Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

I had a few problems unlocking mine.

What got me I normal have to use XP to do android stuff,but for some reason it would not install the drivers for the phone on two laptops.

So Used Windows 7 and was able to get stuck at the QPST bit as it was not showing the phone, turns out I had to add a new port ( mine was on 8 ) to be able to get it to work.

Then I started the unlocked I must admit i was bricking myself as it got to 97% and seemed to restart the phone then 98 and at 99% and after what seemed like hours ( might as well have been hours ) 100%

Only problem then was getting three's apn settings up and running.

Turns out I had to only put in the apn name first without all of the mms stuff. then added that once connection got. so its just enter name 3 and APN three.co.uk

I'm unable to see my phone in the QPST backup tab, "no ports active". How do you add a new port?

Guest beefwaffle

I'm unable to see my phone in the QPST backup tab, "no ports active". How do you add a new port?

I can answer this one ;)

Go to start menu >> all programs >> QPST >> QPST Configuration >> Add New Port...

Then uncheck "Show serial and USB/QC..." - and then add the correct port, my USB ports were COM8 and COM9.

Once you have added the port, go back to "QPST Software Download" and you should be sorted!

I can answer this one ;)

Go to start menu >> all programs >> QPST >> QPST Configuration >> Add New Port...

Then uncheck "Show serial and USB/QC..." - and then add the correct port, my USB ports were COM8 and COM9.

Once you have added the port, go back to "QPST Software Download" and you should be sorted!

Thanks again.

The phones now unlocked :D Very happy.

Guest beefwaffle

Settings -> Applications -> Development -> Enable Debug(tick)

@beefwaffle: open the .bat with notepad and issue each command in a time, see where it fails.

Hi D3abL3, I've opened the .bat file in Notepad, and it contains the following commands:

adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader

fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot-windows.exe reboot

How would I execute these commands separately?

Also: When executing the POST-UNLOCK install.bat - should I simply have my OMC powered on + connected to PC via USB cable? Or do I need to be in FTM mode with battery out ??

Thanks in advance!

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I had a few problems unlocking mine.

What got me I normal have to use XP to do android stuff,but for some reason it would not install the drivers for the phone on two laptops.

So Used Windows 7 and was able to get stuck at the QPST bit as it was not showing the phone, turns out I had to add a new port ( mine was on 8 ) to be able to get it to work.

Then I started the unlocked I must admit i was bricking myself as it got to 97% and seemed to restart the phone then 98 and at 99% and after what seemed like hours ( might as well have been hours ) 100%

Only problem then was getting three's apn settings up and running.

Turns out I had to only put in the apn name first without all of the mms stuff. then added that once connection got. so its just enter name 3 and APN three.co.uk

It is normal for FTM flasher to restart the phone at around 98%, but hours...ohmy.gif, it should normally take about 3 mins to complete.

I was also on 3, and the correct apn setting was already there as soon as I inserted the sim. Internet connection was ok but I didn't send mms so have no idea if it worked automatically.

Guest Patrick73

It is normal for FTM flasher to restart the phone at around 98%, but hours...ohmy.gif, it should normally take about 3 mins to complete.

I was also on 3, and the correct apn setting was already there as soon as I inserted the sim. Internet connection was ok but I didn't send mms so have no idea if it worked automatically.

it was Only mins but it felt like hours to me and it was around 1am this morning so i was tired too...

as stated "and after what seemed like hours ( might as well have been hours ) 100%"

but thanks it worked.

There was no apn's and Im so far only using the standard orange rom that it came with.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Long time watcher - first time poster ;)

After many trials and tribulations, I have successfully unlocked my OMC - and did it the hard way... Backup QCN didn't work, didn't write down MAC address, was tempted to give up and throw my brick out the window a fair few times, but glad I persevered! Will be donating to xiaoyaoswim, Tillal6991 etc, thanks guys!

But I have one big n00b question regrding the final step in this tutorial, i.e. "go to 'POST-UNLOCK FOLDER' and run the bat file again – this installs ClockworkMod". I've turned debugging on, connected my unlocked OMC to PC, and ran the "install-windows-recovery.bat" in the POST-UNLOCK folder - but this simply reboots the phone with Orange rom... I thought it would reboot phone with ClockworkMod rom installed and no Orange crap ???

