Tutorial - Get your MAC Address if you already unlocked - NOW UP!

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

tilal ive just sent him a pm with the guide for superboot,clockwork,and rom to read ,so hopefully he will be sorting it out .

did not want to clogg up thread.

Thanks man. I appreciate the help. :)

Guest anfield786

tilal ive just sent him a pm with the guide for superboot,clockwork,and rom to read ,so hopefully he will be sorting it out .

did not want to clogg up thread.

Thank you for the pm - that is very useful and much appreciated. Not wishing to push my luck or brick my phone, would you be kind enough to point me in the right direction for the zip file to superboot (root phone). Im running android 2.3.5 and so can I use the file Paul (founder) has uploaded (Superboot for OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 24866507d5b2819a2369f69a5783882d)?

Guest Christian Edwards

I unlocked and fixed the Mac address (by editing the nv_4319.txt) as per the old procedure, I've never seen any pop ups or had any problems with Wifi.

Do I still need to follow this procedure to make the fix permanent?

Guest putbinoot

Tried to do this, the file that appeared was Dead00D_1.qcn is that right anyway by mistake i think i backed it up and saved it to the bin folder where it was already so one how do i sort that and two does it matter what you save the qcn file as name wise as i though we were supposed to be overwriting the file with the saved modified one.

update, Right i thought i saved it to the phone but i think the bin folder was the one in QPST file structure on the pc. Still stuck on the naming of the file.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest wrtease

i just named mine backup and it was fine.

and if you want to checkout glossywhite post he will do it for you and all you need to do is restore in qspt.

Edited by wrtease

Guest putbinoot

i just named mine backup and it was fine.

and if you want to checkout glossywhite post he will do it for you and all you need to do is restore in qspt.

yes used QSPT, not edited it. will look at it again.

Guest putbinoot

glossy is willing to edite it for members now ,limited time he says

I have edited it my fear was normally if you back up a file you are copying it so if i back up ff.qcn but save backup as backup.qcn then when i restore file i would now have both files backup.qcn and ff.qcn or is there only one qcn file allowed so no matter what its called it gets overwrtten.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I unlocked and fixed the Mac address (by editing the nv_4319.txt) as per the old procedure, I've never seen any pop ups or had any problems with Wifi.

Do I still need to follow this procedure to make the fix permanent?

It's up to you. The benefit of fixing it permanently is just that you don't need to edit the nv_4319.txt file every time you flash a new rom.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I have edited it my fear was normally if you back up a file you are copying it so if i back up ff.qcn but save backup as backup.qcn then when i restore file i would now have both files backup.qcn and ff.qcn or is there only one qcn file allowed so no matter what its called it gets overwrtten.

Yes, no matter what its called.

In this case the "backup" means to backup the data from mobile to a qcn file.

Guest putbinoot

Yes, no matter what its called.

In this case the "backup" means to backup the data from mobile to a qcn file.

ok have done it and all is ok, had to re-install battery when in FTM mode for backup to work.

thanks all

Guest Pepecosimo

It's up to you. The benefit of fixing it permanently is just that you don't need to edit the nv_4319.txt file every time you flash a new rom.

I good evening i have re-flash my SKATE,and with QPST and with the file editor " xvi32 " i have replace my mac address ,i have changed the 11 22 33 44 55 66 with my original mac,and after restore inside the phone.

I hope if i changing room no need to reput in manual .

I was afraid of ruining the phone, but today I decided to do it and i believe it's all OK.

Tank's all pipol on the forum

Consolato :rolleyes:

Nathing i have changed Room but the mac address remain 11 22 33 44 55 66,i have followed all,and also the files DEADD00D_0.qcn on my computer is with the new mac address b4 b3 62 df 8c df i have already write.

Nevermind i put in manual with ROOT EXPLORER.

I do no becouse not chenging.

Edited by Pepecosimo

I good evening i have re-flash my SKATE,and with QPST and with the file editor " xvi32 " i have replace my mac address ,i have changed the 11 22 33 44 55 66 with my original mac,and after restore inside the phone.

I hope if i changing room no need to reput in manual .

I was afraid of ruining the phone, but today I decided to do it and i believe it's all OK.

Tank's all pipol on the forum

Consolato :rolleyes:

If you backed up and restored the *.qcn then all is fine.

No need to edit mac address at ROM changes ;)

Guest Pepecosimo

If you backed up and restored the *.qcn then all is fine.

No need to edit mac address at ROM changes ;)

I have changed room but it remain the 11 22 insteade the correct mac,see my attached files

I have put the Rom ATOMIC-BLUE and not now the correct mac-( Before i put this Rom i have backup the previous Rom BlueMonte-Plus.

Now i restore again this rom and when i was go on the wireless will appair again the correct Mac,now

my mistake is also,before i changing the mac address with QPST and ex editor everytime i was restored any rom ,it need to reput the correct mac,but now no.

Sorry for my not perfect English ,i am ITALIAN pipol and i have learned on my job ( ship cargo -containers ) when i spoke with more chief-officier and captain.

Edited by Pepecosimo

Guest Pepecosimo

Sorry if i disturbe the forum,i have again re-flash but don't go well.Every procedure go well with-out problems,backup,restore with the new mac but when i changing Rom the mac appair 11 22 33.

I use the old version.

Edited by Pepecosimo

Guest Geeks Squad

OK D3abL3 i have moved over to this post as now i need to backup my nvitems. I have got QPST 2.7 Build 366 running in admin mode and when i click on backup the port saying "No Ports Active" I click on browse and nothing in the list.... So how can i backup my settings

Thanks on any help...

OK D3abL3 i have moved over to this post as now i need to backup my nvitems. I have got QPST 2.7 Build 366 running in admin mode and when i click on backup the port saying "No Ports Active" I click on browse and nothing in the list.... So how can i backup my settings

Thanks on any help...

Look for QPST Configuration and add the port where ur phone is connected.

Guest Geeks Squad

click add port.

wrtease i don't see add port only browse next to where says no ports active. I've clicked on that and takes me into the select port window which is complete while nothing in there....

Guest Geeks Squad

Look for QPST Configuration and add the port where ur phone is connected.

OK thanks i manage to do that now coming up as COM9 so do i just load QPST Software Download again go into backup...