Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

Guest Pepecosimo

So you want to unlock your OMC/Skate? You’ve come to the right place!

All the stuff in the tutorial is simplified by me but the full credit for unlock has to go to xiaoyaoswim who originally posted this method here.

I HAVE UNFORTUNTLEY BEEN UNABLE TO TEST THIS MYSELF BUT SEVERAL PEOPLE REPORT IT WORKING SO THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEMS. HOWEVER THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF LOSING WARRANTY AND MAC ADDRESS.

You should already have the required drivers installed at the beginning of the tutorial. Find them at

http://www.multiupload.com/BQ7VQOQA4L

1. Go to Settings, About Phone, Status and note down the WiFi MAC address on a piece of paper. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
  2. Download this file and unzip it.
  3. Connect your phone to your computer
  4. Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.
  5. Shut the phone down
  6. Remove your battery and disconnect the USB cable
  7. Now as you connect the phone to your computer press the volume down button. Don’t let go of the volume button until “FTM” comes up on your phone.
  8. Go into the Unlock folder of the extracted zip file and run “download.exe”
  9. If you are sure you want to unlock press “START”!
  10. Sit through some hairy moments as it flashes itself and unlocks the phone.
  11. Remove your USB cable, put the battery back in and any SIM of your choice – your phone is now unlocked!!
  12. Power on the phone.
  13. OPTIONAL – go to “POST-UNLOCK FOLDER” and run the bat file again – this installs ClockworkMod
  14. WiFi will not work as the phone has lost the MAC address. However, once you flash back to the ROM of your choice do the following:
    • Install ES File Explorer on your phone
    • Enable root mode on it and RW to system partition. This can be done in the app’s settings accessed by pressing the menu button
    • Go to /system/etc/nv_4319.txt and click it.
    • Open with Note Editor and scroll down until the the line saying “macadress=…” NOT THE ONE BEGINNING WITH #
    • Change the “…” to your MAC address you noted down.

You now have an unlocked Orange Monte Carlo / ZTE Skate!!!

Good morning mr. Tilal i have unlooked the phone,now i have the orange room but i like to reput the bluemonte stock room

i need if you help me on the point 13:OPTIONAL -go to "POST-UNLOOK FOLDER" and run the bat files again-this install clockworkmod.

Becouse with the phone power on i swich this file bat but remain on the promp and ( waithing for device ) only ?

TANK'S

CONSOLATO

Guest putbinoot

Good morning mr. Tilal i have unlooked the phone,now i have the orange room but i like to reput the bluemonte stock room

i need if you help me on the point 13:OPTIONAL -go to "POST-UNLOOK FOLDER" and run the bat files again-this install clockworkmod.

Becouse with the phone power on i swich this file bat but remain on the promp and ( waithing for device ) only ?

TANK'S

CONSOLATO

have you turned "debugging " back on.

Guest tilal6991

These drivers have been installed. may be a problem in win7? but bat in preparation folder work normaly..

again drivers aren't really my thing so I have no idea why it's not working.

Guest Christian Edwards

can someone who is not unlocked via this method yet use root explorer & go to /sys/devices/virtual/net/ and tell me if you have a tiwlan0 file ?

if not open lo then long hold on > address & open as text and tell me if it says 00:00:00:00:00:00

Yes that's right.

I'm not unlocked, I have no tiwlan0 file in /sys/devices/virtual/net/

and the file /sys/devices/virtual/net/lo/address contains only 00:00:00:00:00:00

Guest Pepecosimo

have you turned "debugging " back on.

MY phone give onlythe connection to open the usb connection to my computer "win 7 ".

Can you give me how to arrive to the " debugging " ?

Tank's for your help.

Guest Blueton

Congratulations to xiaoyaoswim on finding the unlock, will be making a donation as soon as I get up the courage to do this- not very good with computers and this sort of thing.

Have a couple of questions before I try this.

1) I flashed a TPT file to re partision the storage system but got an error when i didi it and almost bricked my phone, but I lost all the drivers for it when I did. My Pc - Win 7 32 bit - recognises the phone without any ! or ? but shows no drivers installed for this devise. I take it I will have to download the drivers before I try this method. As I said I am not much good with PC’s so do I just connect the phone to the PC with debugging on and then run the driver file to install the drivers.

