ZTE Racer II?

Guest t0mm13b

Hi Baskin, I have another ZTE RACER II from "Tu" spanish mobile company, i want to make a romdump too how do you did this? I need to root the phone?

Thanks!

Read the whole post, there is a link to romdump with instructions. If you need anything else, ask.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Molesto

Hello, I've found that the chip of the zte racerii (arizona) has a Broadcom BCM2157 arm11 dual core chip running at 500Mhz, ¿there are any plan to make a optimized rom for this device?

Guest plegdroid

Hello, I've found that the chip of the zte racerii (arizona) has a Broadcom BCM2157 arm11 dual core chip running at 500Mhz, ¿there are any plan to make a optimized rom for this device?

hola, racer 2 is still in it's infancy, and the majority of us have version 1 racers ,it would need someone with a version 2 phone to port for that phone as its a racer in name only and would seem to differ from the racer that we know :)

Edited by plegdroid

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SicariusLP

Hello guys! I have pretty big problem, can you help me? Does anyone know to make RECOVERY.IMG and will he/she be so nice to make the original one for ZTE RACER 2 and upload it somewhere for me, please! I think it can be made with Fastboot. I f** up and install something bad on it from here (http : / / android . podtwo . com / recovery /) through RecoveryManager.apk and now i stucked on green android icon screen. Can someone, please, help me and provide me that file (recovery.img) I need so I don't have to send it into service centre especially because I rooted this device. Thanks in advance!

Guest SicariusLP

This is from the Greek version, i don't know if it suits you.

http://www.mediafire...gcr1w91i49u3bqu

Hey, it worked! Thank you so much! :lol: Btw, I'm from Croatia and the build number of software in the phone is HRVATSKA_VIP_P728BV1.0.0B01 so it can be used another recovery file, it doesn't have to be the one from home operator and country.. Good to know! Best regards!

Guest krystal5190

Here you have the spanish romdump!

ZTE Racer II SPAIN_TME_P728BV1.0.0B03

I hope this is useful

Hi! im new in this forum so i dunno how to do this well xD

please may you re-upload spanish romdump of zte racer II spain.. I really need it! u know megaupload stuff xD

i've been looking for system.img boot.img and recovery.img for so long, i think i've erased my system partition and i dont know how to fix it. if you cand send me upload it ot whatever.. doesnt matter if its original(i'd prefer) but if its not choice i'll try whatever.. thanks!!

Guest Racerboy

Hi! im new in this forum so i dunno how to do this well xD

please may you re-upload spanish romdump of zte racer II spain.. I really need it! u know megaupload stuff xD

i've been looking for system.img boot.img and recovery.img for so long, i think i've erased my system partition and i dont know how to fix it. if you cand send me upload it ot whatever.. doesnt matter if its original(i'd prefer) but if its not choice i'll try whatever.. thanks!!

i`d say use the ZTE online tool to reflash your phone but i dont think it is available for Racer II yet.......so long as you can FTM (original recovery) mode the phone will get recognised by the tool to reflash stock rom.......but as i say i dont think its available yet, check ZTE anyway

I played with this device today I can give you the following details:

- It has a capacitive multitouch screen, though not one of the best touchscreens.

- It's running Android 2.2.2 stock and 2.6.32.9 kernel.

- The UI is not very fast and laggy sometimes.

- Playing 3D games, or as a matter of fact any 2D games is near impossible because I don't think it has any GPU (like Adreno 200 on the original ZTE Racer). Eveyrthing 2D/3D is extremly laggy, I'd say it can barely get 5 FPS. I thinks this is due to the slower SOC/CPU - Broadcom BCM2157 too.

- Apart from that I didn't check anything but I do noticed that the screen is still only 240x320 (QVGA) so very low res and low color quality display.

Apart from having a resistive touchscreen, I'll recomend the original ZTE Racer if you can get it over the Racer II, it's better in almost everything.

Guest krystal5190

i`d say use the ZTE online tool to reflash your phone but i dont think it is available for Racer II yet.......so long as you can FTM (original recovery) mode the phone will get recognised by the tool to reflash stock rom.......but as i say i dont think its available yet, check ZTE anyway

i've downloaded ZTE online tool but it is not available yet... now im trying to find or make a meta-inf for update.zip from greece romdump, but i dont know where or how make it, i wish you can help me with that :S

Guest Racerboy

i've downloaded ZTE online tool but it is not available yet... now im trying to find or make a meta-inf for update.zip from greece romdump, but i dont know where or how make it, i wish you can help me with that :S

if you`ve got the rom dump of racer II from your carrier i can take a look at it and maybe be-able to help you..post link for it.........do you have a recovery like cwm installed or not????

