How to unlock your OMC/SKATE

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Called the guy from the store to not unlock it, he already managed to read the code from the system files(so the code is readable).

Just used this method and made it unlock!

A beer on the way mate, cheers!

http://wwwen.zte.com...data/mobile/UK/

http://wwwen.zte.com...88240734380.zip <---- firmware

1/ Create an empty folder and name it "image", in the root of your microSD card

2/ Extract the ZIP that you downloaded above, and place the "image.bin" into the folder named "image", from step 1

3/ Power down, then hold MENU (middle button under screen [has 3 lines on it] + VOL UP + POWER)

Your OMC will restore itself back to factory fresh, and then reboot itself. You should see a totally black screen, with a green progress bar at the top, with some small text. That is how you TPT, or "Total Phone Transfer" your OMC.

:)

Thankyou for the links.

Just one thing,which one of them is to be used in image folder ?

edit: Oh I see,both the same.lol

Edited by Guest

Guest ninjagordy

Thankyou for the links.

Just one thing,which one of them is to be used in image folder ?

edit: Oh I see,both the same.lol

im i rename the .img file in the blumonte rar to system.img will it work if i use it in the files folder or does it need to be the one in the download, just thinking i could save some time doing this....

chearz

Gordy ;-)

Guest arnoldziq

im i rename the .img file in the blumonte rar to system.img will it work if i use it in the files folder or does it need to be the one in the download, just thinking i could save some time doing this....

chearz

Gordy ;-)

Don't do it !

Unlock phone, then install Clockwork Recover and install Bluemonte from SD card.

Guest glossywhite

OP, you should change the title of this topic to > how to unlock OMC/SKATE

Yes, the title is a little confusing. I vote to rename it :)

You're a super guy for giving us this. Thank you! I can now leave my Orange SIM to gather dust! haha!

Guest john.smith

Now I've found the right rooting file from here:

Tried ES File Explorer, managed to edit and save the two text files, the system generated BAK backup files also, however, no luck in enabling wifi.

Any ideas?

Guest tilal6991

so to clarify.

Can we run the flasher without putting system.img in flasher folder,then install clockworkmod followed by install from sd ?

2 secs - I'm about to publish my tutorial - that should make everything clear.

Guest glossywhite

I have promoted this article on giffgaff forums: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/How-to-permanently-unlock-the-Orange-quot-Monte-Carlo-quot-this/td-p/2094889

May I urge the author of this amazing information, to get himself a giffgaff SIM, register on the forums and post any further info on there. You'll get kudos coming out your ears, and the more ratings you get, the more reward credit you'll receive. I currently have £59 reward credit, and I don't even know which posts earned it! :D

Amazing tutorial, and giffgaff are the perfect compliment to this guide!

God bless you man.

Guest unrandomsam

I have promoted this article on giffgaff forums: http://community.gif...is/td-p/2094889

May I urge the author of this amazing information, to get himself a giffgaff SIM, register on the forums and post any further info on there. You'll get kudos coming out your ears, and the more ratings you get, the more reward credit you'll receive. I currently have £59 reward credit, and I don't even know which posts earned it! :D

Amazing tutorial, and giffgaff are the perfect compliment to this guide!

God bless you man.

SFR cefs.mbn attached

cefs.zip

Guest glossywhite

SFR cefs.mbn attached

Would you mind explaining to us all the purpose of this file? Attaching files mid-thread often tends to be quite bewildering.

Thank you :)

Guest tilal6991

Would you mind explaining to us all the purpose of this file? Attaching files mid-thread often tends to be quite bewildering.

Thank you :)

This should help us solve the mac adress issue.

Guest tilal6991

So this file fixes it automatically, and it has been tested? :)

Cheers! :)

NO. Don't flash or your phone will be locked to SFR france. Not the best of ideas if you are in the UK :)

Guest glossywhite

I think everyone gets that message from what I've heard.

I do, but it works! Hotspot mode works fine too :)

NO. Don't flash or your phone will be locked to SFR france. Not the best of ideas if you are in the UK :)

Urrm, no you're right :P

Edited by glossywhite