How to unlock your OMC/SKATE

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Guest glossywhite

Well, a great community is built by everyone. Isn't it fantastic to have a dynamic community around Skate.laugh.gif

Hi dude. I wasn't able to donate much to you, but my ref is: 38R20570T4011341S

God bless you!

Guest xiaoyaoswim

The thing is that that rule is not quite clear...

Afaik androidPT does not support at all SIM Unlock for money, but there is nothing clear about free sharing you see?

That's what I'm trying to get clear with the remaining staff members.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've no idea with the rules in that forum...

Guest glossywhite

Updated both txt files in "/etc" and in "/system/etc" and WiFi now works, but toast still comes up and says "your phone dosent write mac address please confirm!"

It's working, though! :D

Thanks for pointing that out. I've no idea with the rules in that forum...

It has been settled that free unlocking methods are accepted in our community! :)

Any unlocking methods that ask for money(donations not included ofc) are not accepted there.

Guest Mikejgeo

I use ES file explorer. in settings tick root explorer and mount file system

Then in the file screen press the left button (image of a sd card) to get to the system file system, then you see the folders for ect and system, go into them and find the file you want to edit, click it and complete action using es note editor.

Phone is rooted but when in ES Explorer when I try to tick Root Explorer, I get "sorry test failed......"

Any ideas?

Mike

Guest Mikejgeo

I seem to have a problem with sms, i can send ok, but not receive!

This is with cm7,stock orange and online update.

Mine is ok, using the stock 2.3.5. system.img from todays unlock.

Guest Indiant

xiaoyaoswim,

it is possible that the cefs.mbn file you provide in the solution is the same that used in other MoDaCo topic "Save ur Bricked V880" - Orange_GEN1_136mb_sysem_no_oem_15mb_cache. So it is same as Blade has.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

xiaoyaoswim,

it is possible that the cefs.mbn file you provide in the solution is the same that used in other MoDaCo topic "Save ur Bricked V880" - Orange_GEN1_136mb_sysem_no_oem_15mb_cache. So it is same as Blade has.

I guess you are talking about this topic

Please give a link for the blade rom you mentioned, I cannot find it.

Guest unrandomsam

It has been settled that free unlocking methods are accepted in our community! :)

Any unlocking methods that ask for money(donations not included ofc) are not accepted there.

Unless you are from htccode then you can spam the forum at will. (Even though its a total rip off and not a good method in most cases (no s-off etc).

Unless you are from htccode then you can spam the forum at will. (Even though its a total rip off and not a good method in most cases (no s-off etc).

Sorry...what? :blink:

Guest KonstaT

Actually this cefs.mbn also MD5 matches to one that that was previously included in ZTE Blade gen1->gen2 TPTs (obviously doesn't get flashed during that and wbaw has since removed it from newer versions).

That cefs.mbn might even date back to old hungarian Blade gen1 update. Atleast wbaw says it's 'gen1'. wbaw has left the board and edited his post but here is some of it quoted here:

Edit. Yeah, cefs.mbn is exactly the same as in hungarian update from last december. :)

The technical bit...

This includes a mix of Gen1 & Gen2 firmware files to make it work. Everything important for roms is Gen2 ... here are the files.

Gen1: cefs.mbn, oemsbl.mbn, oemsblhd.mbn, partition.mbn, qcsbl.mbn, qcsbl_cfgdata.mbn

Gen2: amss.mbn, amsshd.mbn, appsboot.mbn, appsboothd.mbn, partition_zte.mbn

If you want to experiment then it's important to make sure that oemsbl.mbn & partition.mbn are from the same version. Do not use the appsboot.mbn or partition_zte.mbn on a proper Gen2 phone.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest TouchyAndalou

Re: the wifi issue, I wrote down my mac address before running the unlock after reading the problems people were having. I unlocked the phone successfully, installed root for 2.3.5 and installed recovery. I then entered clockwork and did full wipes (including under mounts and storage: data, cache, boot, system) before flashing Bluemonte 1.8d. Then I went to edit the two files containing the macaddy and they already matched the original figures I'd written down, i.e. I didn't need to change anything. I can't test wifi because I don't have a connection here, but I'm assuming it should work fine.

Guest MarcinusMarcinusus

To fix your WiFi:

1.Root your Phone

2.Install Es File Explorer

3.Go to settings in Es File Exp and allow acces to read/write system files.

4.Go to System/etc and find nv_4319 and nv_4329

5.Edit via Es editor

6.You will find 2 mac adrreses but change only second one

7.Do same thing for nv_4329

DONT FORGET TO SAVE YOUR CHANGES

8.Restart Phone

9.Now your WiFi works

Guest putbinoot

can someone shed light on this for me, in instructions as follows. when you click link you have to choices is it the top ZTE-SKATEV1.0.0.B1 or botttom GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01. It's just that in the instructions it mentions skate then reo2xor but skate seems to be top and reo2xor seems to be bottom, or an i just being dumb. cheers.

2. Download system.img (which is the 2.3.5 stock rom of retail Skate, provided by reo2xor )

also "and put system.img under the fold of FTM flash tools \files." does that just mean put the system file inside the files folder.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest scaredymike

Hi everyone,  I'm a lurker (I have no expertise to share so I keep my mouth shut) It's fantastic that this is pretty much sorted, though I still couldn't do it until somebody produces an idiots' guide  I'm just wondering whether some other people on here should get some share of the donations too - seems several of you have put a lot of effort into this  Trouble is, I'm not knowledgeable enough even to know who the real contributors have been Would anyone like to suggest who has been/is a really big help on this subject ?  (sorry if this is inappropriate; I don't really know how this all works) (Edit/add - Christ, I don't even know how to start a new line on my posts!)

Edited by scaredymike

Guest xiaoyaoswim

can someone shed light on this for me, in instructions as follows. when you click link you have to choices is it the top ZTE-SKATEV1.0.0.B1 or botttom GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01. It's just that in the instructions it mentions skate then reo2xor but skate seems to be top and reo2xor seems to be bottom, or an i just being dumb. cheers.

2. Download system.img (which is the 2.3.5 stock rom of retail Skate, provided by reo2xor )

also "and put system.img under the fold of FTM flash tools \files." does that just mean put the system file inside the files folder.

Sorry about the confusion, I think the link was missing when I revised my post.

the download link for system.img should be

http://www.4shared.c...zUr/system.html

Yep, that just means put the system.img inside the files folder.

Hi everyone, I'm a lurker (I have no expertise to share so I keep my mouth shut) It's fantastic that this is pretty much sorted, though I still couldn't do it until somebody produces an idiots' guide I'm just wondering whether some other people on here should get some share of the donations too - seems several of you have put a lot of effort into this Trouble is, I'm not knowledgeable enough even to know who the real contributors have been Would anyone like to suggest who has been/is a really big help on this subject ? (sorry if this is inappropriate; I don't really know how this all works) (Edit/add - Christ, I don't even know how to start a new line on my posts!)

The person who found this is: xyaoyaoswim