at last we know the possibilities. In my skate there is a locked cefs.mbn, can I somehow dump it? (QPST... , or I think it needs a special hardware too)

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Sorry currently I cannot make a step-by-step guide to manuallyfix the wifi,since I got no working handset to capture screen etc. Here is a brief description:

Basically,you need to root your phone first, and then download some file manager like ES FileExplorer fromthe market, change the option in the software to fully acquire root access, followingby going to the directory of system/etc.Thereyou will find two files named nv-4**9, press and select some menu like editing andthen change the macaddr=00:11:22:33:44:55 to a valid address (Ideally to youroriginal MAC). If not, you can try some simple one like 00-50-56-C0-00-08. Editand save for both nv-4**9 files. You should get wifi workingnow. Hope this helps.

PS there are some links/methods provided by other users on page 11. It’s worthto try.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I'm surprised with all these wifi issues :huh: is it a case of routers not recognising the first two mac address digits as 00? I had this problem years ago with my Netgear so I changed the offending comp to 00:12:34:56 etc and it worked fine. Maybe mobiles are different?

I'm surprised too. 00:11:22:33:44:55 is fine in the format of mac address, but I guess it might be blacklisted by some routers 'cause it's obviously not a genuine MAC. Waiting for someone to figure out the whole wifi issue.

Think I may have solved the wifi issue blink.gif

the nv-4**9 files are in two locations, \etc and \system\etc

I had to change the address in all of them before wifi would work

Guest Mikejgeo

Think I may have solved the wifi issue blink.gif

the nv-4**9 files are in two locations, \etc and \system\etc

I had to change the address in all of them before wifi would work

But how to access those 2 locations please!....

Mike

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I've mencioned your EXCELENT work in here http://androidpt.com...47277&Itemid=61 hope you don't mind.

If you do not wish to share this info with other forums please tell me and i'll remove the post.

Thanks for the unlock method.

It's always great to share with friends and attract more people to the development of Skate.

I notice that this is your virgin post here since registration. How honoured am I LOL

Guest Darkdominus

It's always great to share with friends and attract more people to the development of Skate.

I notice that this is your virgin post here since registration. How honoured am I LOL

lol, it's truth. Here is the first post. You work is excelent as i mencioned before that's why i've posted. You really deserve. I'm new to OMC, but used to post a lot in other forum with the blade.

But how to access those 2 locations please!....

I use ES file explorer. in settings tick root explorer and mount file system

Then in the file screen press the left button (image of a sd card) to get to the system file system, then you see the folders for ect and system, go into them and find the file you want to edit, click it and complete action using es note editor.

I've mencioned your EXCELENT work in here http://androidpt.com...47277&Itemid=61 hope you don't mind.

If you do not wish to share this info with other forums please tell me and i'll remove the post.

Thanks for the unlock method.

Honestly I'd rather not to get this posted there until some forum rules get cleared out.

androidPT does not support SIM Unlock(look in rules, #15), so for now your thread is deleted.

When this issue is all settled I will let you know for you to post a proper guide if you want.

Guest Simon O

Honestly I'd rather not to get this posted there until some forum rules get cleared out.

androidPT does not support SIM Unlock(look in rules, #15), so for now your thread is deleted.

When this issue is all settled I will let you know for you to post a proper guide if you want.

Most ridiculous forum rule ever :blink:

The thing is that that rule is not quite clear...

Afaik androidPT does not support at all SIM Unlock for money, but there is nothing clear about free sharing you see?

That's what I'm trying to get clear with the remaining staff members.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I bought an unlocked Skate outside of UK but just wanted to let xiaoyaoswim know what a good job he did. The OMC popularity will rise due to this and a larger community will grow around this phone.

So even if I don't need this unlock method, still a big thanks to xiaoyaoswim!

Well, a great community is built by everyone. Isn't it fantastic to have a dynamic community around Skate.laugh.gif