How to unlock your OMC/SKATE

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Guest glossywhite

Right. Let me get this straight.

When I unlocked my OMC, I then copied the .txt files with the MAC addresses, via adb pull. The commented "#" MAC address was totally different to my original MAC address, which I took screenshots of before ANY of this was done, but the UNcommented MAC address was 11:22:33:44:55:66.

So, are you suggesting that we give the handset a brand new MAC address, by copying the commented one, and putting it in place of the UNcommented 11:22:33:44:55:66 ?

I just wanted to get this straight in my mind, as there always appears to be a mass of badly explained, confusing (and conflicting) info on this forum, not pointing out any one person, we're all human, but it pays to slow down, step back, and take account of what's going on, to save confusion.

In a nutshell, the lines I see in my nv_4319, that pertain to MAC addresses, BEFORE fixing them, are:

cckpo=0 

ofdmpo=0x11111111 

mcs2gpo0=0x8888 

mcs2gpo1=0x8888 

boardnum=1 

#macaddr=00:90:4c:14:43:19 

macaddr=11:22:33:44:55:66

My original MAC was totally different to the one commented out on line 6 of the code above. Do I clone line 6 MAC to line 7 MAC, or do I replace BOTH MACs on lines 6 & 7, with the original one I screenshotted, pre-unlocked state?

I suspect that the red MAC address on line 6 above, is seen by many other people on the forum, seeing as we're all using the same method & files; is this correct? :)

Confused? yes.

PS: Yes, I know we must do this for /etc and /system/etc, four files total.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest tilal6991

Right. Let me get this straight.

When I unlocked my OMC, I then copied the .txt files with the MAC addresses, via adb pull. The commented "#" MAC address was totally different to my original MAC address, which I took screenshots of before ANY of this was done, but the UNcommented MAC address was 11:22:33:44:55:66.

So, are you suggesting that we give the handset a brand new MAC address, by copying the commented one, and putting it in place of the UNcommented 11:22:33:44:55:66 ?

I just wanted to get this straight in my mind, as there always appears to be a mass of badly explained, confusing (and conflicting) info on this forum, not pointing out any one person, we're all human, but it pays to slow down, step back, and take account of what's going on, to save confusion.

In a nutshell, the lines I see in my nv_4319, that pertain to MAC addresses, BEFORE fixing them, are:

cckpo=0 
ofdmpo=0x11111111
mcs2gpo0=0x8888
mcs2gpo1=0x8888
boardnum=1
#macaddr=00:90:4c:14:43:19
macaddr=11:22:33:44:55:66[/code]

My [i]original[/i] MAC was totally different to the one commented out on line 6 of the code above. Do I clone line 6 MAC to line 7 MAC, or do I replace BOTH MACs on lines 6 & 7, with the original one, pre-unlocked state?

Confused? yes.

Actually it doesn't seem to matter whether you use your original mac address or the one on the uncommented line. They both cause wifi to work but with different mac's

Guest glossywhite

Actually it doesn't seem to matter whether you use your original mac address or the one on the uncommented line. They both cause wifi to work but with different mac's

Okay, so to re-iterate, you're saying that the commented AND uncommented MAC has to match, and it doesn't matter if I use the new one, or my OMCs' original one, so long as they match?

Also, why does the #commented MAC address even matter? A comment is not read by the software, or interpreted... is it?

Just have to get this clear.

Thanks mate.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest tilal6991

Okay, so to re-iterate, you're saying that the commented AND uncommented MAC has to match, and it doesn't matter if I use the new one, or my OMCs' original one, so long as they match?

Thanks mate.

no. The commented one doesnt matter. It can even be removed if you like. The uncommented one has to be a valid mac address. This can be your original address, the commented address or any other valid address you can think of.

Hope the above sorts the confusion :)

Guest putbinoot

Also, why does the #commented MAC address even matter? A comment is not read by the software, or interpreted... is it?

