worth it comming from the blade?

Guest raverrr

is the cpu not linked to the low price tho? cant expect to much for a budget smartphone. as long as comunities like this are around to cook new roms and keep it fresh i'm not to fussed about it. i wouldnt even own a blade if it wasnt for this forum :) (and the naggy friend who got me hooked lol)

ARMv7 is relativity old they's days so not really... < but its very good & much better than ARMv6 smile.gif

Guest raverrr

No one has mentioned the cover, surely if the finish is better than the Skate then its a positive?

yes i have a friend with dust under his screen after only 3 days of use lol. but that doesnt bother me. if i was to get skate i would reseal around the screen

ARMv7 is relativity old they's days so not really... < but its very good & much better than ARMv6 smile.gif

What's the difference between both of these and why bother? I thought the speed is all that mattered?

Guest painkiller_93

What's the difference between both of these and why bother? I thought the speed is all that mattered?

differences are mainly that armv7 supports flash and some games/apps require armv7 and don't run on armv6 devices

Guest tilal6991

differences are mainly that armv7 supports flash and some games/apps require armv7 and don't run on armv6 devices

Flash is dead. And anyway there is a perfectly working Flash for arm6. I concede to games point but arm6 is still good for now. But it will be out of date by the time I buy another phone.

Guest TouchyAndalou

The Skate is a great phone for the price, and I'd definitely recommend it. At first I shared some of the doubts that other OSF owners on here have raised (armv6, lack of flash support, only 800mhz) which put me off buying the phone for awhile, but I haven't - and most users shouldn't - find these to be too much of an issue. It's a speedy enough phone, with smooth scrolling and minimal to no lag. Straight out of the box with all the orange crap installed, it's still zippier and smoother than the OSF on the best new roms. The screen is really excellent and far better than you'd expect at this price. Colours are crisp and the sound of the device is also good, and again, much better than what you're used to on the OSF.

As for the the San Fran 2, I was disappointed by the specs as I thought they'd be better than the Skate. I'm sure it'll be a decent upgrade coming from the Blade, but comparing it to the Skate and its huge 4.3 inch screen, I think I'd really struggle to go back to the size of the SF2. Additionally, it's not just the size of the screen that is different - the SF2 is 256k colours whereas the Skate is however many million. Not sure how much of a difference this makes in real world terms, but it's probably worth considering.

The San Fran was my first android phone and I was happy with it, but I'm really glad I purchased the OMC now that it's unlocked.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

It seems to me that ZTE are just lazy,and instead of actually making an OSF2,they put the skate inside it :lol:

As for skate vs osf/2,well there is no comparison.The skate/omc beats the blade in every aspect,except for community support.But its early days,the skate community has not grown at the rate of the blades one.Now we have unlock,and a very good bunch of guys on here,it is certain that the skate will now shine.

armv7 has more potential

next phone i get will be quad core tegra 3, around x mas time or new year smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Skate has the 4.3" screen / Blade and Blade 2 have 3.5" screen

Skate has 16M colors / Blade and Blade 2 have 256k colors

Skate and Blade 2 has flash LED / Blade doesn't

Skate and Blade 2 have a 800 Mhz ARMv6 CPU(both probably MSM7227-T) & Adreno 200 / Blade has 600 Mhz ARM 11(v6) & Adreno 200

Skate and Blade 2 ships with Android 2.3 / Blade ships with Android 2.1(2.2 upgradable)

Blade 2 has frontal camera / Skate and Blade don't have

Blade 2 and Blade has a AMOLED screen / Skate have a TFT screen

Blade has a large community / Skate has a medium-large community growing even more / Blade 2 was not yet released but is being topic of discussion, tho many depreciate it

Skate = 6 out of 8

Blade 2 = 5 out of 8

Blade = 2 out of 8

Some people may evaluate other relevant points, but I thought these would be the most considerable.

Afaik the blade 2 has no flash led. Correct me if i'm wrong please.

EDIT

just added some more comparison points.

These comparison points are from different sources referring the same, therefore I consider reliable.

Edited by D3abL3

Are you sure the blade 2 has a front camera and a oleg screen?

The front camera u can see here: http://st2.gsmarena....rancisco-II.jpg

As for the AMOLED screen, this can be different in several countries like the Blade was. On some countries they were shipped with TFT and others with AMOLED.

