Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

Guest David Mo

when you go to menu go to filer or which file manager you got and lookk for system and open it go to etc and look for nv_4319 if its their .let me no if its their.its gotaa be their.

The only item in system (using Filer) is media folder. I can't access my wifi to install any other apps and can't access the phone via FTM now either - unless that is caused by a sw issue?

Any other ideas? TIA, Dave

Guest David Mo

have you used qpst yet.

Still on stock ROM, tried QPST though didn't get backup before unlocking and QPST is giving errors too. Hunting on Google too, thank you.

Guest Geeks Squad

I wonder if someone can help me i followed the guide to unlock my OMC i got to step 9 where "Click "Backup" on the utility and choose where to save the "QCN" file". But i didn't make a QCN file so i went to straight to step 10 as i have done step 10 now and on step 11 it's asking me to restore a backup QCN file which i didn't backup in the first place....

Any help be grateful..

okay stop hunting i will give you a text file ,this is the one that you can restore using qpst okay.

A .txt to restore over QPST? :blink:

If you have CW Recovery then flash back stock recovery.img(which can be found under "files" at FTM Flash Tools folder) and you'll have FTM back.

@Geeks Squad: Perhaps you should jump over here now.

Edited by D3abL3

Guest putbinoot

Still on stock ROM, tried QPST though didn't get backup before unlocking and QPST is giving errors too. Hunting on Google too, thank you.

XV132 hex editor can be downloaded here.

My link

If you want to try QPST again try this as it was giving me lots of errors and failed to back up until I tried this method.

1 Stock recovery on phone.

2 Boot into FTM and once in that mode put battery back in.

3 Start QPST configuration - in ports tab click add new port and pick the usb one that is your phone - in IP Server tab tick (accept client connections) go to top and select start clients - software download.

4 on new window got to backup tab then browse in line with the drop down list, in new window at bottom filename just type in there backup and at the top were it says save in select somewhere you can find it then click start, once finished.

5 open saved "backup" file with xv132 - file - open (locate file) then click search - find and in hex string type 11 22 33 44 55 66 then ok then search - replace and 11 22 33 44 55 66 should be in the top hex box and put your mac in bottom hex box and click replace all - save.

6 Back with QPST click restore tab browse to file you just edited -select - ok then start.

7 once finished pull out usb cable boot phone.

All the files you need for stock recovery and clockwork mod are in the first post follow every step down to and including 7 then do above then

15 Power on the phone and turn on USB Debugging.

16 OPTIONAL – go to “POST-UNLOCK FOLDER” and run the bat file again – this installs ClockworkMod

Edited by putbinoot

Guest wrtease

ah my mistake saying qspt sorry folks. i ment to say you could copy the nv text file into the system folder and paste it in the etc folder where it would ask you to over write the original. and then you could use wifi.every body makes mistakes and learns to correct them .okay

Guest putbinoot

Can this still be done even when i done step 10, 11 and 12?

You will just have to do the editing of the qcn file yourself. Its in the pinned topic at the top.

Topic, Get your mac address if you have already unlocked.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest cmberry20

Phone now unlocked to Vodafone - awesome job guys.

Got a problem though.

Have reboot the phone (with Orange or Vodafone sim in) & run the "16 - OPTIONAL – go to “POST-UNLOCK FOLDER” and run the bat file again – this installs ClockworkMod"

The phone reboots after a less than a second of running the BAT file & stays on the green android at the start & nothing happens. The DOS command displays "< waiting for device >".

I have to remove the battery in order to reboot the phone.

Is this normal? And if it is how do I get into Clockworkmod?

Guest putbinoot

Got a problem though.

Have reboot the phone (with Orange or Vodafone sim in) & run the "16 - OPTIONAL – go to “POST-UNLOCK FOLDER” and run the bat file again – this installs ClockworkMod"

The phone reboots after a less than a second of running the BAT file & stays on the green android at the start & nothing happens. The DOS command displays "< waiting for device >".

Have you turned debugging back on. Phone settings , applications , development, tick debugging.

Guest David Mo

XV132 hex editor can be downloaded here.

My link

If you want to try QPST again try this as it was giving me lots of errors and failed to back up until I tried this method.

1 Stock recovery on phone.

2 Boot into FTM and once in that mode put battery back in.

3 Start QPST configuration - in ports tab click add new port and pick the usb one that is your phone - in IP Server tab tick (accept client connections) go to top and select start clients - software download.

4 on new window got to backup tab then browse in line with the drop down list, in new window at bottom filename just type in there backup and at the top were it says save in select somewhere you can find it then click start, once finished.

5 open saved "backup" file with xv132 - file - open (locate file) then click search - find and in hex string type 11 22 33 44 55 66 then ok then search - replace and 11 22 33 44 55 66 should be in the top hex box and put your mac in bottom hex box and click replace all - save.

6 Back with QPST click restore tab browse to file you just edited -select - ok then start.

7 once finished pull out usb cable boot phone.

All the files you need for stock recovery and clockwork mod are in the first post follow every step down to and including 7 then do above then

15 Power on the phone and turn on USB Debugging.

16 OPTIONAL – go to “POST-UNLOCK FOLDER” and run the bat file again – this installs ClockworkMod

Yippee, I'm back! The above along with info on how to get my MAC address with info from wrtease about the nv_4319 file has fixed my problem.

Many thanks for your assistance. I'll be testing my now unloacked OMC to see if it's going to replace my beloved Streak 5 which is generally unpocketable!

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Got a problem though.

Some adb driver is needed for the phone to be recognised in that mode. Please go to the pinned superboot thread to find some posts discussing the installation of that driver.

Guest gitf@ce

I'll be testing my now unloacked OMC to see if it's going to replace my beloved Streak 5 which is generally unpocketable!

How can you do that :( I'd never keep my Skate over my Streak!

Solution...get bigger pockets :P

Guest ThePerfectOne

I just went through your process which is nicely outlined however I was following it very much step by step and in fact found a step missing to take the backup. The step 9 describes that you select the location but then in step 10 you move on to download.exe. It would be better if it says that you start taking backup and ensure that you have a file in backup location. Also in my case the COM port it had selected as 1 was busy with something else and my Android was set up automatically to use port number 37 so had to go into device manager - ports - advanced and change port to port number 1 or 2 and it then worked. Unfortunately I had to go and change the MAC manually after your process since I had the step missed.

Guest cmberry20

Some adb driver is needed for the phone to be recognised in that mode. Please go to the pinned superboot thread to find some posts discussing the installation of that driver.

Can someone plase help!!!!!!

I looked at the superboot thread. Loads of people have had this issue.

Paul said "Drivers or 'Eject' driver disk" ----------------- WHAT?????

Then Flib said "Plugging the phone into a computer should make a CDROM drive popup with the drivers in. I have extracted them and uploaded them here: http://android.modac...ost__p__1779465"

I've installed the drivers again & its still not working.Surely i'm not the only idiot thats having this issue. Help a noob out please!!!!