Guest krystal5190

if you`ve got the rom dump of racer II from your carrier i can take a look at it and maybe be-able to help you..post link for it.........do you have a recovery like cwm installed or not????

i dont have my romdump thats why i was asking @Molesto to upload againg, i've zte racerII from spanish mobile company tu...

cwm isnt available for this model i've original system recovery

Guest Racerboy

i dont have my romdump thats why i was asking @Molesto to upload againg, i've zte racerII from spanish mobile company tu...

cwm isnt available for this model i've original system recovery

fair enough, until he uploads again to different file share server.......i think you should be ok to fastboot the system.img, boot.img etc from the rom dump when you get it providing you have fastboot mode on Racer II.....if that fails then you`ll most likely have to wait for ZTE to upload their (TPT) online phone flash tool which maybe some time....... just send it back and your provider or whoever you bought it from new should reflash the phone for you free of charge

Guest krystal5190

fair enough, until he uploads again to different file share server.......i think you should be ok to fastboot the system.img, boot.img etc from the rom dump when you get it providing you have fastboot mode on Racer II.....if that fails then you`ll most likely have to wait for ZTE to upload their (TPT) online phone flash tool which maybe some time....... just send it back and your provider or whoever you bought it from new should reflash the phone for you free of charge

i have already fixed an issue with fastboot and it does really work in this mobile, i can fastboot system.img boot.img also but i dont have a romdump for my mobile.. y tried greece omdump but it doesnt work...

im tryin to fix by myself because i lost my warranty when i rooted it... but anyway i'll try to give then the mobile..

Guest equiliym

for some odd reason, dumped system is in .tar extension so it can be unpacked very easy even on windows, i didnt download spanish one so i cant really help with that but being a tar file, you dont have to unyaffs it, just extract and a flashable zip can be easy made :P you know the drill :D

also krystal, im not sure if you can flash a tar file, have you checked what fastboot is saying? im pretty sure it must be yaffs iso format when flashing system, maybe thats why it doesnt work

Guest krystal5190

for some odd reason, dumped system is in .tar extension so it can be unpacked very easy even on windows, i didnt download spanish one so i cant really help with that but being a tar file, you dont have to unyaffs it, just extract and a flashable zip can be easy made :P you know the drill :D

also krystal, im not sure if you can flash a tar file, have you checked what fastboot is saying? im pretty sure it must be yaffs iso format when flashing system, maybe thats why it doesnt work

yes i can unpack easy tar extension. but i've tried to flash it in tar extension.. but doesn boot. also i tried to convert the system unpacked folder with mkyaffs2image (i thonk it is its name i dont remember) and neater works... I dont know what else i can do.. i also tried to do an update.zip to flash from my original recovery.. but it doesnt work (installation aborted status 2).. i dont know what does it means.. but anyway im trying to find an original system.img from froyo.. if i flash an original froyo system.img could work?

Guest equiliym

yes i can unpack easy tar extension. but i've tried to flash it in tar extension.. but doesn boot. also i tried to convert the system unpacked folder with mkyaffs2image (i thonk it is its name i dont remember) and neater works... I dont know what else i can do.. i also tried to do an update.zip to flash from my original recovery.. but it doesnt work (installation aborted status 2).. i dont know what does it means.. but anyway im trying to find an original system.img from froyo.. if i flash an original froyo system.img could work?

yes, if you flash your stock rom it shuold work.. i find it odd that others doesnt since its the same phone.. if i had that phone i could mess around with customizing but dont have so i cant really help much :(

Guest krystal5190

yes, if you flash your stock rom it shuold work.. i find it odd that others doesnt since its the same phone.. if i had that phone i could mess around with customizing but dont have so i cant really help much :(

I used other mobile stock rom (froyo 2.2.2 as mine) but it does not work.. reboot again and again... I dont know how to flash system.tar without clockwork.. im only able to use fastboot and original recovery

Guest equiliym

guys, can someone of you with working racer2 do this? plug phone in usb, open adb shell and type 'df -h' command? and copy-paste the results? that way we can see its partition layout and also can be helpful knowing that for making a good cwm install script for flashable update.zip thing :)

Guest SicariusLP

guys, can someone of you with working racer2 do this? plug phone in usb, open adb shell and type 'df -h' command? and copy-paste the results? that way we can see its partition layout and also can be helpful knowing that for making a good cwm install script for flashable update.zip thing :)

export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH:.

$ $ su

# cat /proc/mtd

dev: size erasesize name

mtd0: 01000000 00020000 "modem"

mtd1: 00100000 00020000 "bootloader"

mtd2: 00080000 00020000 "systemdata"

mtd3: 01400000 00020000 "kpanic"

mtd4: 00500000 00020000 "boot"

mtd5: 00040000 00020000 "deviceinfo"

mtd6: 00040000 00020000 "ckdatablock"

mtd7: 004c0000 00020000 "recovery"

mtd8: 00020000 00020000 "misc"

mtd9: 0a000000 00020000 "system"

mtd10: 01e00000 00020000 "cache"

mtd11: 11220000 00020000 "userdata"

# df

/dev: 106780K total, 12K used, 106768K available (block size 4096)

/mnt/asec: 106780K total, 0K used, 106780K available (block size 4096)

/system: 163840K total, 148064K used, 15776K available (block size 4096)

/data: 280704K total, 191288K used, 89416K available (block size 4096)

/cache: 30720K total, 1160K used, 29560K available (block size 4096)

/mnt/sdcard: 1928992K total, 1054112K used, 874880K available (block size 32768)

/mnt/secure/asec: 1928992K total, 1054112K used, 874880K available (block size )

# busybox df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs 104.3M 12.0k 104.3M 0% /dev

tmpfs 104.3M 0 104.3M 0% /mnt/asec

/dev/block/mtdblock9 160.0M 144.6M 15.4M 90% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock11 274.1M 186.8M 87.3M 68% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock10 30.0M 1.1M 28.9M 4% /cache

/dev/block/vold/179:1 1.8G 1.0G 854.4M 55% /mnt/sdcard

/dev/block/vold/179:1 1.8G 1.0G 854.4M 55% /mnt/secure/asec

#

Edited by SicariusLP