Tutorial - Get your MAC Address if you already unlocked - NOW UP!

Guest tilal6991

Stock Recovery & FTM Mode?

1. Can someone point me to a file for downloadind enabling me to get "Stock Recovery" please (Does this wipe cwm, have this on at te moment)

2. Do I need to revert to a "Stock Rom" and can you give me a download link please.

My Vivacity is unlocked and rooted. I had mac adress for a while but now I am back to the long winded 1 22 33 44 55. I have es explorer, granted it superuser, but my nv files once altered, cannot be saved. Es refuses each time. I tried to alter via pc but again they revert to 11 22 etc. Tried mac patcher to manually put therandom mac add in to es explorer nv file, but again it doesnt want to save. Checked su several times its definately granted permissions.

I dont have the original mac add, but I am wondering what is the one that I see in the nv file? Is this random?

Completely out of ideas. Am able to flash CMY FnC etc they all work fine, but to be honest this phone is becoming useless to me without wifi. I just cannot understand how wifi has gone, but I suspect its the usual non saving nv files when switching roms via cwm?. Tried a few roms since including early fibblesan but no joy.

Help really appreciated.

VS5

• 3 weeks later...

Think of a number.....lets say 11 22 33 44 55 66.....its een the easiest number in to memorise for me. I tried everything, changing the nv_ file numbers, endlessly saving in ES Explorer. Every time I went back to settings there it was again....11 22 33 44 55 66! Finally managed to fix this using the steps above. I used CWM (early version) as I could not boot into FTM, but this time it worked. It saves to the original mac, but a random number can also be used (with mac changer).

Thanks again tilal, glossywhite and john W for figuring this out!

VS5

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TeeMaa

Hi guys! Help needed!

After unlock my SKATE, my WiFi not forking... I try everything(like flash stock rom/recovery and than replace with XVI32/MACChanger "112233445566" to "mine"... And try sort this problem by editing "nv" file)... But, can't sort this problem... Now my phone shows that, my macAddress is my original one(that a write down, when i unlock the phone)... Shows that WiFi is on power menu, but no any icon on top.. I have couple of screnshots... Can anybosy say? What is the problem? Can anybody help me?

5BYlWC2T.png

32N9a22C.png

lCl49GTu.png

Edited by TeeMaa

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Otaqu89

Can anyone help me? I followed all the steps, but my .qcn file is just 32kb and dosen`t have anything simmilar to the mac adress. I tryed with ES Explorer to edit nv_4319.txt but cannt save because ES wont root. 

• 3 years later...
Guest OmOiYuMe

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but i have a ZTE V9C, tried everything under the sun, this guide, trying to find the file inside /data/misc/wifi that's not present in my tab, everything but i cant make BT and WiFi work, does anyone has a QCN for my tablet?