How to unlock your OMC/SKATE

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Guest xiaoyaoswim

TO kevwalesand wrtease, oh, you have just confirmed that WIFI could be aproblem!

I also encountered wifi problem due missing mac address, I thought that was caused by mymessed up NV and I fixed it manually. But if you also got the same problem,there might be something wrong, I would recommend you to flash differentversion of boot and/or recovery img to see if it is the cause of mac addressmissing. The boot and recovery imgs I included in the zip are stock ones for Chineseversion,

Until the MACaddress problem is totally solved, please can everyone else who hasn’t try myunlocking STOP.

So...WIFI doesn't work for anyone?

I assume this is general issue, as I haven't used this unlocking method.

Mine is still at the Repair Centre for unlocking, can't go get it now as it's midnight here :P

TO kevwalesand wrtease, oh, you have just confirmed that WIFI could be aproblem!

I also encountered wifi problem due missing mac address, I thought that was caused by mymessed up NV and I fixed it manually. But if you also got the same problem,there might be something wrong, I would recommend you to flash differentversion of boot and/or recovery img to see if it is the cause of mac addressmissing. The boot and recovery imgs I included in the zip are stock ones for Chineseversion,

Until the MACaddress problem is totally solved, please can everyone else who hasn’t try myunlocking STOP.

This means we could use the 3 files provided by reo2xor?

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I can give a workaroundfor the WIFI problem. For some reason the WLAN MAC address has been emptied.

Afterrooting your mobile, go to system/etc, find two files named nv-4**9, edit it, and change the macaddr=00:11:22:33:44:55to a valid address. Save the file and you will be able to get the wifi working.

Yes, actually you can use any rom you like after the unlocking.

I didn't mean "after", I meant during :P

Instead of using the provided boot.img, recovery.img that comes in /files if we could use all 3 files provided from the user i mentioned.

Guest kevwales

Flashed boot and recovery.....no luck

I can give a workaroundfor the WIFI problem. For some reason the WLAN MAC address has been emptied.

Afterrooting your mobile, go to system/etc, find two files named nv-4**9, edit it, and change the macaddr=00:11:22:33:44:55to a valid address. Save the file and you will be able to get the wifi working.

we could just back them up before unlocking then restore them after unlock ???

Guest kevwales

Yes FIXED :)

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I didn't mean "after", I meant during :P

Instead of using the provided boot.img, recovery.img that comes in /files if we could use all 3 files provided from the user i mentioned.

Replacing thesystem.img is no problem at all. For recovery img, you MUST use a stock one, asit ensure your phone enter into FTM mode properly.For changing boot img, it could be fine but I'm not 100% sure.