Thanks mate.

hey glossywhite I was a bit confused myself I had

NV_4319.txt

#macaddr=00:90:4C:14:43:19

changed it to

NV_4319.txt

macaddr=the mac address i had before I started all this.

now on giffgaff and everything seems to be working.

hey glossywhite I was a bit confused myself I had

NV_4319.txt

changed it to

NV_4319.txt

macaddr=the mac address i had before I started all this.

now on giffgaff and everything seems to be working.

That is correct.

Do not use the commented mac address everyone.

Guest putbinoot

i just want rid of the annoying pop up... why dose it even happen ? is it because it thinks we are spoofing the mac address or something like that blink.gif

is it something to do with 2.3.4 as i thought someone on 2.3.5 had no issue or have i miss read the posts, theres been that many. Maybe a new thread with people showing if they have or have not got the wifi pop up and what method they followed and what they started with. Although knowing you by the time I have typed this you will have figured it out and posted an update. lol.rolleyes.gif

Noticed at the bottom of nv_4319

#country code

ccode=FR

should that be UK or GB

Edited by putbinoot

Guest glossywhite

is it something to do with 2.3.4 as i thought someone on 2.3.5 had no issue or have i miss read the posts, theres been that many. Maybe a new thread with people showing if they have or have not got the wifi pop up and what method they followed and what they started with. Although knowing you by the time I have typed this you will have figured it out and posted an update. lol.rolleyes.gif

#country code

ccode=FR

should that be UK or GB

I am on Blue Monte 1.8, and I have the popup... so that sounds wrong.

Has anyone read out these text files BEFORE the new unlock?

Edited by glossywhite

#country code

ccode=FR

should that be UK or GB

I'm the one that doesn't have that pop up :P

Backed up my CM7, flashed Stock PT, unlocked like everyone, flashed CWM, restored my CM7 backup, changed my mac address. Nothing else...

Yeah, I noticed the same, simply changed to PT and all good.(tho I don't know what implications that might have)

Guest Mikejgeo

Arrghh,

Have unlocked ok but cannot root so cannot alter Wifi Mac address.

When I run the batch file I get:

adb--windows.exe reboot bootloader

error: device not found

then when the batch file wants to run the next part, i.e.:

fastboot recovery recovery.img

<waiting for device>

drivers are correct and installed, no exclaimation marks in device manager

Guest putbinoot

I only copied the mac parts and they where the same before and after the unlock which makes me wonder how changing the macaddr=11:22:33:44:55:66 to the original mac worked when the original mac was not in there when the wifi was working before the unlock. If that makes any sense.

Guest glossywhite

I only copied the mac parts and they where the same before and after the unlock which makes me wonder how changing the macaddr=11:22:33:44:55:66 to the original mac worked when the original mac was not in there when the wifi was working before the unlock. If that makes any sense.

I think the MAC is hard wired into flash, and these are just "override" files... unsure...

i backed both them up before unlocking... but startlingly they did not have my real mac address huh.gif

Guest putbinoot

Arrghh,

<waiting for device>

debugging enabled ?

Arrghh,

<waiting for device>

Do you have debug active?

Guest painkiller_93

I have the same problem as Mikejgeo , I have debug mode active but when I plug the usb it doesn't say usb debug donnected, just usb connected, so I think debug mode isn't working, maybe we have to install another stock rom? I've tried to remove battery and use another pc usb port but no luck

Edited by painkiller_93

i think doing this is just spoofing the mac address, would be a good idea to get a new topic going to see how many people are getting this & there details from before unlocking (android version)

Edited by tillaz

Guest painkiller_93

I have the same problem as Mikejgeo , I have debug mode active but when I plug the usb it doesn't say usb debug donnected, just usb connected, so I think debug mode isn't working, maybe we have to install another stock rom? I've tried to remove battery and use another pc usb port but no luck

please could anyone confirm if installing another stock rom using stock recovery won't lock again my phone and maybe it would allow me to enable usb debug mode?

edit: nevermind, I went to zte official website and dwonloaded the zte handset usb driver for my phone in spain, and usb debug mode started working

Edited by painkiller_93