Please excuse my n00biness.

wink.gif Glad to hear your brick transform into a working phone finnally.

The reason to do the post -unlock step is to flash ClockworkMod recovery which will provide a easy way to flash customised rom. But ClockworkMod itself is not a system rom and it will not replace your Orange system. Once you installed ClockworkMod, you can boot into it by press volume up + power, then you can replace Orange stock with customised one e.g. CyanogenMod or BLUEMONTE.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

it was Only mins but it felt like hours to me and it was around 1am this morning so i was tired too...

as stated "and after what seemed like hours ( might as well have been hours ) 100%"

but thanks it worked.

There was no apn's and Im so far only using the standard orange rom that it came with.

lol so that process is absolutely normal. Sorry for my English.

Yeah, Orange rom should be the reason for no apns for other provider.

Hi D3abL3, I've opened the .bat file in Notepad, and it contains the following commands:

adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader

fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot-windows.exe reboot

How would I execute these commands separately?

Also: When executing the POST-UNLOCK install.bat - should I simply have my OMC powered on + connected to PC via USB cable? Or do I need to be in FTM mode with battery out ??

Thanks in advance!

In order for that to work your phone must be plugged in your pc in FASTBOOT mode.

I don't know the key combinations, but if you turn on your phone normaly and plug it into your pc and at cmd make "adb reboot bootloader" your phone will reboot to fastboot mode.

Guest weaversbrook

Another silly question

step 4 Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.

how do I find this ???? sorry if it is a stupid question.

Guest tilal6991

Another silly question

step 4 Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.

how do I find this ???? sorry if it is a stupid question.

Its in the unzipped folder.

Guest weaversbrook

Thanks for reply re step 4 ok found that Now I presume all the steps are done on the computer?? Used to the Blade where it all seems to be done via the phone?? so I follow the guide and use the computer am I on the right lines here>??

Guest tilal6991

Thanks for reply re step 4 ok found that Now I presume all the steps are done on the computer?? Used to the Blade where it all seems to be done via the phone?? so I follow the guide and use the computer am I on the right lines here>??

Yes almost all steps are on the computer.

Guest hotrocks72

Does anyone know if the *983*0# engineering code works after unlocking and using QPST to restore the .qcn file.There was some reports of this feature not working after the first unlocks which involved editing the NVitems files. The reason I ask is I had a problem with the screen going black when making a call. This was fixed by calibrating the proximity sensor in the engineering menu ( thanks Tilal6991 ). Seems like a handy feature if its available

Guest putbinoot

Does anyone know if the *983*0# engineering code works after unlocking and using QPST to restore the .qcn file.There was some reports of this feature not working after the first unlocks which involved editing the NVitems files. The reason I ask is I had a problem with the screen going black when making a call. This was fixed by calibrating the proximity sensor in the engineering menu ( thanks Tilal6991 ). Seems like a handy feature if its available

That code did not work on my phone before or after unlock.

Guest cmberry20

Quick question, sorry if this was asked before. Does the unlock method work straight out of the box on a newly purchased OMC? I won't have to root it or install Clockwork Recovery first will I?

Quick question, sorry if this was asked before. Does the unlock method work straight out of the box on a newly purchased OMC? I won't have to root it or install Clockwork Recovery first will I?

If it is straight out of the box then you won't need to do anything on it.

Guest wrtease

no you wont but? its best you backup your mac address so you can write it back using qspt.and also make shure you have a rom on your sdcard .and it would be handy to copy a backup from sdcard to pc if you have problems.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Works on mine using any dialler (before and after unlock)...strange!

I guess whether it is working or not is determined by the rom you use - a stock rom will do, but some custom one like CM7 will not. (but there is a calibration option included in CM7)

Guest David Mo

D'oh, screwed up which seems difficult considering the excellent instructions. I neglected to check the QCN backup and proceeded with the unlock so was unable to restore the QCN file and can't install CWM.

Any suggestions please? Can I use another QCN backup or are they phone/imei specific? How about recovery?

Thanks, Dave

Guest wrtease

when you go to menu go to filer or which file manager you got and lookk for system and open it go to etc and look for nv_4319 if its their .let me no if its their.its gotaa be their.