P.S.: http://www.gsmarena....sco_ii-4330.php

EDIT

Corrected flash LED mistake.

Edited by D3abL3

I'm still doubtful about the amoled. Gsmarena has been wrong before.

Did you read what I told you before? :lol:

The screen with each device ships with can be different for different countries...

I got you the example of Blade which was shipped with AMOLED in Portugal for example, and was shipped with TFT in India for example.

For GB was shipped with the 2 screen versions.

Guest Fairlight2x

I bought my OMC last week as a upgrade to the OSF, mainly to have the larger screen. A lot of OSF owners dismiss the skate based on the specs, but if they were to actually use the phone they would see it as a worthy upgrade. As TouchyAndalou said, even with the stock Orange rom it is already as smooth as a Blade with CM7.

I could only overclock my OSF to 691MHz (did have it at 710MHz in older versions of CM7 though) with the OMC I have it clocked at 1.01GHz which is fast enough for me.

Besides the bigger screen, multitouch works much better on the OMC as it recognises 5 fingers simultaneously, and I can finally rotate maps in gmaps, it just didn't work well on the OSF. I love how easy it is to type in portrait with a 4.3" screen and when you have both phones side by side the blade seems so small and cramped, and I have small fingers!

Now the unlock has arrived the OMC will surge in popularity, which hopefully means ICS will be ported.

Guest TouchyAndalou
Skate and Blade 2 have a 800 Mhz ARMv6 CPU(both probably MSM7227-T) & Adreno 200 / Blade has 600 Mhz ARM 11(v6) & Adreno 200

I thought the Skate was Adreno 205. Unless I'm mistaken?

I think the bottom line is that the Blade can't be compared to Skate.

But bettween Skate and Blade 2 I think Blade 2 still has the upper hand.

Bigger screen, better screen image quality...Blade 2 has front camera and (can) have AMOLED, but still 256k colors...

Depends on which each persons wants...

front camera? Blade 2...

Big and quality pictured screen? Skate

Performance? Any :lol:

I thought the Skate was Adreno 205. Unless I'm mistaken?

Nope, it's a 200.

Read:

• Adreno 200 (AMD Z430) inside the QSD8x50 (1 GHz) and MSM7x27 (600 MHz A11+L2 cache). It offers a programmable function pipeline and streaming textures with support for OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL ES 1.1, OpenVG 1.1, EGL 1.3, Direct3D Mobile, SVGT 1.2 and DirectDraw.
  • Adreno 205 inside the QSD8x50A (1.3 GHz), MSM7x30 (800 MHz+L2 cache), MSM8x55 (1 GHz+L2 cache). Its improvements include Hardware-accelerated SVG and Adobe Flash and better shader-performance than the Adreno 200. It supports OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL ES 1.1, OpenVG 1.1, EGL 1.3, Direct3D Mobile, SVGT 1.2, Direct Draw and GDI.

Guest TouchyAndalou

The screen with each device ships with can be different for different countries...

I got you the example of Blade which was shipped with AMOLED in Portugal for example, and was shipped with TFT in India for example.

That was when AMOLED was readily available, which it no longer is. I think Samsung are keeping all the AMOLED's for themselves now and it's very unlikely SF2 will ship with those in any region.

woz not the case with the skate though... who knows it still could be amoled, but i doubt it huh.gif

Guest TouchyAndalou

Nope, it's a 200.

Read:

• Adreno 200 (AMD Z430) inside the QSD8x50 (1 GHz) and MSM7x27 (600 MHz A11+L2 cache). It offers a programmable function pipeline and streaming textures with support for OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL ES 1.1, OpenVG 1.1, EGL 1.3, Direct3D Mobile, SVGT 1.2 and DirectDraw.
  • Adreno 205 inside the QSD8x50A (1.3 GHz), MSM7x30 (800 MHz+L2 cache), MSM8x55 (1 GHz+L2 cache). Its improvements include Hardware-accelerated SVG and Adobe Flash and better shader-performance than the Adreno 200. It supports OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL ES 1.1, OpenVG 1.1, EGL 1.3, Direct3D Mobile, SVGT 1.2, Direct Draw and GDI.

Ah ok. Thanks.