2) I have gone into settings/about phone/status and I have a Mac code B3:62:CF:10:F1 then if I go into files/system/etc nv_4319.txt I have Mac codes #macaddr=00:90:4C:14:43:19 and code macaddr=11:22:33:44:55:66 I also have file/etc where I have file nv_4319.txt with the same Mac codes as above. I cant find nv_4329 in my files.

I know I disregard the #macaddr code but which Mac code is right the one in the nv_4319 file or the one in the settings/about phone/status. Also should I have two nv_4319 files and where would I find nv_4329 file.

Sorry for all the questions but want to get it right before I start this.

Also as an add on I once put tillaz’s Blue Atomic rom on my phone 2.3.5 and have never been able to use the code *983*0# since to get into the enginers mode. Also the speed dial press 1 for voice mail has never worked either since.

Anyway if someone could just advise me on points 1 and 2 I will try this when I finish work tonight.

i tough you where already unlocked though?

Yes I'm unlocked. I missed the part where u asked for not unlocked :P

What are those files for?

Edited by D3abL3

Guest putbinoot

MY phone give onlythe connection to open the usb connection to my computer "win 7 ".

Can you give me how to arrive to the " debugging " ?

Tank's for your help.

on your phone, phone settings-Applications-Development-usb debugging (tick)

Guest hotrocks72

can someone who is not unlocked via this method yet use root explorer & go to /sys/devices/virtual/net/ and tell me if you have a tiwlan0 file ?

if not open lo then long hold on > address & open as text and tell me if it says 00:00:00:00:00:00

Hi Tillaz my OMC is stock and unrooted and unlocked. Angry birds and ESfile explorer are the only additions till I get some balls and unlock it lol.

Anyway I can confirm there is not a twilan0 file in the /sys/devices/virtual/net/ folder.

Opening the address file in the lo folder with the esfile explorer text editor it says 00:00:00:00:00:00

Hope this helps

Guest Christian Edwards

Yay, unlocked, no problems with the procedure.

I have had problems with XP drivers so just used Win7 (starter) and that worked fine.

Thanks xiaoyaoswim and tilal6991

Guest philmein

i went back to stock orange with the stock tpt my phone was partitioned too

go back to stock then root and install clockwork follow the tut from there

you should have 162mb of system storage before attempting the unlock

i just used this one and it worked

I have gone into settings/about phone/status and I have a Mac code B3:**:**:10:F1

Congratulations to xiaoyaoswim on finding the unlock, will be making a donation as soon as I get up the courage to do this- not very good with computers and this sort of thing.

Have a couple of questions before I try this.

1) I flashed a TPT file to re partision the storage system but got an error when i didi it and almost bricked my phone, but I lost all the drivers for it when I did. My Pc - Win 7 32 bit - recognises the phone without any ! or ? but shows no drivers installed for this devise. I take it I will have to download the drivers before I try this method. As I said I am not much good with PC’s so do I just connect the phone to the PC with debugging on and then run the driver file to install the drivers.

2) I have gone into settings/about phone/status and I have a Mac code B3:62:CF:10:F1 then if I go into files/system/etc nv_4319.txt I have Mac codes #macaddr=00:90:4C:14:43:19 and code macaddr=11:22:33:44:55:66 I also have file/etc where I have file nv_4319.txt with the same Mac codes as above. I cant find nv_4329 in my files.

I know I disregard the #macaddr code but which Mac code is right the one in the nv_4319 file or the one in the settings/about phone/status. Also should I have two nv_4319 files and where would I find nv_4329 file.

Sorry for all the questions but want to get it right before I start this.

Also as an add on I once put tillaz’s Blue Atomic rom on my phone 2.3.5 and have never been able to use the code *983*0# since to get into the enginers mode. Also the speed dial press 1 for voice mail has never worked either since.

Anyway if someone could just advise me on points 1 and 2 I will try this when I finish work tonight.

Edited by philmein

Guest Chris_67

I installed CM7 and imho there is no program suitable to edit the nv_4319.txt on it. So where can I get ES-FileExplorer (or any other program suitable) to change the MAC-Address, since WLAN is not working and I have no GSM data access (because I'm abroad)?

Guest putbinoot

I installed CM7 and imho there is no program suitable to edit the nv_4319.txt on it. So where can I get ES-FileExplorer (or any other program suitable) to change the MAC-Address, since WLAN is not working and I have no GSM data access (because I'm abroad)?

If you search Google for es file explorer you should find its website and you can download the apk from there put on your ad card and install from there.