How to unlock your OMC/SKATE

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Guest xiaoyaoswim

What do you mean with "localised version of Skate"?

I mean variants of ZTE Skate sold in different countries and locked to different providers.

Mate just find out you are on a Portugal Optimus, right?

Guest painkiller_93

I mean variants of ZTE Skate sold in different countries and locked to different providers.

mine is a Skate from Movistar Spain and I could unlock it sucessfully

BTW, both Skate from movistar and Montecarlo form Orange Spain are shipped with 2.3.5

Edited by painkiller_93

Guest xiaoyaoswim

The SIM is free, you top it up by £10, and then you earn reward credit which is paid either as credit... OR PAYPAL. Believe me, you're losing out here.

Thanks, but I think I'll leave it at least for a while. I'm too lazy to sort out all that stuff lol

Optimus no more!! Vodafone thanks to you :P

But yes, is sold by Optimus under the name of Optimus Monte Carlo.

Guest glossywhite

Amazing news: John W just found a way to prevent WIFI MAC loss and potential NVITEMS loss (Many thanks to John!). Now a perfect unlocking solution is going to be realized. If you find it difficult to follow John's idea, please HOLD the unlocking action until the tutorial to be updated.

UPDATE RE. MAC ADDRESS AND POPUP (I did some hexediting):

Guest mattl13

can anyone help me please D: i'm totally new to android and ive manged to unlock my monte carlo (MUCH THANKS) but i dont know how to change the MAC address now and my wifi isnt working, ANY help would be great.

Guest tilal6991

can anyone help me please D: i'm totally new to android and ive manged to unlock my monte carlo (MUCH THANKS) but i dont know how to change the MAC address now and my wifi isnt working, ANY help would be great.

Did you backup nvitems before unlock? If so follow my tut at

If not follow my other tut at

Guest Simon O

Apologies if I'm being a noob about this, but I just had a thought...

There is a tool here (found in the Blade forum) that allows you to extract an image.bin to it's individual files. The individual files are exactly what we find in the stock rom from the ZTE updater.

So I wonder.. if you used the tool to convert the unlocked stock Skate rom into an image.bin, would this be a much easier way for people to unlock and would it also stop the MAC address from being lost?

Guest tilal6991

Apologies if I'm being a noob about this, but I just had a thought...

There is a tool here (found in the Blade forum) that allows you to extract an image.bin to it's individual files. The individual files are exactly what we find in the stock rom from the ZTE updater.

So I wonder.. if you used the tool to convert the unlocked stock Skate rom into an image.bin, would this be a much easier way for people to unlock and would it also stop the MAC address from being lost?

But the thing we think causes the unlock is the nvitems being lost. and the Mac address is part of this.

Guest Simon O

But the thing we think causes the unlock is the nvitems being lost. and the Mac address is part of this.

Yes. I do wonder if it's the fault of the Windows flasher that causes this and would updating directly on the phone prevent this issue from ever happening.

I would certainly try this myself if I actually had a Skate :lol:

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Yes. I do wonder if it's the fault of the Windows flasher that causes this and would updating directly on the phone prevent this issue from ever happening.

I would certainly try this myself if I actually had a Skate :lol:

I'm afraid that to flash a phone by TPT with any image.bin will not unlock a phone. The image.bin file contains 14 roms except cefs.mbn (those 15 rom files can be found in a official rom package).

Edited by xiaoyaoswim

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I'm still not very clear with the lock and unlock mechanism, due to lack of knowledge on mobile engineering. The lock is definitely not under the 14 rom files, as TPT has been proved to have nothing to do with lock & unlock. It seems that cefs.mbn doesn't hide the secret either, since all cefs.mbns we found till now are the same - no matter from a prelock or unlock variantsof Skates. QPST help manual says "CEFS (Canonical EFS ) download does not update the phone image. Instead, it replaces the contents of the phone's file system with the contents of the CEFS file. " However as we observed, to flasha cefs.mbn by FTM flasher do have connection with the update/ loss of NVitems. It is in the update/ loss process of NVitems that unlocking happens. On the other hand, strangely NVitems at least those backuped by QPST have no information about lock - to restore a QCN file will not relock a phone. According to the discussion here, I would say the dest-10.ini file is responsible for the lock because each one contains info about certain mobile net and just the factory unlock rom have no dest-10.ini. Maybe to flash dest-10.ini altogetherwith other 15 rom files by certain ZTE flasher will cause lock?.

Guest Pepecosimo

Good morning i have unlooking the phone ( but untill now i don't have change metod QPST_2.7_366 to correct the mac address) i will do next time.

I have insert after the Bluemont Roon the Cyaonogenmod 2.3.7 and the mac address this Rom found in automatical and after i back again to Bluemonte-super i like that Rom.:(

Now my answer is can you check if your smartphone wiht Atomic blue and Bluemonte-plus send aout SMS ?

My device only received,my operator is 3ITA,well go in internet !

Regards

Consolato