[ROM] ZTE Wanna-be-SENSE-r02.1

Guest equiliym

Guest titanio

hi good day, I am an owner of a ZTE racer, I live in mexico and I had tried to replace the Android 2.1 with other roms, but the camera never worked, this is the only version that has left me satisfied. I am a beginner, I would like to know how to apply the updates as there are no instructions.

congratulations for this excellent ROM.

forgive my bad English but it is not my native language

hola buen dia, soy un propietario de un ZTE racer, yo vivo en mexico y habia probado sustituir el android 2.1 con otras roms, sin embargo nunca funcionaba la camara, esta version es la unica que me ha dejado satisfecho. yo soy un principiante, me gustaria saber como aplicar las actualizaciones ya que no existen instrucciones.

felicidades por esta excelente Rom.

perdonen mi mal ingles pero no es mi lengua nativa

Guest equiliym

hi good day, I am an owner of a ZTE racer, I live in mexico and I had tried to replace the Android 2.1 with other roms, but the camera never worked, this is the only version that has left me satisfied. I am a beginner, I would like to know how to apply the updates as there are no instructions.

hm, if you are talking about updates of this rom, download ZTE-WBS-r02.4.20111201.154131.zip from first post and put it on your sdcard and flash it via recovery, simple as that.. since this is a minor update, you do not have to do wipe data/cache, just flash and reboot

• 2 weeks later...
Guest equiliym

added ZTE-WBS-r02.5.20111217.174131 update to first post, few fixes/updates, nothing major, changelog also updated on first post, for those who are using this rom, they should try the new camera recording screen size :P

Edited by equiliym

Guest wicky feat

Thank you for the nice ROM. I have just installed and noticed two annoying icons overlapping middle and right side buttons( Phone and other app) .

Please tell me how can i remove them?

I have installed 2.2-r3 rom.

Edited by wicky feat

Guest equiliym

Thank you for the nice ROM. I have just installed and noticed two annoying icons overlapping middle and right side buttons( Phone and other app) .

Please tell me how can i remove them?

I have installed 2.2-r3 rom.

um.. for 2.2 release you need a transparent image in sdcard, make a custom shortcut with it and drop over lab and rab buttons.. there are example pictures in first post but on 2.3 i included icon pack so its a little different but its all the same anyway, transparent png, custom shortcut and thats it

Guest wicky feat

um.. for 2.2 release you need a transparent image in sdcard, make a custom shortcut with it and drop over lab and rab buttons.. there are example pictures in first post but on 2.3 i included icon pack so its a little different but its all the same anyway, transparent png, custom shortcut and thats it

okay thanks, I am using 2.2 rather than 2.3 because it has got stock audio quality, calibration, even bluethooth works fine sending files. Complete Rom.

Guest equiliym

okay thanks, I am using 2.2 rather than 2.3 because it has got stock audio quality, calibration, even bluethooth works fine sending files. Complete Rom.

yeah that one is based on racers 2.2 final rom unlike all the 2.3.x roms here :P

IT's a good Rom. 2 Bugs that I have noticed, Market is working very slowly and airplane mode is not working.

thats odd, airplane mode works perfectly on my device.. tho yeah, all market v3.x work a bit laggy here, dont know about other racers

but, note taken, ill check those out

edit: i just googled it, people are saying market 3.xx has dns issues and dns should be changed to opendns instead of using googles

here is the opendns addresses, ill try them and if it works, ill include in next possible update, if there is anything to update at all D:

nameserver 208.67.222.222

nameserver 208.67.220.220

Edited by equiliym

Guest jumastic

Cant w8 for that update regarding the market. Airplane mode works, but it is a liitle buggy. When I enter airplane mode on 2.1 Stock no wireless comm is possible. On this rom, when I activate I can freely activate wifi for example. On Racerboy rom 2.3 (racerroms.uk) market works good. See if you can fix it :) I prefer this rom because the fonts are better.

@equilium Sa kojom besplatno aplikacijom mogu da obrisem aplikacije koje mi ne trebaju ? hvala.

Guest equiliym

Cant w8 for that update regarding the market. Airplane mode works, but it is a liitle buggy. When I enter airplane mode on 2.1 Stock no wireless comm is possible. On this rom, when I activate I can freely activate wifi for example. On Racerboy rom 2.3 (racerroms.uk) market works good. See if you can fix it :) I prefer this rom because the fonts are better.

@equilium Sa kojom besplatno aplikacijom mogu da obrisem aplikacije koje mi ne trebaju ? hvala.

ill check his roms regarding market, thanks for the info

offtopic: hmm, ne znam za besplatne aplikacije ali za sve to koristim root explorer, mozes probati ES File Explorer, mislim da su njega hvalili da je dobar

Guest equiliym

well i can say that market opens almost instantly on wifi with opendns addresses, fix included in next update.. now to check what else we can add/fix/remove :P

Guest equiliym

hey all, added ZTE-WBS-r02.6.20111220.173811 update with link and changelog to first page, most important thing in this update is dns that makes market load content almost instantly for those who were having problems.. not sure what the real problem is but changed dns in resolv.conf so atleast over WIFI it opens fast.. and some other tweaks and stuff.. do make nandroid before this update just in case tho my phone works just fine :P

OpenDNS in r02.6 fixes market speed on WIFI but might cause network errors, if any, revert old /system/etc/resolv.conf from rom

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

It's faster but not as 2.1. Try flashing your own phone with this update in order to make sure that you get the same result :)

i did, market 3.xx works as always, as a pain.. was thinking of reverting to that old market 2.x versions but people like the new one

Guest jumastic

Revert Revert Revert :) Who cares about the look of the new market when its not working fast? Can you make the patch so that we can chose if we want to patch it or not ?

Guest equiliym

Revert Revert Revert :) Who cares about the look of the new market when its not working fast? Can you make the patch so that we can chose if we want to patch it or not ?

what do you mean, as in optional for market only?

Hi,i question just install the rom ZTE Wanna-be-SENSE-r02.1 ZTE-WBS-r02.1 2.3.7 ROM, and the update ZTE-WBS-r02.6.20111220.173811 without others updates??

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Guest equiliym

Hi,i question just install the rom ZTE Wanna-be-SENSE-r02.1 ZTE-WBS-r02.1 2.3.7 ROM, and the update ZTE-WBS-r02.6.20111220.173811 without others updates??

yeah, no need for any previous updates

oh and the market thing isnt really working, i cant find all files and stuff needed to downgrade so i need to either check it more or something