Android 4.0.x on ZTE Racer

Guest LordCrash

Guest FezzFest

Hey, you're not on your own! I'm still compiling AOSP at the moment. I also own a Blade, but the Racer has much more ICS potential at the moment. We already have a (partially) working ROM, the Blade doesn't have a working touchscreen in ICS.

Edit: compiling AOSP drives me nuts! After two hours of compiling, it gives an error code I've never seen before. huh.gif

Edited by FezzFest

Guest Vlatko25

Hey, you're not on your own! But I'm still compiling AOSP at the moment. I also own a Blade, but the Racer has much more ICS potential at the moment. We already have a (partially) working ROM, the Blade doesn't have a working touchscreen in ICS.

wow this is interesting fact:D

Here's something nice from the ZTE Blade forum.

Okie,

Here's the github repo which contains identical AOSP directories where ONLY modified files are located.

Pull that down, overwrite the original AOSP sources in the appropriate directories as per in the repo. With your handset running CM7, go to device/zte/blade, run extract-files.sh which will build the vendor directory at the root of the AOSP source tree :)

Invoke

. build/envsetup.sh

lunch

Choose 7 for zte_blade-eng and finally

make

And away you go, wait for the final images to be dumped into out/target/product/blade :)

Edit: bear in mind, the device/zte/blade is GB orientated so work would need to be done there :)

Guest Racerboy

Looks like blade forums are WAAAAAAY ahead of us in fixing stuff for ics roms

well we`ll have to get a ported version from the blade, unless you can build from source????

all the fixes that have been made in blade are currently incorperated into the racer port

Guest Racerboy

the only thing i cant get sorted is the cursor on screen for touch all other fixes are applied and working so far, so if any body can help solve touch screen (kernal related) plz do so...thx

Edited by Racerboy

Guest LordCrash

the only thing i cant get sorted is the cursor on screen for touch all other fixes are applied and working so far, so if any body can help solve touch screen (kernal related) plz do so...thx

I try to ask deadlink perhaps he can help with the kernel